eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Help-how to let people know my store?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
e-product

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:08 pm    Post subject: Help-how to let people know my store? Reply with quote

Hello everyone!

Do you have any ideas to let buyers visit my store?how could they find my store easily?

BTW, we're the Laptop and accessaries factory.

Thanks
Antony- e-product
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 10:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are plenty of threads about promoting stores in the discussions on promting your store and selling on ecrater. Read them. You are selling a very high risk item and trust will be your biggest issue when promoting your store. Your being in China is going to be an uphill battle without having the information to convince people that you are honest and dependable seller, such as explaining how your items will ship and how long it takes. You have an extremely boring home page and then basically nothing on your about me and terms page (trust issue).

You also have only 13 listings which for the search engines is like trying to find one particular gnat in the entire country of China -- in search engines that is like nothing to find. You need a store with enough items and inventory and keywords that will draw the search engine's attention.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 10:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe I missed this... but you don't have any name brand laptops.
Great pricing but I have no clue if the laptops you sell are even worth it...
When I buy laptops... sorry but I go thru companies that I know....
Best buy... Sams.... buy.com... microcenter...
You are selling a product that is very difficult to sell when buyers research brands & companies.
acread

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 11:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do these laptops actually have a brand name? If so, at least put that in the title and description of the listings. It would be extremely difficult to find your store by searching the word 'laptop'. There are who knows how many sites that use the word and since your site is quite small and low traffic (at least at this point) it would be very difficult to locate with a very common word like that. So relying on that would not get you far.

Do all the necessary steps like,

Submitting your site url to search engines,

Enriching the text of your listings with the keywords (buzzwords) specific to your product (especially the words others don't usually put in their text if they are selling the same or very similar item. Make your texts unique, personable, interesting, informative),

Add more listings if you can (may not be possible for all sellers, but it helps if your store site is large and constantly growing. Tends to attract search engine interest. If the material is not repetitive and unique it would work even better).

Submitting your site to some popular item searches (eCrater already submits to Google Product Search for you but there are other searches. You may find the mention of the names in this forum. Reading the forum helps a lot.)

Good luck,
acread
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: