SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Other ways of payment
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic :: View next topic  
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonlightpotionsandlotions wrote:
hm... okay. So the prices are too low? I was pricing it about a dollar an oz or about that you know?

Just GOOGLE each one of your products as an independant search i.e. lotions, milkbaths and so on and see what the average price is on each of the items you are selling. Since they are not one-of-a-kind you can choose a midrange or high or low...the choice is yours but, being priced in a reasonable price point range is better than too high.

A bientt!
Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady…Proprietors: Purple Puppy Paws Products
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know if they are too low, you'll need to check your competition to help determine your pricing. If you are getting the traffic but not making the sale, there is something else going on, and pricing may be one of the things you need to look at.
moonlightpotionsandlotions

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, actually they are unique. We use custom scents and recipes. These are not copied from anyone else. WE MAKE SURE THAT WE DONT USE SOMEONES STUFF.

This is all handmade and such. But WE were hoping that with the low prices that we would get a good sale.

I have done a search and the range for milk baths is (3 oz) 2.00-15.00 So.. yeah. You tell me what I should do.

I mean I have researched it but No matter what I research its always a WIDE range.
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

moonlightpotionsandlotions wrote:
Well, actually they are unique. We use custom scents and recipes. These are not copied from anyone else. WE MAKE SURE THAT WE DONT USE SOMEONES STUFF.

This is all handmade and such. But WE were hoping that with the low prices that we would get a good sale.

I have done a search and the range for milk baths is (3 oz) 2.00-15.00 So.. yeah. You tell me what I should do.

I mean I have researched it but No matter what I research its always a WIDE range.

Exactly! You must choose the price point which covers your overhead and pays you a profit. You did not invent the product just the formula.
If you GOOGLE Foaming Bath...Solid Perfume thousands will show up.
http://www.google.comsearch?hl=en&client=opera&rls=en&hs=bPa&sa=X&oi=spell&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=1&q=solid+perfume&spell=1

Open yourself up to the big picture, step back from the emotional attachment and look at the store and products as if you had never seen it before. Ask your friends to do the same.. You are getting some of that here just step back.

A bientt!

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, which ones most deffinatly look too low to you all?

Or if you would rather discuss this in the other thread I made it might be in a more appropriate spot you know?
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, keep in mind that lots of people who are doing everything right don't start seeing sales for a couple of months or so for various reasons.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also, the desire for being anonymous makes your store unfriendly -- well, the Contact page at least.

If there's no address, don't mention it at all. Don't mention the phone either -- just the Skype info.

In other words, don't point out how you're not willing to make yourself known to your customers.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I didn't think of it that way thank you.

It has been edited. ^_^

Thank you all for your help. Today we are getting a P.O box and looking into the permits we need to be able to make it a true business and then we shall work from there.

I truly appreciate all of your help. e being new to all of this you know... didn't know what was going wrong why all the traffic but not even a single sale... I guess I have a lot to learn.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3
Page 3 of 3

Jump to: