eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Package arrived but no feedback from buyer =(
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
mpcheah

PostPosted: Sun Oct 10, 2010 11:03 pm    Post subject: Package arrived but no feedback from buyer =( Reply with quote

I was so happy to know that my package has been safely arrived buyer's address as per USPS system but however, there was no one acknowledge receive the package and therefore was on hold back by the USPS....=(
* package sent out via registered mail
A notice from USPS has been left to buyer for collection and furthermore, i also did sent sms & email to buyer but no reply from buyer.
What should I need to do now?? I dont want to fail my 1st deal and also disappoint my buyer, just in case the package is late for collection (due to any kind of unforeseen circumstances)....
May I know how long will the USPS to hold the package till the buyer to redeem ?
Urgently need advices and assistance...
Thanks.

http://mpcheah.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

when did the USPS leave the notice?
Monday 10/11 is a postal holiday
some PO's will make a second delivery attempt.
they will usually hold it 10 days.

Did you let the buyer know BEFORE purchasing that they would be required to sign for the package?
Most buyers work and can't be home to sign.
Many can't get to the PO during business hours to pick it up either and would have had you send it to their work instead.
mpcheah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 12:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Below is the massage appeared in USPS online system :-

"We attempted to deliver your item at 2:29 pm on October 08, 2010 in (buyer's address) and a notice was left. You may pick up the item at the Post Office indicated on the notice, go to www.usps.com/redelivery, or call 800-ASK-USPS to arrange for redelivery. If this item is unclaimed after 30 days then it will be returned to the sender. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later. "

I did update buyer the whole status from the beginning of order received till the end of delivery. I acknowledged the buyer's order through email, sent the buyer the dispatch notification and also the final email about the undeliverable package. However, there was totally no reply from buyer from my 1st email Sad

My main concern is "i want my order to safely reached the buyer and buyer happy & satisfy with my overall process as well as the product".....
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as stated If this item is unclaimed after 30 days then it will be returned to the sender

Quote:
My main concern is "i want my order to safely reached the buyer and buyer happy & satisfy with my overall process as well as the product".....

and that's great BUT the buyer may not check their email all the time. I know people tht check their email once a week or twice a month.
You as the seller have done what you should and should do no more.
don't send more emails - if they do check their email account then you might make them mad because you email too much.
mpcheah

PostPosted: Mon Oct 11, 2010 1:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well noted of your advices as now i should have stopped to send emails to the buyer...just hoping the buyer is manage to get the stuff and dont wasted all his money paid for....

lastly, i feel much more relief and happy to get all your feedbacks & advices....thanks!

i'm looking forward for more sales and keep going to get supports from all ecrater members.....
mpcheah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st of all, i'm very happy that the buyer had acknowledged my message by returned sms last week....
but however, the package still yet to claim till today and wondering whether the buyer still keen to claim back the package or he is really busy and has no time or unsure whether how to claiming back.......
may i know whether should i follow up with the buyer again or just leave to the buyer???
please advise.

http://theartofwall.ecrater.com/
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many people that work don't have time to get to their postoffice.
Heck, my neighbor has lived here 10 years and had to ask me where the post office even was located.
People do not like to go there and stand in line forever.

You might send the buyer another email BUT if they ignored the others they probably will ignore this one too.
That choice is 100% your decision.
mpcheah

PostPosted: Tue Oct 19, 2010 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

unsure the PO in USA whether the buyer can always instruct the PO to resend to the address and right timing where the buyer is available to receive the package?
what you said is very true if the buyer is not keen to the package, and very sure the buyer will not even reply my message too....
anyway, i believed i had done my very best and its now leave to the buyer to decide....
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 12:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
unsure the PO in USA whether the buyer can always instruct the PO to resend to the address and right timing where the buyer is available to receive the package?

not possible
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpcheah wrote:
1st of all, i'm very happy that the buyer had acknowledged my message by returned sms last week....
but however, the package still yet to claim till today and wondering whether the buyer still keen to claim back the package or he is really busy and has no time or unsure whether how to claiming back.......
may i know whether should i follow up with the buyer again or just leave to the buyer???
please advise.

http://theartofwall.ecrater.com/

I'd leave the buyer alone. You have made contact. If the buyer picks up the package, fine. If not it will eventually make its way back to you. You can't do anything now except annoy the buyer if you keep sending emails.

Did the buyer pay for it or is it COD?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
If not it will eventually make its way back to you.

INTERNATIONAL packages are usually marked abandon and not returned UNLESS the shipper marked the item and agrees to pay the shipping charges again.
It's right on the US custom forms so I am guessing it's that way for other countries too, I don't know.
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had 2 packages that were shipped International returned to me. One to Canada that was unclaimed- the other was shipped to Saudi and it was returned to me 6 months later! I'm sure it depends on the Country of course and if the contents appear to be inviting- Guess mine weren't!
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

frillypad wrote:
I've had 2 packages that were shipped International returned to me. One to Canada that was unclaimed- the other was shipped to Saudi and it was returned to me 6 months later! I'm sure it depends on the Country of course and if the contents appear to be inviting- Guess mine weren't!

I've never been so lucky.

Did you PO charege you postage due on the return?
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:

I've never been so lucky.

I've been lucky twice, too, both times for packages to the UK, both not claimed at customs. One customer was really anxious to get the items, so when I told him the package had been returned, he paid me again! He said he had never gotten any notice from customs to come pick them up. I repacked them and sent them again and he got them the second time.

Quote:
Did you PO charge you postage due on the return?

Mine didn't either time.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Wed Oct 20, 2010 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

mpcheah

You have emailed the buyer. The PO has left them a pick up notice, but with PO hours being what they are here, some people have to take time off from work or show up early Saturday morning to pick up items at the PO. It is very frustrating at times. Once I saw the mailman on my porch deliver the mail. I immediately walked out and got it and had a notice that said "sorry you weren't here for your delivery, come to the PO to pick it up"!!! the mailman was just being lazy and didn't want to carry it with him. Took two tries at the PO to even get it.

The important thing to remember here is: You are not the mailman or the PO. You can't make your buyer go pick up their mail. If it gets returned to you and the buyer still wants it, they should pay for the shipping again (not you) since their not picking up the package isn't your fault it is theirs. The could always send someone to pick it up for them.

If I understood your first post correctly, you did advise them that the PO is holding their package. Not sure what you put in the subject line of your email, but if it was just something like 'hello' the person may have deleted it as spam. If you want to try one last time, be sure your subject line states: Your (fill in what it was) order needs picked up at PO. And then very clearly write them a note that says that whatever it is, purchased on whatever date, is being held at the PO and needs picked up.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: