eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

received 1st Neg. Feedback!
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
urbancloset

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually have emailed all the buyers that purchased that shirt. I cant tell by the negative which buyer it is. Im just saying, how can I send a replacement etc. if noone contacts me? Every order I sent out says delivered. He just leaves a negative and that is that? Ecrater should not even have a feedback system, especially if a seller cannot defend himself and tell his side of the story.

poopsheet wrote:
Well, true. But my point is why would eCrater be justified in removing the neg if you haven't tried to make certain the buyer actually did get their order?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Feel bad for you. I personally am not too pleased with a feedback system that leaves no way for you to leave feedback in return for the buyer. I received a neutral (my first after close to 1000 positive fb at feebay) because buyer thought they smelled smoke?? Interesting as it was a vinyl purse and especially because we don't smoke. Of course, as I buy from many sources it could be possible and I missed it but as I offer FULL refund if not as described, I feel the neutral is unfair when I was never given even the opportunity to rectify the problem she felt she had.

As I am very customer oriented and would have gladly have refunded the under $10, if there was a problem, I feel this ONE way feedback system is very unfair to sellers.
frontporchdreaming

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Meant to add. I made a picture of a SOLD sign and when I make a sale, I go in and put the sold sign up for about 2 or 3 weeks to give the buyer a chance to still access the item. Hopefully, no one will purchase something that is marked "sold". LOL
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

urbancloset wrote:
Ecrater should not even have a feedback system, especially if a seller cannot defend himself and tell his side of the story.

I agree.

Who knows, eCrater may indeed remove it since you have no way of knowing who the buyer is due to eCrater's own set-up.
watchtowerresearchfoundat

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I also just received a negative feedback.

I sold someone a book and the comment says "The book is good but the printing is too big." So I received a negative because the font in a book was too big.

It's so ridiculous that I want to keep the feedback. I think it says more about the buyer that it does about my product.

Also, I don't mind the feedback arrangement. I just wish that there was some way we could respond to feedback. You know, something that would give us a chance to tell our side of the story.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

watchtowerresearchfoundat wrote:
I sold someone a book and the comment says "The book is good but the printing is too big." So I received a negative because the font in a book was too big.

Ha! Classic...
fireracergirl

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2007 1:10 am    Post subject: any ideas... Reply with quote

POST removed because it was posted and answered in a different thread. BTMC
skincareideas

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

watchtowerresearchfoundat wrote:
So I received a negative because the font in a book was too big.

Unbelievable. Shocked
MIZombie

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is why unless listed specifically as recurring item, items need to be removed once they are sold.

What if you sell a item with a quantity of one 4 times over night? Is this likely? No. However is it possible? Yes. Luckily all the items I list on eCRATER never deplete.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MI Zombie - Maker of Hand Dipped Incense - Do you remember handmade?

www.incense-stick.com
www.nicodemon.info
www.blog.dsquarednetworks.com
breezeauctions

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 1:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That happened to me at Christmas time. I was lucky enough to get a nintendo wii and I put it up for sale on Ecrater. I had two people purchase it the same day it was listed. I could only send it to one of them so the other was mad. That is the flaw with this system. There needs to be some sort of inventory management so this does not happen.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 2:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
That is the flaw with this system

It's NOT a flaw. It's how it is and was meant to be. Stores normally don't have just one of an item.

YES! I agree it's something to work on.

Heck, you should have been using it before the max quantity box was there! That at least helped a little. IMPROVEMENTS take time. Dimitri asked us for our top three suggestions for improvement. One of which has already been done. Now we wait to see what he decides to do next.

But to keep on complaining about the same issues serve no real purpose.
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 4:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do agree with BMTC - eCrater is a 'mall' if you will - therefore - we all own stores. I'd love to have unlimited inventory, but many items - I only have 1 of...

One idea I have been using, but not applied yet across the board - is suggesting I only have '1' of this or ONLY ONE remaining.

Beyond that, I just try to keep a close eye on my store here and also on sales.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

2BOYSandTOYS wrote:
One idea I have been using, but not applied yet across the board - is suggesting I only have '1' of this or ONLY ONE remaining.

That's a great idea, especially with any item that's hot at the moment..
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

poopsheet wrote:
2BOYSandTOYS wrote:

That's a great idea, especially with any item that's hot at the moment..

Thanks Poopsheet - for me, the mind shift of store vs. auction, I had to think like a store. And then, add to that - think like an online store - 24 x 7 x 365. I've shopped for a long while on the web, and I see or have seen notes that suggest - low inventory, inventory risk, etc. So - I figured I'd try it out.

For many of my things I've got more than 1. However, I had someone want to buy 30 of something.... Shocked Confused - I followed up with them, and began sourcing it - and they were kind enough to 'call me off' as they decided to go a different route.

Inventory management, IMO - if right up there with searchability for eCrater. If buyers 'perceive' WE (collectively) don't stock right, or know how to keep/manage inventory - that affects the entire population! Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: