eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

pay for clicks

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:07 pm    Post subject: pay for clicks Reply with quote

Has anyone tried paying for clicks through google to get customers?
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I spent way too much money on Adwords, whew, the return for me anyway was not worth it.

Hey, Treasure, love your teapots! My youngest is turning 21 in May, she's a huge collector of teapots and sets, will look you up in the next few weeks! I'm always trying to find her that special teapot she just has to have LOL!
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

She really loves those tea for one sets, I've gotten her about half a dozen of them already, one for every mood!
treasureboutique

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ok thanks. How are sales? i have gotten 3 in about the 3 months I have been open. Hopefully the business will grow.
jwautographs

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Adwords will get you some general traffic to your site.

In order to get a good return on sales you need to focus your ads on specific products. Target your audience carefully and use keywords with exact match criteria so the keywords match the search as closely as possible.

Also, I suggest you limit the exposure of your adwords to google searches only. They have many "partner sites" such as AOL, etc. I've found these partner sites bring the most hits with the least return on sales.

Bid low!!! The object of the game is to pay as little as possible to find the perfect prospect possible for your product.

Remember, adwords purpose is to make as much money from you as possible. Take some time and get to learn how to best use their system to effectively work for you at the least cost.

It can work but you need to move slowly and deliberately.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good points, Joe. But I just read that Google is going to implement some changes and filters to help avoid the click fraud going on, which is very real. Verrrry slow is the word til how these changes shake out would be a smart move.

Here is Bruce Clay's fabulous search engine relationship chart. I would post it, but he requests that it be used only via link, so here ya go, it outlines what search engines are fed by Google.

http://www.bruceclay.com/searchenginerelationshipchart.htm

Being the cheapskate that I am, instead of continuing with the Adwords campaign I tried out for a couple of months, I used this chart, set up a public group on each of the "feeders" that I could, and started bookmarking the entire website to each group. By the entire site, I mean every page, every listing. Tons of work, oh, yeah, but it has paid off.

If most of the engines Google feeds have valid links being saved into them, it's only a matter of time (not soon time, but time) before Google says, hey...maybe this is a good site since it's being bookmarked all over the place, I better go visit it, compare content and keywords, and put that puppy in the index.

I always did sneak in the back door when I was a kid...still do Laughing
ljstores

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
Good points, Joe. But I just read that Google is going to implement some changes and filters to help avoid the click fraud going on, which is very real. Verrrry slow is the word til how these changes shake out would be a smart move.

Here is Bruce Clay's fabulous search engine relationship chart. I would post it, but he requests that it be used only via link, so here ya go, it outlines what search engines are fed by Google.

http://www.bruceclay.com/searchenginerelationshipchart.htm

Being the cheapskate that I am, instead of continuing with the Adwords campaign I tried out for a couple of months, I used this chart, set up a public group on each of the "feeders" that I could, and started bookmarking the entire website to each group. By the entire site, I mean every page, every listing. Tons of work, oh, yeah, but it has paid off.

If most of the engines Google feeds have valid links being saved into them, it's only a matter of time (not soon time, but time) before Google says, hey...maybe this is a good site since it's being bookmarked all over the place, I better go visit it, compare content and keywords, and put that puppy in the index.

I always did sneak in the back door when I was a kid...still do Laughing

That looks like a really interesting site!
I have bookmarked it and tend to study it whils I am in the UK'
Thanks Eleganza
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ScentimentsBySandra

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last year I tried Yahoo's pay-per-click SearchWords (or whatever the name of the program is...), because my Ebay Store Traffic Reports said I was getting more hits from Yahoo than Google.

I paid my stated maximum ($30) for 3 months--a total of $90 and ZERO sales! Plenty of clicks, excellent placement, but nada...nuttin.

Seems to me I get EXCELLENT placement in Google Search just from having my items listed in eCrater!

Sandra
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: