eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

suspended store for help

View previous topic :: View next topic  
kexele

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: suspended store for help Reply with quote

i guess my store has been suspended ,later modifications made to my store . contacted ecrater for reactivating my store. but no message since then .i dont know what happened to my store.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Response time from admin depends on how busy they are. I can't tell from what little I can see of your store what is wrong. I suggest you read the terms and conditions of selling on ecrater to determine the problem. You can see your items and will know if you have written in Chinese, used non US$, are selling an illegal product or what. Nothing in your home page, about or terms page raised red flags to me but that is all I can see.

I do have a suggestion for when you get your store back.
You use the word minority in a way that is not normal usage in North American English. Ethnic might be a better word to use for a sub-culture and more recognizable to NA buyers.
kexele

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 4:46 pm    Post subject: thank maggiethehousecat Reply with quote

thank maggiethehousecat for your suggestion helpful for me. your help is very appreciated very much.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:29 pm    Post subject: Re: suspended store for help Reply with quote

kexele wrote:
i guess my store has been suspended ,later modifications made to my store . contacted ecrater for reactivating my store. but no message since then .i dont know what happened to my store.

Start with what eCrater considers "Nonsense Titles". Example "Bracelets".

Your have several of these with that title and nothing else to differentiate one product from the next. This is against eCrater's Terms of Service.

You have 100 spaces in your title field to describe the key features of your product. Use them to your best advantage and search engines will find your products easier.
Expand your descriptions in the body of your listings to include more details about your products; i.e. size, color, length, material it's made of.

Contact eCrater again after you have fixed your listings.

We are all sellers here and do not have access to your product pages.
There may be other problems we can't see.

Good luck resolving this.
ralph
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

Last I knew as long as the title told what was sold it's not considered nonsense, It if just said something like red and blue then it would be nonsense.

I do agree that the more you put in the title the more it benefits the seller BUT that is up to the seller.
AmericanEdge

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Quote:

Last I knew as long as the title told what was sold it's not considered nonsense, It if just said something like red and blue then it would be nonsense.

I do agree that the more you put in the title the more it benefits the seller BUT that is up to the seller.

I stand corrected. I was working on the premise that multiple items with the same title was not allowed.
Example 100's of products in a store titled "Belt" without size or color distinction might appear to eCrater as multiple listing the same product even though each used a different picture or price.

Learn something new every day. Very Happy

A good evening to all.
ralph
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I was working on the premise that multiple items with the same title was not allowed.
Example 100's of products in a store titled "Belt" without size or color distinction might appear to eCrater as multiple listing the same product even though each used a different picture or price.

Like I said ... LAST I KNEW
as long as the title states what is being sold it's ok. It's not good for the seller but it's not against the rules (last I knew).
The seller might run in to google feed issues with 100's of products with the exact same title but again that's the sellers choice.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 11, 2011 7:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I looked at your home page again, I see the photo in the upper right corner is identified only as bag. If you had had more in the title, some of it would have shown below the photo. Therefore I think American Edge is correct in guessing your titles got you in trouble. Also people tend to repeat that one word title as their sole description and for sure that will get you suspended.

Here is what I have suggested to sellers not fluent in English.
Use a bullet form of listing so you don't have to worrry about bad grammar and sentence structure. I will use your tote bag on your home page as an example. And please I am making up the information so it may not be correct.

Title:
Striped shoppers tote bag in red and blue handmade in XXXX province.

Description:
Item: tote bag
Color: red/blue stripe
Size: 10 x 15 inches
Material: 100% cotton
Made in: xxxx province (here is where you put the ethnic region of China)
Handmade: Yes
Condition: Brand new

Feature: lined, cell phone pocket
Other: anything of interest that might help sell your items. Buyers like stories, especially when they are buying an ethnic or foreign made product.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: