eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Am I the only seller who loses things?
Goto page Previous  1, 2

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TyreeTrading

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 5:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maggie, the file box is in a 'safe' place. I put non-inventory stuff in a 'safe' place all the time. It remains safe forever.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wilbere

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As my inventory grew, I added a column in my Excel database to make a note of where each item is stored. It works, but when something sells and frees up space, and I get the urge to re-organize things, I have to go back and update the database for the things that I moved.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh so not alone!
The panic, the frustration, the sweat, the relief when finally found, and the kicking self in the butt for not marking a box or moving something thinking I will remember where that is! Embarassed
Thankfully, only a couple of times haven't found the missing item.
Now if I could just find the really fine jewelry and gemstones I hid 2 years ago, that would be wonderful Crying or Very sad
SnM4Entertainment

PostPosted: Fri Feb 04, 2011 12:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yup thats what happens to me when ever I put something in a "good place"...I forget where that good place was...It always turn up right after i refund the buyer...Go figure.LOL.
Kaylyns

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 6:07 am    Post subject: Items you can't find Reply with quote

Happens to me to!!

Sometimes I have help though. And believe me I don't need one bit of help when it comes to NOT remembering where an item is.

I sold a book a couple years ago. I had made up my mind all the books would be on the shelves in a closet. Never have to worry about a book again. Such a relief, thank goodness!

I can't find the book. I look for two days. I'm going to need to refund the buyer. It's driving me totally up the wall. I was talking to my daughter on the phone and mentioned the book I couldn't find. She says "Mom, it's at my house" I asked her how on earth? She said her older brother one day when she had stopped in had told her there was a good book she might like to read and he loaned it to her.

Everyone has been told: DON'T touch any of the shelves or labeled boxes. If you do TELL me. Everyone forgets! LOL

Mailed the book and all ended well.

I got long winded here. Maybe some of you also have some unwanted help with your inventory. LOL
ArgonEmpire

PostPosted: Tue Feb 08, 2011 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Since most of our inventory is displayed in our home museum or office we never have a problem finding things...

Finding the original shipping boxes in the attic is another issue!

But we have a low inventory since our store is more of a hobby. We use the money from sales to buy more props, costumes and toys to add to our collection/inventory Cool
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: