eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone have a Facebook page?
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 49, 50, 51  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Rusty, I think I'll try that as there is no purpose to trying to highlight a product when all anyone sees is a picture of me and hubby!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wilbere

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 7:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Alondra's Books for Children, Colorful Fun and Birdcage Records:

Just made your your Facebook pages favorites. Come visit mine when you have a chance!

Thanks!
http://tinyurl.com/4e9qhbr
RustyFarmall

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Thanks Rusty, I think I'll try that as there is no purpose to trying to highlight a product when all anyone sees is a picture of me and hubby!

Exactly. I also found out that just clicking the facebook icon in the listing will put that listing on my general facebook account, which is O.K. I guess, but I really don't think all my facebook friends appreciate having all those ads thrown right into their faces.

The only way I have found to get those ads on my "page" is to do the copy and paste thing.
thewrightbiz

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 10:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyFarmall wrote:
MoonwishesStore wrote:

Exactly. I also found out that just clicking the facebook icon in the listing will put that listing on my general facebook account, which is O.K. I guess, but I really don't think all my facebook friends appreciate having all those ads thrown right into their faces.

The only way I have found to get those ads on my "page" is to do the copy and paste thing.

Would anyone know if you're in Facebook -- do you have to accept friends or can you turn it off? I don't want FB friends in the store section (should I set up one).
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I don't want FB friends in the store section (should I set up one).

Why ever not? They would have to sign up to 'like' a page which means they have interest in it, but you can't actually stop anyone in particular from liking a page including another seller that advertises on your page. Your actual friends may never find your page if you only open a business page, but then again they might. It depends on how agressively they are looking for you. But in the long run, NO you can't stop friends or anyone from visiting your page.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 12:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

I think I finally figured out what was wrong. Everytime I tried to link something I get this question popping up about pasting from the clipboard and security stuff which I ansered 'yes' to. To get your pictures to appear, you have to answer 'no'. Found this out while doing my Monday Mayhem.
mdjewelcrafting

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 3:09 pm    Post subject: Fan MD Jewelcrafting on Facebook! Reply with quote

http://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/pages/MD-Jewelcrafting/203055509708791

That's my fanpage on facebook!
Have a wonderful day!
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RustyFarmall wrote:
MoonwishesStore wrote:

I have read through this WHOLE thread trying to figure out HOW, if possible, can I get my listings to appear on my fan page and not my personal page?
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 4:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Facebook page.....I will be liking all that are listed in this thread.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Jigsaw-Puzzle-Palooza/136727976396188

I have liked every page in this thread (at least those that worked)

Last edited by jigsaw-puzzle-palooza on Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:49 pm; edited 1 time in total
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Mar 14, 2011 6:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have to GO to your business page and in the subject line write what you are going to say and click on the 'link' and add in the url to the item. Any time you click on a FB button anywhere on the net you will have the info pasted to your personal page, not your business one. The business one is always a case of going to it and adding things in manually so if you see something neat that would add content to your business page you will have to manually carry the url to that page.

Just a reminder that FB wasn't meant to be a selling venue but a way for college kids to get together. That is why it is called a 'social' network. Then businesses were allowed to ad pages, but that wasn't the original intent of the site. Just mentioning this before someone starts complaining about FB not being business friendly. You have to know what was behind FB to start with. A bunch of drunk but brilliant college boys! Very Happy
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow.....I went through this whole thread last night and liked everyone (at least the links that worked). I was checking the pages "like" count to make sure as I liked them the count increased by 1. Now today on MY page I am only liking 3 pages (3 I just liked moments ago). What am I doing wrong?

I am now going through the list again and as I "like" each page the "like" counters are not increasing. So........does that mean I have already "liked" them? If so why does MY page not say I'm liking anyone......LOL
phleppstreasurechest

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do!! I do!! (Have a Facebook page, that is).
(Raises hand high in air, waving).
Care to join me?
I am looking for a few more good friends.
I have vintage and modern paper collectibles, Avon products (just getting started), vintage and new horse tack, and vintage toys and gift items.
A little something for everyone.
http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=668741319
Razz Laughing Very Happy Wink
lindasfindsanddesigns

PostPosted: Tue Mar 15, 2011 9:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just friended you Phlepps.

Mine is http://www.facebook.com/lynnechandler63?ref=profile&v=info#!/lynnechandler63?sk=info
wilbere

PostPosted: Thu Mar 17, 2011 12:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Happy St. Patrick's Day everybody!

If you have a facebook business page, you're welcome to post a link to it as a reply to a discussion that I started on mine to promote business pages: http://tinyurl.com/476kkc7

Just a way to add one more link to promote your business page. If you do "like" my facebook while you're at it, and I need 7 more to get a not-so-long url, I'll be happy to return the compliment by fav'ing your business page.

I think I've gotten to everyone in this link above that I could find.
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Sat Mar 19, 2011 7:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My page is http://facebook.com/NewEraTradingPost

Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 28, 29, 30 ... 49, 50, 51  Next
Page 29 of 51

Jump to: