eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Problem with PayPal lately?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 04, 2010 9:28 am    Post subject: Problem with PayPal lately? Reply with quote

I've had two PayPal orders today and one last week that were both paid immediately in PayPal, but they don't get marked as paid in eCrater, I have to do that manually (and also I have to go in and manually reduce the quantity).

I've never had that happen before. What has changed?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Fri Nov 05, 2010 10:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also I've noticed my total number of sales does not increase for those items, even though I've marked them as paid.

Furthermore, one of these people affected by this last week emailed me that they wanted to leave me feedback but didn't get an email from eCrater with a link.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sun Nov 07, 2010 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, NONE of my orders paid via PayPal are being marked as paid or eligible for feedback or being added to my sales count or reducing the available inventory count. This is 10 sales now in the past few days.

Is this happening to anyone else? Anyone?
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had an order tonight that was PP - it was marked as paid and I received my notices. Most of my orders are GCO- but I had this happen one time.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 2:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It happened to me a few weeks ago with just one order although I got the notices from both PP and ecrater. It just didn't show up as paid in my admin file.

Today however I had my first PP order since then and it came through fine.

Almost all my orders are Google.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 10:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PP working okay for me except it doesn't get marked as paid on the UK orders. You have to manually do it after you accept the money.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 08, 2010 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't do anything as far as setup, etc for the UK for that store. All my orders are in the US, being paid in dollars, etc.

This happens for EVERY SINGLE ORDER now in that store (ironically ever since the Google feed started working again for people who only take PayPal or Google but not both), because I only take PayPal in that one.

Just sold 2 more things in the past hour and it happened again.

My biggest problem is I'm going to have more than one person order the same thing because I can't sit here 24/7 and babysit this to go in and reduce the inventory/hide the item every time something is sold. I already do it 14 hours a day but I do have to sleep, also.

People double-ordering happened last year when there wasn't this problem (people just buying things within 5 minutes of each other, before eCrater could get the payment info back from PayPal), this will make it worse.

Yesterday I emailed ecrater via the help form to see if there is something I can do to fix this. I'm getting the feeling that my only choice is to drop PayPal and do Google Checkout only, as I see it is being heavily promoted. However, last year when I tried that, calculated shipping did not work, and I need that for that store because of the variable weights of what I sell and the fact that most orders are 2 or more items.
babyesscentials

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 10:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had two orders in the past two weeks that have both said they used 'express checkout', and both payments have disappeared. One says it was paid with paypal, and there is no payment for that person. The second was not marked paid, the customer said she got charged and wants her money back. I have been trying to explain to her that I don't have her money, but if it shows up I will be happy to refund her immediately. And then the third order that did use PayPal isn't marked paid, but the payment is in paypal.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Curious as to what 'express checkout' is. I suspect it is something to do with PP-ebay and lets change things right at Christmas time. If a customer says they paid you, ask them for their transaction number and use it to let PP know something has gone wrong on their end. I doubt that ecrater can fix this. Only PP can credit the customer with her money back if you didn't receive it.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eCrater has told me that PayPal is not sending notifications of payment back to them.

I asked if there is a setting I could change in PayPal, but haven't gotten a response. I asked PayPal as well.

This is getting pretty frustrating, as this is my busy season in that store and it is sad that I've had 15 sales in the past few days and have gotten no credit for it in my sales count, no way for them to leave me glowing feedback (which also shows up in Google), and its made inventory control a real headache because most orders I get are for multiple items.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Nov 11, 2010 10:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one PayPal payment early on Wed 10th, and eCrater marked it correctly.

Not sure why you would be having a problem I'm not seeing.
HOMEBODIES

PostPosted: Sat Nov 13, 2010 3:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I too have had 3 orders today via paypal, 2 of which paid immediately and one is waiting on a combined invoice so hasn't paid yet. Neither was marked as paid on Ecrater. Inventory was not reduced and so far my sales number hasn't changed either. I had to go in and manually mark paid and change the inventory count as these were listings that only had 1 available.
I think its an issue with paypal, not ecrater. My google checkout is working normal. I have not changed any settings.
HandsofCreativity

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one order last week, that wanted to use PP. I generally wait one week for payment, then send note. I did that, and sure enough, they paid the day of sale. Guess we need to check our PP more often. I did feel bad to take the blame, and have my buyer wait so long for me to send PAID item. We can't take anything for granted now with all of the UPGRADES... Smile
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Nov 14, 2010 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I never send a customer a payment request until I have checked to see whether they have paid on PP or GCO. Keeps one from having egg on their face.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Mon Nov 15, 2010 12:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I've had 3 unhappy customers so far since this started that ordered things other people had already purchased while I was sleeping and couldn't hide the products fast enough.

PayPal has told me I need to enable IPN and turn it off. But I can't do that without a URL. Ecrater has told me not to do that, to wait until they figure out what is wrong.

Frustrating as this is my busy season for that store.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: