eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Will I ever get a sale?
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
GoodIntentions

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 2:24 pm    Post subject: Will I ever get a sale? Reply with quote

I have had my store for awhile now. I update it. check it a lot and not one sale yet. How can I attract people there? I do have a face book page.

http://goodintentions.ecrater.com/

Have any ideas please help....
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 3:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I see exactly why you have no sales.

You sell greeting cards but you don't say so in your titles or your descriptions. Only people who will know that are those who enter your store by the front door i.e. you home page.

The problem is that most people never see your home page. They find you via a search engine that takes them directly to an item page. Then they see a decorative square and a couple of lines about the size. But without the words "handmade greeting card" in the title they will never ever find your cards.

Ecrater allows 100 spaces in the title line and unlimited space in the descrption area. Use them. Tell the story of the inspiration behind each card, if it is blank or has a message, recommended uses for it, and anything else important about your cards. You can't just post something on the internet. You have to verbally sell your merchandise. People can't pick it up and ponder online items. You have to sell it to them with how you describe it.

You do not give sizes, or kind of paper you use or any other details. People going to the expense of a handmade card want to know they are getting a quality item and not photo copy paper.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I have had my store for awhile now

How long is a while?

Your titles are .... well .... worthless

Tell me does
Pastel Hearts
tell you or anyone else what it is you have for sale?
The description ...
Design on outside
1 envelope
Blank on inside

That don't tell what it is you are selling either.

THINK If you went to google and wanted to find products like you sell ... what are the words you would search for?
In this example I'm think at least you should have Valentines Day Card in the title and description.
What about the size .. you never tell
it is white inside?
is the envelope white?
You never even talk about the colors.
Imagine the picture not there when you describe it

Your logo ... needs help. I can't read it at all.

Terms
I generally ship USPS Priority mail
hhhmmm for a $3.50 card with $1 shipping? Really?? Priority Mail???

Describe the item as if you are describing it to a blind person that can not feel it.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 4:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I very much agree with the other two posters. You might also want to check your spelling and use of the the word there vs. their.

Do you Know how much priority mail costs? You can't claim to mail most items by Priority mail and then charge $1 for shipping since Priority mail costs around $5 for the cheapest flat rate.

On your 'baby' cards, what size are they? Are they allowed to be mailed or are they too small? Your customers need to know this before purchase a card that they think they can mail only to be told it is too small.

On your about us or terms page, you have a list of prices but no dollar sign or are you charging via GBP, Euros or what?

Also along with your lack of decent titles, you don't have very many things for sale. Less than 100 it looks like. In internet terms, trying to find your store is like trying to find a fly speck on planet earth from the space shuttle. You need products to show up and nothing you have done for your listings will help you show up. You could have an awesome amount of cards for sale since you make them yourself, plus you need great titles.

You say you update frequently and have a facebook page, but what do you do to promote your store?
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Thu Feb 17, 2011 10:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maggie, BT and moon..you are awesome!
hope the OP comes back and takes the advice.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 7:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

PegsBUTTONS, my 1rst sale took a month. I agree with the other members. The description are very weak. If you are selling post cards you are forgetting the most important spec about cards, the size.

I was reading the "Terms of service", MoonwishesStore is right there is some contradictory info with price and shipping method. I also need to ask, do you know how much cost USPS Priority Mail?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OP, you've been given excellent advice by the above postings. I noticed a couple of other points I wanted to mention. In your baby category, you may have customers try to order the baby booties. (Moonwishes had folks try to place orders for choir robes and her store is REAL clear she only sells sewing patterns ... not the completed item.) You have to make sure your words, both in the titles and description, leave no doubt as to what you are selling.

The second point is your use of a cartoon character. If you don't have legal authorization to use the character on the cards, you could have your store suspended from eCrater. OR you could have trademark owner contacting you with legal papers for copyright/trademark violation. If you have legally licensed the character to use on the cards, great, if not you should remove them as soon as possible.
likesthejewels

PostPosted: Fri Feb 18, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Other info that might be interesting....Do you make the cards yourself?
GoodIntentions

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: wow great advice thanks Reply with quote

Thank you for all you advice, just a few questions
I do not understand the person talking about cartoon characters as I have none.
As far as shipping are you saying its not enough 1 card?
I will change the descriptions, I did not think I had all had to be said as I have it on the websight. as for the titles to be more interesting there as interesting as anyone's elses I have seen.
Thanks for all the tips
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

LOL, have you looked in your store?
Here's one
http://goodintentions.ecrater.com/p/9714185/paint-drops-of-snoopy
here's another
http://goodintentions.ecrater.com/p/9714178/snoopys-all-around
another
http://goodintentions.ecrater.com/p/9714191/watersplash-snoopys
and yes there are more

Quote:

NOT if you are shippign priority mail like you say you are. MINIMUM for priority mail COST is $4.75

Quote:
I will change the descriptions, I did not think I had all had to be said as I have it on the websight. as for the titles to be more interesting there as interesting as anyone's elses I have seen.

It's all about KEYWORDS. You need them EVERY WHERE - in the category, in the title, in the description.
Different searchs look in different places so you need them everywhere!
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 5:14 pm    Post subject: Re: wow great advice thanks Reply with quote

GoodIntentions wrote:

I do see Snoopy; don't know if that's the one referenced or not.
Quote:

I think the confusion is that $1.00 is probably plenty for shipping one card. But in your terms you say that you ship by Priority Mail and you can't do that for $1.00. If you just ship First Class in an envelope, then you could just remove the reference to Priority Mail and it would all match.

Of course, if someone buys 12 cards, you might want to use Priority Mail for the parcel. I don't know if your sales tend to be singles or multiples.

Good luck! Very Happy
Becky

Edited to add - Talk about timing!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
as for the titles to be more interesting there as interesting as anyone's elses I have seen.

Does it really matter what other's titles are like? You asked for advice and we gave it. Your titles aren't going to get you anything and neither would anyone else's if they are like yours. We aren't advising writing the great American novel as a listing title, but you HAVE to have a title that describes what you are selling and then REPEAT that info in your actual listing with even more complete information. You are allowed 100 characters in a title--use them! Titles don't have to be particulary interesting, they just have to tell a potential buyer at a glance what you are selling and since you are selling cards, writing a listing title as 'Baby Booties' doesn't cut it.
GoodIntentions

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those are my pictures of confetti of the character snoopy. how is that using someone elses picture. why would i need a copyurighht for that???>
GoodIntentions

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:05 pm    Post subject: Shipping oh now I see Reply with quote

Smile I see i need to make it not priorty then because I see your all correct there. Thank you again I did aDD MORE..
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Feb 19, 2011 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

GoodIntentions wrote:
Those are my pictures of confetti of the character snoopy. how is that using someone elses picture. why would i need a copyurighht for that???>

You need to ask a lawyer as it's your butt that will be sued not anyone else in this forum.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: