eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hidden Items Showing Somewhere!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
LittleRedTreasureBarn

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 6:38 am    Post subject: Hidden Items Showing Somewhere! Reply with quote

I sold a hidden item last night. Oh gosh! This item was previously sold and marked sold and was hidden. I can not figure out where in the world this buyer found the listing. The sale was at least 2 months ago.

I thought I had goofed but upon further checking I found it to in fact be properly marked hidden. When I click on the listing in the "orders" area it says "no such item" or something along those lines.

I assume maybe the problems that have been going on here caused this glitch.

Anyone have an idea about this, or had the same problem? Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dahawaiiankinestore

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's too weird.

I'm sorry I can't help, but I'm sure BTMC will be along shortly to assist you. Smile
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Mar 20, 2007 12:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I have never had that happen or heard of it happening before.

I don't like to keep items hidden more then a month - at most - I usually know if I will get them back and delete them after a month. If I won't get it again, no point in saving it here.

I suggest - if you haven't already - that you use the contact form at www.ecrater.com - bottom right corner click on contact - and make the ecrater.com team aware that this has happened. Include details - like order number, date of sale approx when you hide the item.

I am wondering if it might have been something like someone using a cache page at google to make the purchase. Without any clue as to what the item is, I can only be guessing as I can not research it myself to see if that's even possible.
The ecrater.com is much smarter then I, lol
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 11:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
I am wondering if it might have been something like someone using a cache page at google to make the purchase.

Yeah, probably something weird like that, especially since clicking on the item doesn't bring it up.

But you're positive you don't have a duplicate listing of that item?
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 'silly thought' - if I see something today (I'll pick a seller - say from poopsheet), and bookmark it to buy 'later'....

If it's sold between then and now, and poopsheet 'hides it' - might I as a user that bookmarked it - be able to return and see/buy it?

I was thinking about this last night - and wondered if it were bookmark related vs. cache'd related...

Anyone ever 'tried' or done this?

Erin
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Mar 22, 2007 12:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm..

I think that you might be able to pull up a cached page. However, if it so happened that you'd cleared your cache after the item was hidden the link would probably be no good any more.

But that's probably a perfect explanation -- the buyer bookmarked it and came back to buy it later.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: