eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to paste code into text areas

View previous topic :: View next topic  
adornment

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:27 am    Post subject: How to paste code into text areas Reply with quote

I would like to post some code (to promote my site via theFind.com) When I paste code into text areas it shows as text, rather than being read as code. Is there a way to do this? The code I want to use is below.

Adornment: Vintage and Collectible Costume Jewelry is UpFront
thefind.upfront.init('tf_upfront_badge', '04ef5bac42ff2f4071a67e7ecc67bd9e')
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wilbere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I put mine down at the bottom area of my home page text, so it doesn't show, but is there.

To get there, you go to your admin area > Edit Texts > Home, then add some returns after whatever text you have there, and paste in the code.

I know mine works, as my ecrater store is verified in thefind's Merchant Center, and I have an account there for it.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by wilbere on Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:45 pm; edited 1 time in total
adornment

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:46 am    Post subject: reply:Wilbere Reply with quote

Wilbere--Can you give me a link to your page where you pasted this? I did what you said and still see the code as text.
wilbere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, it's here: http://wilbere.ecrater.com/

I added about six hard returns after the text you see on my home page, so that the code is not seen. Position the code way down in your text field below the "window" area that is seen.
adornment

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 11:53 am    Post subject: reply:Wilbere Reply with quote

Okay, thanks. I'm going to try that. Very Happy
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It doesn't matter what you do, you can't use html in your text pages on ecrater. You may do a lot of returns, but it will still look like code and not be clickable.
wilbere

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, thefind's code isn't supposed to be "clickable" or seen by customers.

You use it to submit your ecrater store to thefind's Merchant Center. You insert their code in your store, thefind then verifies your ecrater store. Adding the hard returns moves the code down lower in the space so that it is not seen by customers.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

no html code will work here... so you will "see the code" in your listings & it will not do anything but mess up any feeds because it will look like nonsense.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The find will find you with or without the 'code'. Checking my Google Analytics, it is my 5th highest traffic source--without putting 'code' in any of my listings.

Those types of codes can only be read when they can convert to html and be read that way and as I already mentioned, you can't use html in ecrater. At least in all the years of using computers and 'codes', all codes needed to be in html or some type of computer language and seeing a code like the one you mentioned, which is visible is code that isn't working. But perhaps I'm wrong, do whatever you like. Although if you start getting rejected for google feeds, that should be the first problem you look at--boilerplate.
wilbere

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want to actively promote your ecrater store using thefind, you certainly can do so by adding thefind code to your store home page (not your listing descriptions) as described above.

There's no guesswork about whether thefind code can be read by the find. If your store is verified by thefind, your code was read. You won't screw up your google feeds (mine are fine, at 100% in the US and UK), nor will you be adding "boilerplate," because you don't add the code to your listing descriptions.

What you can then do, if you wish, is use thefind's Merchant Center tools. You can set up your store to appear in thefind's Store Directory. Your store will be searcheable as a store in thefind's search results. You can generate an "upfront" button to put on a website or Squidoo lens that links to your store items in thefind, etc., etc.

This is active promotion, beyond having your items found and displayed in thefinds' web crawls. Hope this helps the op.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: