eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

major problem causes downtime

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ecrater
forum admin

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: major problem causes downtime Reply with quote

The datacenter where we are hosting experienced power issues. As a results 2 of our servers were damaged causing downtime from approximately 2.00am - 7.40am PDT time.

We temporary disabled the other products from the same seller feature until we rebuild our servers. ETA is 1-2 days.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
shiningstarsmusic

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2011 7:07 pm    Post subject: system down question. Reply with quote

I sold an item while the (Ecrater) system was down (filled through Google checkout as usual). Now on ecrater it is still waiting for me to charge the item. I don't want to charge it a second time. Is there something you need to do to take care of this or should I ignore it?
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If your order has been paid for, go ahead and send it. The only thing that will make a difference, I think, is you may not be able to receive feedback from the buyer. But no feedback isn't worth the hassle to try to cancel an order just to recharge it. Generally you can mark orders as paid when you open them up.
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 7:15 am    Post subject: Re: system down question. Reply with quote

shiningstarsmusic wrote:
I sold an item while the (Ecrater) system was down (filled through Google checkout as usual). Now on ecrater it is still waiting for me to charge the item. I don't want to charge it a second time. Is there something you need to do to take care of this or should I ignore it?

There is a place to click that will mark it as "paid"
shiningstarsmusic

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 10:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the responses. The item was charged, shipped and archived on Google checkout. I think that since Ecrater was down at the time it did not receive that info from Google check out. Now the only choices are to delete, cancel, or charge. I think I'll be o.k. ignoring it. Thanks.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

shiningstarsmusic wrote:
Thanks for the responses. The item was charged, shipped and archived on Google checkout. I think that since Ecrater was down at the time it did not receive that info from Google check out. Now the only choices are to delete, cancel, or charge. I think I'll be o.k. ignoring it. Thanks.

yep, ignore it ... that's what I would do
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had a weird one - a lady purchased an item from two of my stores. I received notice on one but not on the other one. Luckily I caught it before I sent just one of them.
tengatango

PostPosted: Sat Feb 26, 2011 7:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Periwinkles wrote:
I had a weird one - a lady purchased an item from two of my stores. I received notice on one but not on the other one. Luckily I caught it before I sent just one of them.

we almost made the same mistake.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: