eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Not receiving a payment after a sale

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainbowsandsmiles

PostPosted: Fri May 26, 2006 7:23 am    Post subject: Not receiving a payment after a sale Reply with quote

Twice now I've had 2 sales through ecrater where I get the sale notification (Order #1111) but then I do not receive payment following.

How long do I wait until I delete the order and consider it not valid? Do I contact the buyer and ask if they are still interested? Or just delete it?

Does this happen to anyone else often? Most sales from ecrater that I have follow an immediate PayPal payment so I wondered if this is just a rare occurance?

Thanks!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sat May 27, 2006 3:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed this week that PayPal has stop sending notices on web payment like ecrater stores.

So if they say they are paying via PP - see at the bottom of the order. Check PP for the payment. If not paid I ALWAYS immedately send a PayPal invoice.

Quote:
How long do I wait until I delete the order and consider it not valid? Do I contact the buyer and ask if they are still interested? Or just delete it?

I always contact them immediately by phone or by email. If they don't respond I cancel the order. I usually wait 72 hours.

Quote:
Does this happen to anyone else often?
Happens to me about once a week or so.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon May 29, 2006 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah, it'll happen for various reasons -- they didn't mean to select PP, their browser froze up, they realized they don't have the funds...

Sometimes they'll still pay for their order and sometimes they won't..
Misty4m

PostPosted: Sun Jun 11, 2006 1:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I check on my site to see under "More Options -> Oders" to see if someone have odered something.
castlegifts

PostPosted: Mon Jun 12, 2006 6:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have had that happen to me a couple of times on ecrater.
castlegifts

PostPosted: Fri Jul 07, 2006 10:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mad I've had another order with no payment. I even e-mailed the person and they said they didn't use paypal and I directed them to my web site where they could and still no payment. I have had orders here but never a payment. Is that the norm?
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 2:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Is that the norm?

Not for me it isn't. If they don't do PayPal, I usually get a money order.

Have you called them to let them know the order they placed with you is about to expire?
Did you email them an invoice or order confirmation inclding a mailing address to send payment too?

Dont' get me wrong, I get a few orders that don't have a real name, or address or phone, that I know are just someone goofing off. But most of my orders with real info do get paid.
castlegifts

PostPosted: Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, I e-mailed them several times with ways to contact me. Never get replies back. The one that did reply back regarding paypal, I told her she could call me or go to my web site because I can do visa, mastercard or e-check there. They never replied or paid. Crying or Very sad
emptyingthecupboards

PostPosted: Sun Jul 09, 2006 12:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
I noticed this week that PayPal has stop sending notices on web payment like ecrater stores.
I always get an e-mail from PayPal for my eCrater store but it usually is found in my "drafts" or "junk e-mail" folders. Question I don't know, but that's where they are.
thedebbieseraphinashop

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,
Recently I think I've been getting spam orders or something. Should I just delete them or follow up? Cos their details don't make sense.

The order appears like this in my email:

Order No: 13238
Order Date: 2006-07-30/04:06:17

Ship to:
a v
c
d, Arkansas, 45
United States
fe@ki.com

Seller: thedebbieseraphinashop
Blue brooch with 4 beaded bracelets: 1 x 10.00 = 10.00
Sales Tax: 0.00
Shipping: 0.00
Total: 10.00
Payment method: Paypal
Payment details: debbieseraphina@gmail.com
Pay now: https://www.ecrater.com/paypalpay.php?keyid=14991166df373d112617e511ccf487e2
Notes:
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think there's another thread about this too and someone suggested there that it's might be a buyer trying to see what the shipping would be before they actually buy the item(s), which sounds likely.

You could always follow up if you wanted but I'd bet the e-mail addresses are no good...
radarplus

PostPosted: Sun Jul 30, 2006 8:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello,
I've had two orders and no payment. I sent an invoice via paypal and after 14 days I send an email from my account advising that if payment isnt made within anothr 7 days then the order would be cancelled..
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: