eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Yay!!! setup domain!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bargainsoftware

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Yay!!! setup domain! Reply with quote

My website is complete apart from afew missing products but i set it up with my new domain - have a look!!! http://bargainsoftwarenet.com/

thanks!!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Confused How did you duplicate the entire look and function of eCrater on your outside website? Sad Rolling Eyes Shocked I don't think that is Kosher. Confused
Quote:
My website is complete apart from afew missing products but i set it up with my new domain - have a look!!! http://bargainsoftwarenet.com/

thanks!!!

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TheCookieLadyCafe wrote:
Confused How did you duplicate the entire look and function of eCrater on your outside website? Sad Rolling Eyes Shocked I don't think that is Kosher. Confused
Quote:

thanks!!!

It's not duplicated. They just MASKED they domain name. Completely kosher to do.

HOWEVER, it does cause MAJOR problems when someone buys and tryies to pay using PayPal - it won't allow them to. Because the URL isn't recognized by PayPal in the order processing stage.

MASKING a domain name is NOT reccommend!
wahm922

PostPosted: Fri Mar 23, 2007 8:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Better to just FW your domain to eCrater - does the same thing but without the added problems Wink
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You want to be very careful with domain forwarding, too. Google and Yahoo seem to do pick up and be happy with a straight 301 (permanent) redirect, but MSN seems to have a problem with them. Trust me, I learned the hard way, all my backlinks went bye bye for a while on MSN, which used to be where I got most of my traffic and sales Sad

I understand that you're trying to keep the traffic in your store only, but it is a gamble, especially running redirects on what looks like a new domain registration - yikes, not a gamble I'd take!
bargainsoftware

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
TheCookieLadyCafe wrote:
Quote:

thanks!!!

It's not duplicated. They just MASKED they domain name. Completely kosher to do.

HOWEVER, it does cause MAJOR problems when someone buys and tryies to pay using PayPal - it won't allow them to. Because the URL isn't recognized by PayPal in the order processing stage.

MASKING a domain name is NOT reccommend!

The paypal link does work, i just tried it.
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sure it's there --- all looks find -- just wait until a buyer goes to pay --- PayPal won't work.
Trust me. I have read about it over and over again on this forum. BUt if you want to leave it - that's your business.

Another issue - you customers can not book mark items --- because the URL never changes. So they can't save the item they want to come back to.

But hey, what do I know - only been here hang out forever.
bargainsoftware

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How do i fix it then?
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 8:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to have Paypal Pro if you want to mask your domain and accept Paypal payments, won't work with a Paypal Standard account, even if it is business/premier.

Hmm, I was able to "Add to Favorites" and bookmark the categories and products...?
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2007 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bargainsoftware wrote:
How do i fix it then?

Forward the domain name do not Mask it
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 12:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels wrote:
Hmm, I was able to "Add to Favorites" and bookmark the categories and products...?

I bookmarked an item page in Firefox, went back to the bookmark and it took me to the front page of the store.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weird...I use IE newest edition, whichever one we are on now LOL...bookmarked Editing & Professional category, and the bookmark took me right back to that category!
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 12:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

eleganzajewels - did you click the www icon? or the link http://bargainsoftwarenet.com/

I use IE6 and clicked on the link web address http://bargainsoftwarenet.com/ which is masking the ecrater.com store and when I add to favorites I go back to the home page NOT to the item I saved.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2007 4:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ahhhhhh, yes, I went to the www site, sorry to confuse things!! Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: