eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

is a mystery bag allowed?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
dazzleyourstyle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:30 pm    Post subject: is a mystery bag allowed? Reply with quote

I have a quick question because I have seen people on ebay do this but not here I have a whole bunch of infant girl clothing close to 100 pieces and I know selling the whole lot in one shot especially with the shipping price is unlikely I listed a small lot of 33 but no sales, I was wondering if I could do a mystery grab bag for these items since it will be tedious to list them individually.
Thanks in advance
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I believe it's ok BUT seriously would you buy something from someone you don't know being sold as a mystery?
I know I wouldn't bother.
dazzleyourstyle

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

they actually sold quite well on eBay, as long as you accurately describe what your selling, and give the person a good idea of what they will be receiving people will buy.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

dazzleyourstyle wrote:
they actually sold quite well on eBay, as long as you accurately describe what your selling, and give the person a good idea of what they will be receiving people will buy.

on ebay people are are looking for bargains
in stores people are shopping for specific items.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 9:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it unlikely that a mystery bag will sell if the lot doesn't. I looked at the lot in question and suggest you reshoot the photos in better lighting conditions. Your photos are a little washed out and maybe they come across as faded to potential buyers.

I also questioned your shipping fee. Seems 33 items of baby clothing can go in a flat rate box for less. If not they could go parcel post. If people are looking for budget baby clothing, they will not want to pay premium shipping. $4 might not seem like a lot to most people but people counting pennies will see it as 4 more items.

Don't know how long ago you made this listing. The past month you sort of have to figure people were Christmas shopping and especially in your store that caters to glamor, the baby clothing might be overlooked.

Another thing is that you haven't filled out your home page and probably not the other pages either. Something that gives you credibility.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I, personally, would never buy a mystery lot... BUT it's free to list here & it sure can't hurt. Give it a try & let us know how it works. Right now ANYTHING may help sales Shocked
dazzleyourstyle

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

33 piece of clothing will fit in a large flat rate box which is 14.50 to ship, unless someone wants an overstuffed box which will just look careless.
I will stick with craigslist.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: