eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google change & my sales
Goto page Previous  1, 2

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ditto, even my UK listings are not showing up on the main page of search except cached items. The listings are buried beneath ebay listings, etsy and other .com and items not even relevant. Hopefully people will start using the product search, but if ebay listings for the same item come up on the regular search, I don't hold out much hope of people taking that extra click over to product search.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
ILOVE2SHOP4U

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last night I found some of my items lupmed under the "Compare Prices". The problem is I'm selling some of these in a lot of 2, so now my price looks a lot higher than anyone else. Chances are few buyers are going to look at my item.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ILOVE2SHOP4U wrote:
Last night I found some of my items lupmed under the "Compare Prices".
That means that GB/GPS successfully correlated your offering with a similar one from another seller.

Quote:
The problem is I'm selling some of these in a lot of 2, so now my price looks a lot higher than anyone else. Chances are few buyers are going to look at my item.
Maybe, maybe not. If you have not already done this, try putting something in the title of the listing to denote 'pair' or 'set of 2' or similar. This will help to convey to the prospective buyer the difference. Pity that GB/GPS doesn't have a way to specify package quantity.
ILOVE2SHOP4U

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 5:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did change the title to say "Lot of 2", so will see what happens. It would be nice if under "Compare Prices" it showed the title of the listing. Last night I was at least on page one, this morning I'm on page 3 of 5. Rolling Eyes
vintagecornerstore

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What I am doing much more often now, and we should all do regularly, is at the bottom of Google shopping pages where it says "Give us feedback" I am sending them a note protesting the ebay listings.

I mention how many are on that page (usually the first, but sometimes I will say "on the first three pages, ebay showed up x times") and I will add "if I wanted to see stuff from ebay, I would go to the ebay site."

If enough people did this, maybe they would adjust their search results, because it truly is disgusting.
vintagecornerstore

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually I think this is so important, that I think I'll start a thread about it. So you might want to delete my comment here.
bargainjewelryandmore

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 2:30 pm    Post subject: Attribute Changes Reply with quote

What attribute changes?
GoneFunky

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintagecornerstore wrote:
What I am doing much more often now, and we should all do regularly, is at the bottom of Google shopping pages where it says "Give us feedback" I am sending them a note protesting the ebay listings.

I mention how many are on that page (usually the first, but sometimes I will say "on the first three pages, ebay showed up x times") and I will add "if I wanted to see stuff from ebay, I would go to the ebay site."

If enough people did this, maybe they would adjust their search results, because it truly is disgusting.

Hey that's a great idea! I will start submitting my Feedback too - not sure they want to hear it. Ebay has always flooded search results but before, each page would have many other venues mixed in - it sucks to go 10 pages deep in search results and every item is for ebay.
This is now what the Venue sidebar looks like when I am researching vintage jewelry:

eBay - abbysvintage1
eBay - bluedaemon23
eBay - bridgett372
eBay - catch_all_corner
eBay - catspringsattic
eBay - grandam3
eBay - greendayfan518
eBay - its4pat2
eBay - oreillyfactor1
eBay - pakwawuti
eBay - questcollectoremporium
eBay - shirls.things
eBay - silver18k
eBay - sparkleplentys
eBay - uniqantiq2009
eBay - victoria38555
eBay - vintageaddiction
eBay - wee_violet
Etsy - Jeweledlegends
Etsy - VixVintage
ILOVE2SHOP4U

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 4:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

vintagecornerstore wrote:

Good idea, I'll be doing the same. Which feedback option are you using?
vintagecornerstore

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 7:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is at the bottom of each google shopping page as "give us feedback."

Then a page will open that has you select the problem area. I pick "Google's search results weren't helpful"

Then a page opens that lets you add more info.

You do not have to give an email address or name to give feedback this way.

Thanks Frilly for your list. It really shows what is going on there.
maggiethehousecat

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea. I'm going to start doing the same thing.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

One thing I've noticed that only very lately I'm starting to understand is that if you have a near exact title or description (without copying) as another seller, only one is supported and the other is dropped from search results. This happens regardless of whether or not you're compliant. And guess who gets priority with this? Yep, feebay. If that isn't just a slap in the face idk what is! If it was an actual case of the seller stealing our description that would be one thing. But this seems to be just on similarities alone. How do you fight that? Sure, I'll spend all week making sure no other items are similar to mine or that my listings are even still there! Get your smurf out of your smurf Google!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2

Jump to: