eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

E-crater buyers, your success stories?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ThePastLane

PostPosted: Sat Jun 12, 2010 9:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think that's a great story, frillypad. And it goes right along with the NYT story. Actually, I've found that if you have a retro piece of vintage goods or jewelry or whatever, and it has intials on it, people are most likely looking for it. I've found this to be true especially with cufflinks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
vintageinterestnmore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 6:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just recently we sold a WAF hat. It was in perfect condition. Brand spanking new looking although it was from an elderly woman's estate. I'd had it a while before listing it. The lady who purchased it was in TX. She emailed to let us know how it was being used.
She had enlisted in the Air Force in 1959. When she was discharged, she got rid of all of her uniforms. She recently moved into a retirement community and one of the events was a march by all the veterans on Memorial Day. They were to wear the head dress from whichever branch of service they were in, so she started looking for a WAF hat. Mine was the only one she found. She thanked us and was surprised that it was brand new.
Our veterans are so deserving of our gratitude and respect. I was delighted that we had helped her in some small way.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this thread only for vintage? Hope I'm not butting in but this is one of my favorite emails from a customer -
"Perfect
Don't know if you are familiar with Ed "Big Daddy" Roth or not...a close friend of Ed's (Ed has since passed) and mine, Frank "McGoo" Reynolds, recently lost his dog "Scotty". Frank and Scotty were inseparable. Every year a large number of pin stripers converge on Ed's place in Manti, Utah for what is called the "Rat Fink" reunion. Mrs. Roth has kept the tradition going. Scotty was famous among pin stripers all over the states and while in Manti always attacked the hose in the Roth back yard...This year and in the future an award will be given called the "Scotty", I thought your dog would be perfect to have with us in Scotty's honor. Believe me I looked at many Scotty dogs before selecting yours.
Thanks!"

This was a stuffed animal called Aldis from Gund. I wish I'd saved other stories like this I got. One fella sent me a picture of an item he bought from me to replace one he'd broken (dog broke it actually). It was a Dotty Dracos dog mask with a big tongue sticking out and he used the thing on his kitchen island to hang his dog's leash on. Very cool!
vintageinterestnmore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 12:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe Past Lane meant this for anyone and everyone on eCrater. We (vintageinterestnmore) just happen to love and sell mostly vintage, plus I'm a saver of everything including emails that personalize our sales. As I said before, when I'm not selling well, I like to look back on these to give myself motivation to continue.
Personally, I thoroughly enjoy knowing where the items land, whether they're antique, vintage, semi-vintage, or contemporary.

Cool that your Scotty was chosen over all the other Scotties online!
ThePastLane

PostPosted: Mon Jun 14, 2010 5:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No, this thread is NOT just for vintage. I'd love to hear success stories with customers from anyone who sells anything (well, maybe not so much the sex stuff, although I'm sure there must be some success stories there). I just think the ecrater customers are pretty classy and I also think it's very encouraging to hear about really good transactions.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I sold a piece of vintage luggage today to a photography studio in CA. I asked her what they were using the luggage for (nosy me)! They are doing an article on National Lampoon Vacation. The interview will be with Chevy of course! Who remembers the luggage flying out the back of the old station wagon...I sure do!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Aw Frilly, you get all the good stuff!
vintageinterestnmore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What Moonwishes said Frilly, and I'm sooo jealous!

Two total for the month so far. Good luck all.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You know it's amazing how many customers I talk to over the phone. Everyone has a story...I can't lie I love hearing some of the ways my items are being used.

A lady bought a pair of vintage swords from me a few months ago. After she received them she emails me to tell me how cool she thought they were and such. Told me they would work perfectly for the spiritual ritual she would be using them for! OUCH!! My reply... Cool... delete delete Shocked Laughing
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Speaking of how people use things, today just before a went to the PO in the US I checked my mail, like maybe the watched pot had boiled. There was an order for a fancy antique hanky.

I didn't think anything about a man's name being on the order. Many women use their husband's name when ordering, but this order was accompanied by an email from the buyer who wanted to wear the hanky at a wedding next weekend. I advertise these as wedding hankies or fancy hankies to carry in an evening bag etc. I had never considered that men would tuck one in a breast pocket. But when I looked at the hanky I realized how great it would be folded into a pocket on a dark suit or tuxedo jacket.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay another good story! Laughing
I just sold a song book to a man in the UK- The song book was by a Gospel band from the 70's. The gentleman was a member of the band way back when and was completely overjoyed to find this book.
Ahhhh I love good stories! Very Happy
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like that idea for fancy hankies. I love to embellish old hankies with crochet. If I had time.......LOL..... I could make a bunch to sell in my store and promote them to men who wear suits. A new fashion craze!
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 3:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lastade designs, the hanky I sold the man wasn't lacy but it had an elaborate threadwork pattern.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 11, 2010 6:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I bet it was pretty and l am sure the man got many compliments. I think any silky decorated hanky would look interesting in the breast pocket.

I have enjoyed the stories here on this thread. I mostly get the searchers for lost patterns who are overjoyed to find a replacement. I love helping people find patterns because I love patterns.

I went to a sale this morning and found a cookie jar like the one my husband gave me for a present when my son was born. The one he gave me is up north at my cabin. Now I have one to enjoy in my home in Florida.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Sun Sep 12, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs I found a tea pitcher the other day just like the one my mom used when I was a kid- Yep I bought it, had to have it! I get these stories all the time from customers. Oh my grandma had one just like this, I just have to have it! Works for me...LOL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 3 of 4

Jump to: