eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

susbaker@nuvox.net AGAIN Spamming
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:40 pm    Post subject: susbaker@nuvox.net AGAIN Spamming Reply with quote

OH MY! OH MY!
I can't believe I didn't pay attention

I got an email on one of my stores using ask a seller a question

Says ...

Buyer: Roxie Baker

Hi!Im interested in buying (insert title here) let me know when you get this e-mail thanks!

susbaker@nuvox.net

I didn't even pay attention to who it was from, thought it was a weird email but thought well maybe they purchased before from a DEAD store so I replied saying I got your email.
Then I got another email saying OK, I will order later.

NOW I got the SAME EMAIL on another store, completly different niche.
And I said to my self ... CRAP .. Susan Baker is back!

SO be smart ... don't answer this email.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got several orders placed from her yesterday and ignored, however, today I got an email from her stating she wanted two of the 6 items she ordered and is sending me a money order and to let her know when I get it. Not holding my breath Laughing
What do I do if I do get the money order Confused
antiques-collectibles

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I was a kid we were told to deal with things like this by putting them in the "round file." I believe today everyone uses a shredder.
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 7:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF wrote:
I got several orders placed from her yesterday and ignored, however, today I got an email from her stating she wanted two of the 6 items she ordered and is sending me a money order and to let her know when I get it. Not holding my breath Laughing
What do I do if I do get the money order Confused

If you get the MO you will be the first.
victorianrose

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2011 9:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Susan Baker has ordered from me before. She says she does not have a credit card. She sent me a money order on 2 Ty Attic Treasure Bears. I don't normally take money orders or any pymts thru the mail. But she emailed me enough times to convince me. This was about Nov. 2010. I told her I would only accept a P.O. Money order and she complied.

Since that time, she has emailed me a few times on other items, but claims she does not have the funds. She's a Character alright. Laughing
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think we tend to forget that there are homeless people who sit in the public libraries to keep warm and use public computers. Maybe the only lives they have are virtual, planning and buying, dressing and furnishing in a pretend world. They know they can't pay for it but consider it no harm done to escape cold reality for a little while.

60 Minutes had a chilling account of homeless children in Florida tonight.
victorianrose

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 1:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I seen the Dateline episode on homeless teens in Florida. It's extremely sad. I am not sure about Susan?? But she did follow thru with her purchase the one time.
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Mar 07, 2011 10:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for the heads up on Susan.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2011 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looking back this is actually the second order I have received that was "paid" for, yes paid, by Roxie Baker. Susan may be her mother and she does tend to "order" several items but only pay for some.
Doesn't bother me, no different than the dozens of others I get that never pay and if/when she pays they have been good. Laughing
justask

PostPosted: Thu Mar 24, 2011 3:58 pm    Post subject: She's Back! Sus Baker Questions Reply with quote

Wow... I couldn't believe that "Sus" was back and finally, and thankfully ignored me! But today I received an e-mail from her that reads:
Quote:
Hi I am looking for the item that im interested in buying at Just Ask Ecrater Internet Store can you help me please thanks for your help!

What made this interesting is that the e-mail question didn't come through eCrater but rather an e-mail account that I set up to answer eCrater questions.

A great reminder to IGNORE Sus Baker.
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Fri Mar 25, 2011 5:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, you all can ignore her and/or send her to me. She may be a pain but she does buy and I got a very nice email thanking me and promising to buy more.
I think it's like another poster said, just an older person, probably not clear on how online shopping works. Wink
jigsaw-puzzle-palooza

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 11:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

LOL......I received an order yesterday (will pay by money order). I just noticed today that it is this same person. They ordered from me before and never paid. Let's see what happens this time. Not holding my breath......
SUPERPLUSHNSTUFF

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got some emails from Roxie Baker again (Susan Baker relative?) and no payment for several orders. However, have now received two payments for two items purchased for her. She's hit and miss but I think she's purchased about 6 items from me now. I kinda feel for her. I try to tell myself I should treat all (and I'm assuming) older, maybe confused customers like they are my mother, who has vascular dementia. I just leave the orders up, since they are not paid no inventory is hidden so no harm done, and if I get payment I'm happy.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never had dealings with said Baker, but I have in the past had dealings with people who were probably schizophrenic off their meds. They were so off and on again. Always very nice and pleasant but sometimes following through and other times not.

My favorite was a man who bought a Waterford double rocks glass from me and paid via PP. Before I had even boxed it up, he paid again. I refunded him and sent a reminder that he had already paid. I mailed the glass. Meanwhile I had several more payments from him all of which I refunded with a note that he had paid. Finally I sent him a note asking him not to pay again, that he had paid and had by then received the glass. He responded that he had memory problems sometimes. I had a feeling he had also been drinking his scotch straight from the bottle.

I used to have a friend who was bi-polar and often stopped her meds. When she was in her manic phase she shopped--like crazy. And she bought things she would never use. Once she showed up at my door absolutely dancing because she had just found a jewelry store going out of business and I just had to see what she had purchased. It was 20-25 rings (not costume jewelry) and she thought they were just wonderful. We lost touch a few years later and she was still paying for those rings.

I offer this because there is a big difference between scammers and people who mean well but have problems. They should not be painted with the same paint brush.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2012 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jigsaw-puzzle-palooza wrote:
LOL......I received an order yesterday (will pay by money order). I just noticed today that it is this same person. They ordered from me before and never paid. Let's see what happens this time. Not holding my breath......

SOMETIMES she does pay.
I have had a few PAID orders from her.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: