eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCRATER launches in United Kingdom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zeba

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:10 am    Post subject: How do you setup a Google Checkout UK merchant ID Reply with quote

Hi,

I already have a merchant ID, but the instructions say I need to set up Google Checkout UK merchant ID. How do you do that?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
surknights-emporium

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

holylandbazaar wrote:
so why can't they take the shipping costs that we have already listed to america...and convert them as well

No worries, they do convert them.
heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 8:57 am    Post subject: Cannot use the UK feature either Reply with quote

I love selling to the UK customers however, I have free shipping with the items I sell to the USA & Canada only. I cannot do free shipping to the UK. I am not sure at all how the shipping can be managed with the free shipping situation to the USA & Canada only.

Heritage Lace and Treasures Boutique
http://heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique.ecrater.com/

Last edited by heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique on Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:00 am; edited 1 time in total
surknights-emporium

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:00 am    Post subject: Re: How do you setup a Google Checkout UK merchant ID Reply with quote

zeba wrote:
Hi,

I already have a merchant ID, but the instructions say I need to set up Google Checkout UK merchant ID. How do you do that?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

That's really odd, I didn't have to do that. All I did was go into the eCrater payment options and plug the same two values for merchant ID and key into the respective UK fields and it worked.
AustintatiousOfferings

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
"Hi,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

That's really odd, I didn't have to do that. All I did was go into the eCrater payment options and plug the same two values for merchant ID and key into the respective UK fields and it worked."

This is the question that we had too. The conversion is pretty straightforward, and we're all launched. We use the matrix for our International Clients, so that's straightforward too.
On occasion we've had UK clients using google checkout for the ecrater.com site, so we know our google checkout processes the orders appropriately.

I couldn't find a way to set up a new googlecheckout account specifically for the UK, so I plugged in the exact values and hope that works.

Here's my remaining questions.

1. Is there inventory control between the two sites.. as in, are these actually the exact same items, or did I just duplicate every single thing in my ecrater inventory. If it sells out on the USA, does it show sold out in the UK.

2. Site maintenance, same question as above. Are they actually different, or if I make changes to one, does it show on the other.

Thanks for the input!
surknights-emporium

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:18 am    Post subject: Re: Cannot use the UK feature either Reply with quote

heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique wrote:
I love selling to the UK customers however, I have free shipping with the items I sell to the USA & Canada only. I cannot do free shipping to the UK. I am not sure at all how the shipping can be managed with the free shipping situation to the USA & Canada only.

Heritage Lace and Treasures Boutique
http://heritagelaceandtreasuresboutique.ecrater.com/

Just put the figures for the service you want to use to the UK into the shipping matrix. For instance, I'm using the UPS Worldwide Expedited zone 601/631 rates in the shipping matrix. That way if the shipping calculator chokes buyers in the UK won't accidentally get free shipping.
surknights-emporium

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

[quote="AustintatiousOfferings"]
Quote:
if I make changes to one, does it show on the other.

Yes it does. I think it's the same site only 'translated' for UK currency. Seems to me eCrater wouldn't be able to get Google Products UK to list the items otherwise since Google rejects duplicate content.
silverdiva

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 10:23 am    Post subject: Pending? Reply with quote

Hi ecrater,

Thanks so much for this wonderful option! On other sites, I ship to the UK and Australia every week, often every day.

I have 2 questions. Will there be an Australia ecrater site anytime soon? Also, how long will my ecrater UK site be pending? Just did this this morning. Thanks!

The Silver Diva
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the same questions -

Inventory control - if an item is sold at one site will it automatically be 'sold' at the other site? The second part of the question - if add/edits to the US site affect the UK site, is it instant or is there a time frame for the change to appear?

Payment Options - I'm totally confused. I thought US google was only for use by US buyers and sellers. If I understand correctly, all payment options will appear. So how do I do google payments with the UK store since I CANNOT open a bank account for GSP?

I've got the rest under control (in my mind). These are the two last questions.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have everything set up for the UK site (I think). Does it take awhile for everything to show up on your UK store? My store is up but the inventory doesn't show up yet and on the global editor, it is showing the "set UK pricing" as pending.

http://carolinabluelady.ecrater.co.uk/
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 1:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

surknights-emporium, were you able to set this up through the system with Google Checkout or are you only using Paypal for UK? I believe I have most everything else worked out, but this free shipping to the UK problem is still nagging at our heels. I can fix this by enabling usps shipping but unfortunately that enables it for everywhere except the lower 48 U.S. Canada, Hawaii and Alaska will be paying the higher costs. We could do that, but rather not.
AChildsWorldofFabrics

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When we first started selling on eCrater, we set up the shipping matrix to include the countries we would ship to. We accept both GCO and PP. They both work seamlessly on international orders with automatic currency conversion at checkout.

We don't have to invoice outside checkout for international orders as others have mentioned in this thread. We've never experienced that issue.

GCO vs. PP Payments - GCO does not offer shipping services and PP will not print international shipping labels if the payment was not received through PP, so we have to manually process GCO international customs forms, postage and pay the higher offline postage rates for GCO orders. We consider the manual processing well worth the effort for our international customers' convenience. I don't think shipping procedures would change with the new .uk site.

The old system has worked well for us as it was set up and we didn't have to track conversion rates, which is why we'll stay the course for the time being, rather than complicating our system. Hopefully UK customers will still find us on the .com site. If not, we'll have to consider options and make decisions.

The GBP amount showing up in the item description and the site being a .uk are the only things I can see as being a positive for UK customers over the .com site. Have UK sellers been able to list on the .com site? Maybe that's another + for the .uk site. However, it seems like UK customers will now have to shop 2 sites (.com and .uk) to view all products available to them. Will they shop both sites or get distracted by one or the other?

I appreciate the efforts eCrater has put into the new system. I'm optimistic a few adjustments could make the system more user friendly for the US sellers and that everyone will benefit from the changes.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 2:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AChildsWorldofFabrics - By any chance are most of your items of about the same weight? I ask because our items are all over the board, from under a pound to over 100 pounds. Because of this I've never been able to get a handle on the shipping matrix and we have figured all international orders manually just about from the start. This has worked fine, however as I am seeing now, we have not been aware of certain issues that in retrospect probably cost us some business at some point or another. I would like to take another crack at the matrix or find some way of having separate prices for Canada, Hawaii and Alaska without having to lump them in with the rest of the world. Any suggestions you have on this I would welcome.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:10 pm    Post subject: Re: How do you setup a Google Checkout UK merchant ID Reply with quote

surknights-emporium wrote:
zeba wrote:
Hi,

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks,

That's really odd, I didn't have to do that. All I did was go into the eCrater payment options and plug the same two values for merchant ID and key into the respective UK fields and it worked.

This is incorrect. If you want to accept Google Checkout in your UK store you need a bank account in GBP and then you have to sign up for Google Checkout UK. The bank account in British pound is requirement of Google Checkout.

Please see the thread in the FAQs and Solutions Topic regarding the UK eCRATER Marketplace
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=25884

em
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater - Please clarify whether this applies to users in the U.S. as well as UK. Do you mean all users will have to create a gbp Google Checkout account to enable immediate purchase, or does this step only apply to those located outside the U.S.? And if you DO have to create a gbp GCO account, will we be able to have a currency conversion before receiving, or will we have to set something up with our bank to convert the currency upon receiving? I know there are banks that do this, but they often charge a hefty fee to do so.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 4 of 14

Jump to: