eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Exemption Refused
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 4:05 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Exemption Refused Reply with quote

SheilaDeesPostcards wrote:
Check the chart here.

and I have a question about one entry in that chart. Where it talks about items that have multiple UPCs, it says ...
Quote:
Multiple UPCs: For products which have more than one valid UPC, such as a global UPC and a UPC which is specific to a merchant or distributor, please provide all applicable UPCs in the UPC attribute. For Text/Tab-delimited format, separate multiple UPCs by a comma and space. For XML format, include a <GTIN> attribute at the item level for each additional UPC.

I do have a few items where I am selling multiple LEGO sets on one listing. It would be good to put all the UPC numbers in the attribute. Which format is eCrater using for the feed ?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Exemption Refused Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
Check the chart here.

and I have a question about one entry in that chart. Where it talks about items that have multiple UPCs, it says ...
Quote:
Multiple UPCs: For products which have more than one valid UPC, such as a global UPC and a UPC which is specific to a merchant or distributor, please provide all applicable UPCs in the UPC attribute. For Text/Tab-delimited format, separate multiple UPCs by a comma and space. For XML format, include a <GTIN> attribute at the item level for each additional UPC.

I do have a few items where I am selling multiple LEGO sets on one listing. It would be good to put all the UPC numbers in the attribute. Which format is eCrater using for the feed ?
When I read this I thought they were talking about cases where 1 item had multiple UPCs assigned by the Manufacture, all of which referred to the one item. Like there is one valid UPC for use if sold on a global basis and another one if sold in the US, both of which were purchased and assigned to the one item. Sometimes an item will have a UPC number printed on the package and will have another sticker over it with a different UPC number to reflected the item as sold in a large retail chain.

The case you are presenting would be 3 items, each with their own UPC code, which have been combined by you into a new product. You are not selling item 1 OR 2 OR 3, your are selling your product which is a package of all three items. There is no Unique Product Identifier for the package that you created. The product you are selling is a custom one-of-a-kind item in my opinion and should be exempt. There is no UPC for the package and the Manufacture didn't assign a MPN for the package because it is your package.

Seems to me like I read a discussion of this type of case on one of the Google Merchant forums. When items are put together in a lot by the seller it is the seller's custom product was the opinion of the majority, but it wasn't an answer directly from Google.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2011 5:44 pm    Post subject: Re: Google Exemption Refused Reply with quote

The case you are presenting would be 3 items, each with their own UPC code, which have been combined by you into a new product. You are not selling item 1 OR 2 OR 3, your are selling your product which is a package of all three items. There is no Unique Product Identifier for the package that you created. The product you are selling is a custom one-of-a-kind item in my opinion and should be exempt. There is no UPC for the package and the Manufacture didn't assign a MPN for the package because it is your package.

For all intents, they are just a grouping of similar LEGO sets into a single sale. The best example I have is this ...

http://cosmicray.ecrater.com/p/1762928/lego-3560-3561-3562-3563-3564-3565-3566-3567-nba-set-of-8

Those are all 8 of the set. Each was sold individually by LEGO, and by various retailers. I do not recall anyone group packaging them back when they were on the shelves. It just so happened, that when large quantities of these became available, I was able to assemble enough of the entire set to make selling it this way possible. There is no specific packaging surrounding those when I sell them, other than the shipping box.

I also sell all eight of those individually. Each of the eight has it's own UPC and mpn.
noseyrose

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 6:47 am    Post subject: Re: Google Exemption Refused Reply with quote

birdcagerecords wrote:
Well... I was just refused an exemption from putting unique identifiers on my products despite the fact that I have already put them on every product that has one. I sell a lot of old records, comics, sheet music and posters... no upc's on these. The example Google gave me was for a product that I had a upc for... but apparently, has expired or is wrong.

After leaving eBay because of their brain-mangling new rules and punishments, and hoping for greener pastures here on eCrater, I'm hoping that this Google business isn't the start of trying to make customers jump through fiery hoops to just try to stay afloat on the site. I'm looking for ease of use and for the venue to just stay out of my business - I loved eCrater at first because it fit both of this criteria AND it was aligned with Google pay (trying to stay as much away from PayPal as possible) and search. But now I'm wondering.

PLEASE... can someone explain to me why this has become so confusing and so difficult for sellers. I know a lot of it is being caused by Google, but I wish the eCrater programmers could be a little more helpful.

Thoughts...?

I've been denied 4 times so far....for having invalid UPIs on 'some' of my items...but they won't tell me which ones and I've gone through all 193 items over and over and spent many hours trying to get everything formatted correctly. Very frustrating.....
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri May 13, 2011 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

noseyrose, sent you a PM that may help.
birdcagerecords

PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 9:39 pm    Post subject: My eCrater listings not in Google Shopping Reply with quote

I have put all of my CD inventory on both eCrater and eBid. I've noticed that the eBid listings are being seen in Google shopping while the eCraters are not. To be honest, I'm not really sure if it makes all that much of a difference as I think all the big boys are in cahoots with Google to chase the smaller sellers out, anyway. The Amazons, the eBays, The Barnes & Nobles, the Best Buys all come up first. Oh well...
dinosaurtoyvault

PostPosted: Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My problem is that while some of my items have UPCS, the upcs are in a sealed box that I'm not going to open, because one of the interests for collectors is a sealed box.

I haven't tried to get an exemption yet, but I've had more sales than usual, so I don't know. Maybe people don't use Google Shopping as much to find my site.
SamanthaBooks

PostPosted: Tue Jun 07, 2011 5:44 am    Post subject: What to do if... Reply with quote

half of your items have ISBN numbers and the other half does not?
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Aug 21, 2011 8:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, we never got the exception. How about you? Interested in whether or not it has made a difference for your store. I have seen zero difference in visibility so far. *knock on wood*

P.S. cosmic, according to eCrater when I emailed them about this, you only use one upc. We sell a lot of groups too and have been told they are best suited to the exemption rather than picking one upc for the whole, but we still don't have one and doesn't seem to affect much yet.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

How long does it take to get notified? I requested an exemption when they first came out (what was it 2 months ago?) and haven't heard a thing.

I sell used and vintage clothing in my stores. I thought automatically I would be exempt, but I wasn't, so I had to apply for one.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 1:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt wrote:
How long does it take to get notified? I requested an exemption when they first came out (what was it 2 months ago?) and haven't heard a thing.

I sell used and vintage clothing in my stores. I thought automatically I would be exempt, but I wasn't, so I had to apply for one.

I thought that, in lieu of a notification, the link to apply for an exemption disappeared when you were approved? I can't find the post where I read that now, so maybe I dreamed it!

Edited to add - I finally found what I thought I might have dreamed! This was posted by ecrater-moon, so it should be official...

Quote:
Notices are not sent out. The option to file an exemption no longer appears in the admin tool for the store if the exemption has been approved.

So if your link is gone, you're approved. That's your notification apparently.
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, my link is still there, and I never got a disapproval email. So that means... nothing has happened?
Gustys

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 2:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've joined the ranks of those refused for exemption: two books were cited, one published in 1931 (!) and the other in 1988, which has the correct ISBN listed already. Sheesh! These are books from my private collection and a very small part of my listings--I sure feel sorry for book dealers.
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Wed Aug 31, 2011 4:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gustys wrote:
I've joined the ranks of those refused for exemption: two books were cited, one published in 1931 (!) and the other in 1988, which has the correct ISBN listed already.

I was refused like 5 times until my exemption was approved. I also had 2 books whose correctly listed ISBNs did not match what Google thought they should be. So I scanned the ISBNs from the books and sent them to eCrater, who then dealt with Google to get it straightened out. In your case, you might scan the ISBN of the 1988 book and the copyright page of the 1931 book to send to eCrater.
Thescarletibis

PostPosted: Tue Sep 13, 2011 7:18 pm    Post subject: huh? Reply with quote

I buy stuff in bulk so while I may have a brand name I don't always have that other information. What should I do? Question
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: