eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Purchased items

View previous topic :: View next topic  
windsongsboutique

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:28 pm    Post subject: Purchased items Reply with quote

Where do I find a summary of the all the items I just purchased? Or am I not supposed to keep track of purchases? It appears that way. If it is, I'm not shopping here any more.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should keep your emailed order confirmations you get from eCRATER. They don't have a place for you to check. You can save your email notices into a file called eCRATER purchases.
windsongsboutique

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Naw, I think I'll just do my shopping elsewhere. I'm all for personal responsibility, but this is just going too far.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 6:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Let me understand this right. You SELL here on ecrater and look like you are somewhat successful but you have now decided to NOT shop here because you don't have a place to see what you bought? Seems like this is something you should have known all along and aren't you glad others don't feel this way otherwise you wouldn't have those over 200 sales?

The reason that you don't have a place to go see your sales is because buyers don't have to register to use this site. Because we aren't ebay or many other sites and venues that wants to know everything about you before they let you spend money and shop here.

Unless you bought a huge amount of items at one time, I can't see where holding on to your emails until your purchases arrive would be that difficult of a thing to do. That is how I keep track of all my on line purchases even when I can go check the site to check what I bought. Saves time for me.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a strange one and I'm not sure of the OP's situation, but I agree that a central account where you can track all your purchases is sorely needed. True, one work around is to suggest that buyers keep all their emails from every single sellers. Most people probably do this as a matter of habit and that may work till your email provider screws up and deletes all you stuff or you have a computer fubar and lose all you files or the selling site fails to send out all the necessary info. I do lots of buying online and I try to avoid places that seem hard to use and I like to be able to return to a site and see a record of my purchases. I'm organized for the most part but I could never rely just on emails to keep track of my buying.

MoonwishesStore wrote:

The reason that you don't have a place to go see your sales is because buyers don't have to register to use this site. Because we aren't ebay or many other sites and venues that wants to know everything about you before they let you spend money and shop here.

I don't see your statement as entirely correct. If I select "alternate checkout" I'm taken to a page where Ecrater requires I fill out all my personal info before I can continue with my purchase. I think if I use GCO, I bypass this but I still have to provide my info to Goggle. I guess it depends on how you look at it but I'm going to have to register and give my information to someone somewhere before I can buy online.

I look at it like this. We know how many buyers never read the details and I think Ecarter should make it as streamlined an easy as possible to make and track purchases here. Some will argue that registering takes time and yes, while it takes a few minutes , I think people are accustom to doing it and it would not be a big deal to most savvy online shoppers. Sure, for the few that do manage to find their way to this forum before making purchases we can suggest that they keep all their emails but how many folks do you suppose buy something here and simply find it to hard to keep track of things and never come back again. If I bought something on a site and then couldn't go back to the site and locate my item or the seller I would not be returning.

I think a simple one time registration that offers a central place to view your purchases would have tremendous benefit for buyer and sellers. I don't known of any statistics on this but requiring setting up a purchasing account may help reduce the abandoned cart problem. Your info could be stored and a buyer would not need to fill out the same stuff each time they wanted to buy something here.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 11:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
True, one work around is to suggest that buyers keep all their emails from every single sellers.

As a seller - you can email the buyer a lk to the product listing.
I do that ONLY when they are paying by money order
because otherwise I ship the next day so they have the item in 3 days.

One of the best things about ecrater is BUYERS DO NOT REGISTER
so they don't track anything.

BUT a buyer can aways use the contact form and the ecrater team can send the buyer a link to the product listings they purchased - assuming the seller did not delete the item.

The information the buyer provides to ecrater is saved only on the orders. IT does not open an account for the buyer to refer to.

BUT remember as a seller - if you don't like how ecrater does it -- you yourself can email the buyer a link to the listing.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Windsongsboutique, if you paid via PayPal or Google Checkout, you can view all your ecrater purchases in your account.

Sometimes when folks have used a technology for a long time, they don't see a need for all the "new bells and whistles." If they have a system that works well, they may not realize their way is no longer the "normal" way of doing business. I like the fact that I don't have to register as a buyer on eCrater, but I don't remember the last time I viewed an online shopping site where you could not register. I've see a lot of sites where you are still given the option of buying as a guest, but even that implies a service which is outside the business "norm". It's easy to see where a person would "register" with eCrater as a seller and assume that applied to them as a buyer since that is the "norm" on most (if not all) the other marketplaces.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My 2-cents about registering vs non-registering (since that is where this topic has arrived at)...

By not registering the buyers, that keep the 'name space' for members from getting cluttered. At this point, all members are assumed to be sellers. Somewhere I got the impression that eCrater may have many 10's of thousands of store fronts. Not all of those are active. If every buyer also registered (and using 1/3 of the order numbers as a guide) that would work out to 500k registered members (buyer or sellers). It also increases the workload for the eCrater team, as you just know a fair percentage of those will forget their password and/or create multiple IDs. Since sellers do not leave feedback to buyers, I don't see a need for that reason either.

Remember, most buyers are transitory (i.e. they graze across the internet looking for something here and something there). I'm seen only a handful of customers who are repeat customer here. I have seen customers here, who have bought from me on other sites as well. I don't know what the real reason was for not having buyers register, but I have a hard time justifying the need.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I HATE registering on sites just to shop. Think about this. How often do you reister to go grocery shopping or to Sears or Walmart or Bloomingdales? Yes, I know you can register for loyalty cards but do you really want all these stores knowing everything about you. Lately the stores ask for my phone number or zip code when cashing me out and I tell them flat out they don't need that info and it isn't any of their business. I've had cashiers not even know how to ring up a sale without my zip code! It is being used for advertising and whatever and I don't have to contribute. I guess I fell the same way about it on line. I like not having to register just to look around or to buy something.
aspencounty

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 10:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:

By not registering the buyers, that keep the 'name space' for members from getting cluttered.

Yes, I can see that being a problem. I guess the only solution is have separate registrations for buyers and sellers. I'm sure it sounds like a PITA, but it shouldn't be that difficult.

MoonwishesStore wrote:
I HATE registering on sites just to shop. Think about this. How often do you reister to go grocery shopping or to Sears or Walmart or Bloomingdales?

Online, every one of them. Sorry, but I couldn't live without my Wal-Mart, Best Buy and Staples accounts. Sure, I had to take the time to register and give up all that personal information but now I can go back and look at things I bought last year and compare prices for new things and get dates and stock numbers and all kind of helpful information.

My point is this would be for the benefit of buyers and not for some nefarious reasons. Creating and account could offer them a way to see and keep track of their purchases here which was the OP's original concern I think. Personally I don't mind the few minutes it takes to register on a site if it allows me to see a history of my purchases. Since we see and do this every day and understand how the buying process works it's easy to say well buyers should just do this or just do that. Most casual shoppers don't understand the Ecrater buying process or think about keeping email records. We have all seen folks come here and ask how to locate a seller or find something they bought from an Ecrater store. I know it sounds crazy but I have seen folks in the forum saying they bought something and can't even remember what they bought let alone who the sellers is. I know there are lots of ways to figure stuff like that out, I'm just suggesting that by requiring buyers to register and creating an account no one will ever have this problem again.
vintagecornerstore

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 9:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I prefer for them to not have to register, but I wish the email gave an actual link to the product they bought.

I always send an email to my buyers that has that link (except for Google Checkout anon buyers), but when I buy something would like to see it in the email from ecrater. (But it is nice to not have to register to buy.)

I also think it would open up such huge tasks for ecrater to have all registered buyers, that there is no way he could continue to offer a free site. (We have to remember that this site is free, and is not going to have all the amenities of a paid site. I think people sometimes forget that fact.)
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: