eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello Everyone

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
sisterchristian01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:36 am    Post subject: Hello Everyone Reply with quote

Hi. Welcome to Sister Christian, a store for the woman of any faith that wears skirts and wants to dress modestly on the job. We have scrub skirts and tops and jackets at low prices. These skirts can be worn at any job from the medical field to the waitresses. They are very comfortable-I know I own 4 myself. So if you know of a lady that could use this site direct her this way. Check out my store and let me know what you think. I've already had my first sale. Thank you all and happy shopping! Smile
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome!

You might check your typos
on the About Us page
Quote:
Sister Christian is a Fath based Company

on your terms page
Quote:
Place your order and pay with pay pal,
PayPal is one word not two.

Quote:
If you must use another form of payment

Please read the terms of the ecrater site. Suggesting unsupported forms of payment can get you suspened

If you look at your product listings you will see google ads. I believe this is because your image is too small.
Not to mention your image should show the item for sale not just a color swatch.
sisterchristian01

PostPosted: Tue Dec 14, 2010 12:19 pm    Post subject: Thank you Reply with quote

I will redo those parts you suggested. Any other suggestions will be appreciated.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your photos are way too small and do not enlarge when clicked. This results in you having google ads on your listings and this is not desirable. Fix the photos and the ads will go away.

This listing: remove the - from between the words. Search engines won't recognize the words. You can also add more key words to the title.

http://sisterchristian01.ecrater.com/p/10014427/large-insect-ward-jacket#

I have a problem with you showing swatches of color. As a buyer if I saw your listing in a search I would think you were selling fabric or paper or paint but not associate it with clothing and scrubs. Buyers are notorious for not reading descriptions.

PS welcome to ecrater.
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:

This listing: remove the - from between the words. Search engines won't recognize the words.

http://sisterchristian01.ecrater.com/p/10014427/large-insect-ward-jacket#

Not true according to one of Matt Cutt's blogs, Google's chief engineer. Search engines do recognize this as it is a long-tail keyword. As a matter of fact, many websites even use hyphens (-) in their URLs, domain names and page titles for better Search Engine Optimization.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BUT ... a search in ecrater will never find it

And that's strictly referring to GOOGLE there are tons of search engines that do see it as a string and not as different words

BTW, it's totally different then page names, image names, and domain names.
treasuresofthepast

PostPosted: Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
BUT ... a search in ecrater will never find it

As a matter of fact, eCrater search does find the listing when a searcher types in "Large - Insect Ward - Jacket" or "Large Insect Ward Jacket". With or without the dash (-), eCrater search yields the exact same 2 results which are the OP's listings. FYI, a hyphen or dash (-) is recognized by search engines as a space or separator between keywords.

With dashes: http://www.ecrater.com/search.php?cid=0&keywords=Large+-+Insect+-+Ward+-+Jacket&x=29&y=7

Without dashes: http://www.ecrater.com/search.php?cid=0&keywords=Large+Insect+Ward+Jacket&x=27&y=9

Hey, I didn't mean to bring this up again, but one shouldn't misinform a newbie or anybody by telling them to
Quote:
remove the - from between the words [in their listing's title].Search engines won't recognize the words.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: