eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hit Counts in Admin Tool Revision
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 2:30 am    Post subject: Hit Counts in Admin Tool Revision Reply with quote

We have revised the method that hits are detected on products. The hits from the crawlers of major search engine like Google, Bing and Yahoo are now excluded. This may result in a decrease in counts of the product hits displayed in the admin tool for the store. This is normal behavior with the crawlers hits being excluded.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 8:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you. Eliminating the hits from the crawlers will result in a much more honest indication of how many potential customers I have.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Knew something had changed since most of my products have barely made it to the double digits this month.
Would be nice to have a heads up instead of wondering what's up but nice to know now.
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks admin. Can we get the ability back to organize the hits from high to low again.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Periwinkles wrote:
Thanks admin. Can we get the ability back to organize the hits from high to low again.

I'd love that too!

No way to see zero hit items as it is right now.
elpereles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I will be less confuse see more than 50 views in more than 300 items and just see 300 visits in GA.
jddancingjewelry

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: hit counts in admin tool revision Reply with quote

As a computer semi illiterate user I am always in the dark about something or other. Can someone explain what the crawler hits are, whether they are bad or good or whatever. I also went from hundreds of hits to just a handful.
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Re: hit counts in admin tool revision Reply with quote

jddancingjewelry wrote:
As a computer semi illiterate user I am always in the dark about something or other. Can someone explain what the crawler hits are, whether they are bad or good or whatever. I also went from hundreds of hits to just a handful.

simplist terms I can put it ...
crawler hits = the search engines looking at your listing
it's a good thing, without them your listings aren't seen in search engines
patternstash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My hits have dropped from the teens, twenties and thirties to zero, 1 and 2. Can there really be that many web crawlers making the difference?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 12:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patternstash wrote:
My hits have dropped from the teens, twenties and thirties to zero, 1 and 2. Can there really be that many web crawlers making the difference?

Yes. most crawlers crawl every time they find a link to your sire or item on the internet.
patternstash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that info. I'm puzzled by a sharp dropoff in sales as well. Is there something else going on?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patternstash wrote:
Thanks for that info. I'm puzzled by a sharp dropoff in sales as well. Is there something else going on?

crawlers crawl from every link you have on the net. that could be thousands of times a day.
No longer counting them will make a huge impact if you have many links at there.
antiques-collectibles

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm guessing it has little to do with how hits are counted, but I too have experienced an unprecedented drop in actual sales. My hit count has gone up recently as I continue to promote, but actual sales aren't happening. I also noticed google.co.uk now has my stuff listed, although I do not ship outside the USA. Too bad, my stuff may be gathering hits for ecrater but it is useless to me.
patternstash

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for sharing your experience. For my shop the dropoff in sales is dramatic. So far this month, 1 sale. It seems like my patterns are invisible. If there's no change, I might have to close the shop.
vintagecornerstore

PostPosted: Mon Feb 21, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It seems this is happening on every site. Just about any board you go to, sellers are complaining that this is the slowest month they've ever incurred, and similar statements.

It looks like the buyers are just hanging onto their cash this month, for the most part.

I've had about my average number of orders, but the $ amount per order is definitely lower.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: