eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

problems at the datacenter

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 1:47 am    Post subject: problems at the datacenter Reply with quote

eCRATER was inaccessible today between 15:00-16:30 and 17:45-22:40.

I am looking what may caused the problem. It looks like a hardware problem with the server or problem with the port of the switch the server is plugged in.

At a first glance the log files did not revealed any problems.

The whole marketplace is being backed up on a regular basis so your stores are safe.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

All appears OK with my items, my sales and my store! I do not notice any issues at all. Thanks 4 the update! Smile

Erin
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As most of you know - the site went down again - sometime after 3:00 am MST and before 7:30am MST.

Should their be down time on ecrater.com please watch the PSU board for updates. http://www.powersellersunite.com/viewforum.php?f=28&sid=0a89809c5fe7f48f3d16c81ba0f3766f

I spoke with Dimitri - he TEMPORARILY moved the info. No one lost anything.

IT will be down again once he receives a new part - but that won't be for a day or 2.

Let's all hope this works! It's slower then we are used to but that is temporary too.
KathysCornerStore

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 5:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am new around here, but have to say I am amazed at how fast the site came back.
This is an amazing endeavor!
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 6:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kathy - welcome to eCrater!

BTMC - great to be 'back' - even if it's slow!!

I just arrived, so sneaking around....

Erin
Goodstuffgiftshop

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2007 9:29 pm    Post subject: Great to be back... Reply with quote

Now I can finish posting my new items ...YAY! Very Happy

Hey Guys! Wink
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 1:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a quick update: I pulled out the server from the datacenter this morning. I changed the power supply and brought the server to the garage. Temporary it will be running from there. It is sitting on an empty carton but at least it is up and running. I am expecting to get a new motherboard tomorrow so hopefully by the end of the day I will be able to bring it back to the datacenter. I will try to minimize the downtime as much as possible. Most probably the power supply caused the problem but it might also be a bad motherboard. Hopefully it is just the power supply so that the site stays up and running until I change the motherboard tomorrow.

Thank you for your understanding.
AvonAndMark4You

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

So glad to be back up and running again. I was worried but everything looks great. This is awesome that you get it fixed so fast. We are very grateful and Dimitri you have a terrific site. Love all the stores.

Keep up the great work.

Check out my other stores for great clothing deals and music, books and morel.

www.onceisneverenough.ecrater.com
www.almostantique.ecrater.com

Have a great day everyone

Michelle Very Happy
ljstores

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater wrote:
Just a quick update: I pulled out the server from the datacenter this morning. I changed the power supply and brought the server to the garage. Temporary it will be running from there. It is sitting on an empty carton but at least it is up and running. I am expecting to get a new motherboard tomorrow so hopefully by the end of the day I will be able to bring it back to the datacenter. I will try to minimize the downtime as much as possible. Most probably the power supply caused the problem but it might also be a bad motherboard. Hopefully it is just the power supply so that the site stays up and running until I change the motherboard tomorrow.

Thank you for your understanding.

We really appreciate you keeping us up to date "what a concept"

Thank you very much Laughing

LJ
FineGemsJewelry

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2007 2:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good Golly Miss Moly. The site has been like a yoyo the past few days. LOL

I get emails from FreeWebMonitoring.com, that lets me know when the site is down, and when it's back up again. I just got one a little while ago, and it said the site was down for just over 12 hours. I think FreeWebMonitoring.com is a little behind, because I have been able to access my store all day. Smile

Gee Wiz, I hope the site stays up this time. I want to add more goodies to my store, plus update my website with new links to the new items. Smile

Jackie
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: