eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

eCRATER launches in United Kingdom
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
View previous topic :: View next topic  
peggybob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtcollectibles wrote:
One of the terms for selling on Ecrater has always been that the seller would ship throughout the US. Of course, originally it was only ecrater.com and it was way before the UK stores came along recently. My assumption is that you still have to agree to those terms since that is still stated in the terms. I can see how the issue looks from the UK perspective; many sellers here in the US want to ship only within the US and not go international and you're in the same situation, just from the other end.

I would contact Ecrater at http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php to find out for sure, and then please come back and let us know for others who may be wondering.

Becky

Hi there,
Thank you for your comments. When I was told that a UK store was in the pipeline for the future I thought it would be for people like myself but first impressions suggest that it is more for US store holders to sell in the UK?
I will contact ecrater.
Thanks again
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
peggybob

PostPosted: Tue Apr 19, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinabluelady wrote:
funny - we were typing at the same time. So the rule hasn't changed if you can't uncheck them.

Lol
Well thanks anyway Smile

And no the rule hasn't changed.....
peggybob

PostPosted: Thu Apr 21, 2011 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtcollectibles wrote:
One of the terms for selling on Ecrater has always been that the seller would ship throughout the US. Of course, originally it was only ecrater.com and it was way before the UK stores came along recently. My assumption is that you still have to agree to those terms since that is still stated in the terms. I can see how the issue looks from the UK perspective; many sellers here in the US want to ship only within the US and not go international and you're in the same situation, just from the other end.

I would contact Ecrater at http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php to find out for sure, and then please come back and let us know for others who may be wondering.

Becky

Well wtcollectibles you were absolutely right!
I got a reply and was quoted those terms

"The sellers must be able to ship throughout the United States."

I have always been a promoter of ecrater as a brilliant choice for a free store and I still believe it is if you live in the US but to bring out a new domain for the UK and not create it to allow someone from the UK to use it is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard of.

I have waited 4 years on a promise of a UK store and I obviously waited for nothing.
peggybob

PostPosted: Sun Jun 12, 2011 7:59 pm    Post subject: Are we there yet :) Reply with quote

After posting on the community board I did write to ecrater and someone from the team replied and told me that they were working on a standalone store for the UK Laughing , so if anyone from the team reads this I just wanted to ask how is this progressing and do you have any idea when it might be rolled out?
Thank you
bigtonito

PostPosted: Fri Jun 17, 2011 6:32 pm    Post subject: How can i set up the UK GOOGLE CHECKOUT ACCOUNT?? Reply with quote

I would like to know how can i set up a uk google checkout account???

Please note i only have an usa account and im in usa...

thanks in advance !!!!!
surknights-emporium

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I would like to know how can i set up a uk google checkout account???

Please note i only have an usa account and im in usa...

thanks in advance !!!!!

You can't, basically. Not unless you have a street address in the UK, anyway.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 7:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pretty much all of us using the UK site are taking our payments through PP. I even dropped my MO option for those in the US as UK buyers would click on that and I had to write and remind them that the MO had to come in US dollars. I never got any MO from them and ended up with a lot of 'pending' orders so I dropped the option. I've only had about 3-4 MO anyway since I've been here and if a US customer asked if they could send one, then I would allow them, but I can't afford the cost of cashing a foreign MO.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes there doesn't seem to be a way to change one site without changing the other. Would be nice. I'm torn on whether to eliminate the money order/cashiers check option. Usually we email them our U.S. site address to pay with GCO. That's worked one time. Most of the time it's as you said, pending and remains so. I don't know if these people are trying to pull one over with a bad cashiers check or they just don't trust getting another link or what. Still there's the chance someone might actually come through with a money order payment. *Sigh* This would be SO much easier if GCO were made available at the Uk site! *Denny unsticks the record*
elisia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 3:27 am    Post subject: Google Checkout via UK is now working-help! Reply with quote

I love my UK sales, but just came across a new issue and hoping someone can confirm things have changed.

My matrix is set up for ounces, not pounds. When an item weighs over a pound, I state the shipping will need to be calculated if outside the USA

It has always been that we do not have UK Google Checkout. Guess what? I received a purchase for one of those over one pound items (it shows as $0 in the listing) via Google Checkout.

Is this going to be ongoing? If so, how do I cut off UK's Google checkout?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
Pretty much all of us using the UK site are taking our payments through PP.

That is probably the largest reason why I have not opened the UK store side. To accept GBP via PP, I would have to drop the 'confirmed address only' option. That would leave me exposed to questionable PP payments in the US. I'm still trying to envision a solution that would accomplish both, but have not figured one out yet.
elisia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Pretty much all of us using the UK site are taking our payments through PP.

I guess I've molded my ecrater store to my liking: Offering paypal and fully accepting Google checkout. Most customers don't mind GC, some would prefer anything but pp. I like to provide pp for those who like it but invoice them. One pp account is more expensive to me than the other so will try to use the latter when I can.

Again, I had a payment come through Google Checkout from a UK buyer. Is there anything new there?

A super way to handle this matrix thing would be to offer the seller a dual matrix ... one for under 1 lb, the other for over one pound shipping weight. Most of my items weigh under 1 lb which why I have elected this in my matrix. Is it horrible to think I am losing buyers because I have to list the most it will cost depending where you live in the US and hope the buyer reads the blurb in the listing? You bet. Would I like to see this option? Heck yeah. It would make the site much more user friendly, I believe.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elisia wrote:
Again, I had a payment come through Google Checkout from a UK buyer. Is there anything new there?

Did the payment arrive as USD or GBP ?
elisia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It arrived USD.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

elisia wrote:
It arrived USD.

That is what I suspected. To actually sell to UK buyers, via the eCrater UK store, you have to accept payment in GBP. Currently, Google Checkout requires you to have a GBP capable back account

I asked several local banks this morning and they both gave me blank looks when I mentioned GBP. Other than large money center banks in large US cities, very few would be able to handle a GBP based account.

The other path is PayPal, which I mentioned up thread why I have an issue with that.
elisia

PostPosted: Thu Jun 23, 2011 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just a little concerned. As the customers in UK see my site, there should be no option to check out....at least there has never been before yesterday. I do not have Google checkout offered there, as it can not be...I do not have a bank that accepts it.

Google accepted the funds, however....for the first time ever. I have sold to other UK buyers in the past without issue.

So, has ecrater or has Google checkout done something different?

I suppose this can be answered by others accepting Google Checkout AND are selling through Ecrater UK from the States. AND if they have made a sale recently in the UK
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> News & System Status
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14

Jump to: