eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Can You have More Than One Store?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:46 pm    Post subject: Can You have More Than One Store? Reply with quote

I was just wondering.. Can you have more than one store, using the the same email address? I already have 2 stores. One for jewelry and one for handbags, and both have different email addresses.

I have other stuff that I would like to sell, that just doesn't look right mixed in with my jewelry or my handbags, SOOOO I would like to open another store, but I want to use an email address that I already use. Can I do that?

Thanks so much
Jackie
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dancingwithbooks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey Jackie, no, you can't use the same email. You can have more stores, but each one has to have it's own different email address. You can use the same paypal and google accounts for each store though.

later,
dancing
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
You can use the same paypal and google accounts for each store though

So if I use a different email address, how can I use my PayPal or google accounts? The new email address won't be on them..

Jackie
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You only need a different email address for the registration of the store. Once you register it and verify that email you won't ever need it again.

You can used the same email addy to have the orders sent to, for PayPal, and for google.
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh Cool. Smile Thank you.

I have a lot of stuff around my house that I'd love to sell, but like I said, it just won't look right mixed in with jewelry or handbags. It would kind of spoil the effect, if ya know what I mean. Smile

Thanks so much for all your help.

Jackie
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 6:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe you can also attach as many e-mail addresses as you need to to your PayPal account. I have about three on my account..
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 26, 2007 8:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
I believe you can also attach as many e-mail addresses as you need to to your PayPal account. I have about three on my account..

There is a limit - 5 or maybe 10. I know only because I wanted to add one more and couldn't, lol. I just don't remember now how many I have there, lol
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I believe you can also attach as many e-mail addresses as you need to to your PayPal account. I have about three on my account

I have 2 on PayPal account, but you can only set up one at a time as your primary, and that is the one that all your payments will go through, unless you change your primary name to one of your other email address's.

No payments ever go through my other email, because I don't have it set as my primary.

When I send an invoice to someone, the primary name is the one that shows up on it. It confuses my buyers, so I always add a note letting them know that the email addy on the invoice is me too.
Smile

At least that's the way it works on auction sites. I don't know how it will work here on ecrater. I haven't sold any handbags yet to find out how it works. Sad

Jackie
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 27, 2007 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

FineGemsJewelry wrote:
Quote:
I believe you can also attach as many e-mail addresses as you need to to your PayPal account. I have about three on my account

[b]I have 2 on PayPal account, but you can only set up one at a time as your primary, and that is the one that all your payments will go through, unless you change your primary name to one of your other email address's.

I'm pretty sure that it doesn't have to be a primary address for it to receive payments. As long as PayPal has it as one of your addresses it's one of your PayPal addresses.

But if you're just saying that it's confusing when invoicing then I can see that -- especially if you use really different names for the different stores.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Google checkout for additional stores Reply with quote

From reading this post I see that I need different email addresses for second and third stores but can use the same Paypal and Google accounts.

I thought I heard somewhere that you had to have a different bank account for each store for Paypal and Google payments to be sent. Is that correct? Or was I dreaming?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nah, you can use the same account for all of them. I use PayPal in a few different places. Actually, I only use Google here but I'm pretty sure it's the same as far as that goes.
dahawaiiankinestore

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 6:28 pm    Post subject: Re: Google checkout for additional stores Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiet wrote:
I thought I heard somewhere that you had to have a different bank account for each store for Paypal and Google payments to be sent. Is that correct? Or was I dreaming?

You can have as many GC accounts as you want all pointing to the same bank account.

In fact, your bank account can be attached to a GC account that doesn't have your name on it.

I set up a different GC account (with matching gmail account) for each of my stores and my husband set up GC accounts for his. They all point to my bank account.

Can't say anything about PP bec I don't and won't use them anymore. Haven't for over a year.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 7:27 pm    Post subject: Re: Google checkout for additional stores Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiet wrote:

What dahawaiiankinestore says about Google Checkout is correct.

With PayPal you technically are not allowed to have more then one personal PayPal account and one business or premier account. BUT you can have several - I think it's like 10 different email addresses attached to one PP account.

You can have mulitiple stores on ecrater.com using the same PP account. I have 5 of them using one PP account - some using the exact same PP email payment address.

I hope we have answered your question, if not please let us know what else you want to know.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: