eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

New Member - Lost First Customer - Check-out Problem

View previous topic :: View next topic  
timelesstreasures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 1:39 pm    Post subject: New Member - Lost First Customer - Check-out Problem Reply with quote

Really need some help. Made my first sale last night and was really happy. Received noreply@ecrater and e-mailed confirmation to buyer that item would be mailed upon receipt of money order as indicated in the order.
This morning I received the following note from buyer:
Quote:
I just don't feel very comfortable w/ your ordering process- so I will continue to look for my item. Thanks for your time.

I wanted to know what happened and asked her for further details at which she responded:
Quote:
I'm not saying there is anything wrong w/ you or your store- I just don't feel comfortable w/ the process. I don't like the idea of not being able to pay w/ a credit card online and have my product shipped immediately. I am in the process of remodeling my home and am kind of in a hurried situation. I also didn't like the idea that when I gave my info, I was told where to send the money order and my order number- but I wasn't given any other info (such as when my product would be shipped, what the ordering process was... nothing). Basically it said send your money here- and that was it. Just doesn't make you feel the best about being sure you'll receive your product. It wasn't until I checked my email today that I was given any idea of how the process worked. It's just a little scary when at the bottom of the screen it says money orders put the buyer at high risk and not to complete the order unless you feel sure the seller will send your product. Since there wasn't any info pertaining to the product being shipped- it made me a little leary. This process just isn't right for me, but I'm sure it works for many others.

Now I'm not sure what happened being new to ecrate.

#1 I thought at check out they would be offered PayPal, Google or Money Order as I have all tied into the listing.

#2 How do I send her an invoice for purchase. Appeared everything had been done at check -out.

#3. What is best way to eliminate losing sales becuase of negative connotations on check-out.

Any help would be greatly appreciated....I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong. Please help. Thanks, Pam
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 2:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
#1 I thought at check out they would be offered PayPal, Google or Money Order as I have all tied into the listing.

They are giving your choices --- do yourself a favor --- click as if you are buying soemthing from yourself. Just dont' pay yourself as that's too weird, lol.
You will learn and see what they see.

Quote:
#2 How do I send her an invoice for purchase. Appeared everything had been done at check -out.

You can email her one. You can go to PayPal and send one, You can go to Google check out and send one. Your choice.

Quote:
#3. What is best way to eliminate losing sales becuase of negative connotations on check-out.

most of the time - it's simply they changed their mind just won't admit that. Nothing you can do. YOU can't change the way ecrater.com works and you certainly can't change buyers, lol.
timelesstreasures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your guidance....it really helped. Went through my own check-out and thought it went pretty smooth...sorry for over reacting, but being new to ecrater I thought for sure I was doing something wrong or didn't have something set up right. Appreciate your speedy response. Pam
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 6:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

So sorry to hear about that, Pam, especially on your first sale! Abandoned carts and sales are just part of ecommerce life. Always good to run through your checkout process as BTM said to make sure things are working ok.

Your FAQs and terms are nicely laid out, apparently the buyer didn't read them (go figger!) You may have even been spared a headache of a buyer for all you know - if she can't read the terms and can't figure out how to pay via credit card even though it's clearly laid out for her, I doubt she read the listing very well, either!

Good luck, bet the next one will be a cinch!
timelesstreasures

PostPosted: Tue Mar 13, 2007 8:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, your words are encouraging. Beginners luck I guess to get the one fly in the ointment. Have developed thick skin on eBay and can get through all the arrows they sling, but I'm still feeling my way here and she through me a loop. Appreciate both of you taking your time to get me on track again as the solution was obvious after you pointed me in the right direction. Thanks alot for taking the time...it's really appreciated. Pam
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe this buyer doesn't have a PayPal or Google account, isn't familiar with them, and only wanted to pay with her credit card? Surely there must be plenty of those buyers out there... Unfortunately, the only solution (without a merchant account) is to try and convince them to use PP or GCO.

Oh, and this issue has been brought up before:

Quote:
It's just a little scary when at the bottom of the screen it says money orders put the buyer at high risk and not to complete the order unless you feel sure the seller will send your product.

I guess eCrater is covering itself by warning the buyer to use their best judgment but that really should be left up to the buyer. PayPal users who don't know how PayPal works (and there are plenty) face the exact same risk as using money orders.
timelesstreasures

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 9:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good point. Is PayPal Pro compatible with eCrater. If so, I will consider opening account to resolve the first problem.

As respects the closing statement I can see eCrater's need for disclaimer, but can't it be put in a less intimidating form. The statement as worded sounds like we are operating under an arm of Craigslist. Wouldn't something like
Quote:
Dealers are independent operators and eCrater does not assume any responsibility for individual transactions, payment fraud, or dealer misrepresnetation.
Wouldn't it be a little less scary for the buyer wanting to put a money order in the mail?
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2007 3:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, that's very true, Poopsheet! Timeless, I quit taking mailed in payments, mainly because they rarely get here lol. That solved that problem, at least for me, but I agree, that warning does sound pretty scary to a potential buyer.

Paypal pro works on any venue or site. That's what I use on my website, the credit card buyers don't see a 'regular' paypal screen, they go directly to checkout and an encrypted payment page, add their info, and get a non-paypal order confirmation. You can take payments by telephone and fax, too, for those who are really hesitant about putting a credit card payment into an online form (you add the CC info manually via the online virtual terminal).

It's $19.95 a month plus processing fees, but competitively speaking against charges for another 'real' merchant account, that's a real deal. Checkout is free but still in infancy, so it's good to have alot of options for the buyer
poopsheet

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2007 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

timelesstreasures wrote:
Quote:
Dealers are independent operators and eCrater does not assume any responsibility for individual transactions, payment fraud, or dealer misrepresnetation.
Wouldn't it be a little less scary for the buyer wanting to put a money order in the mail?

Absolutely. Why not e-mail that suggestion (and wording) to eCrater?
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Mon Mar 19, 2007 1:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes! I agree...the wording is far less ominous than what is now stated.

Quote:
Quote:

I would also like to see a feature: local pick-up/delivery, there must be a few others who may gain from such a feture at check-out.

TCL
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: