eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Attributes ISBN

View previous topic :: View next topic  
societybooks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 10:36 am    Post subject: Google Attributes ISBN Reply with quote

I noticed a red mark next to some of my listing. It is saying Google attributes is asking for ISBN number. Some of my books are older and don't have ISBN numbers. Now what?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 12:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Many, many discussions about that on the other threads. You might want to do a search of ISBNs and see where those discussions take you.
societybooks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 3:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I did a search of ISBN and tons of other stuff comes up that have nothing to do with ISBN numbers. The search feature has its problems. My original about this topic came up in the search. I will still keep searching, but if anyone can provide a link to the new announcement that would be helpful. Off to search!
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Basically what you have to do is add the ISBNs to those books that have them and then apply for an exemption for the others. There is a link in your admin to ask for the exemption.

It is still screwed up however no matter what you do.
societybooks

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 6:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I filed for an exemption. But I am not sure I did it correctly. I did not see a spot to file on specific items, just the entire store. I do have ISBN and UPC for some items but many do not. When I filed the exemption I put in I wanted exemption for UPC, ISBN and I expected that after I clicked file exemption it would bring me to a different screen to add the list of items but it did not. Has anyone filed an exemption on specific items and not the whole store. Now that I submitted it I am concerned that Google will reject it.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

societybooks wrote:
I filed for an exemption. But I am not sure I did it correctly. I did not see a spot to file on specific items, just the entire store. I do have ISBN and UPC for some items but many do not. When I filed the exemption I put in I wanted exemption for UPC, ISBN and I expected that after I clicked file exemption it would bring me to a different screen to add the list of items but it did not. Has anyone filed an exemption on specific items and not the whole store. Now that I submitted it I am concerned that Google will reject it.

I don't think you get an exemption on an item-by-item basis. It's for the whole store. In order to grant the exemption, Google expects you to add the attributes if the item has them. So a store may have items with ISBN's and some without, and then the decision is made about exemption.

It seems to be a really dumb system, or else a system run by really dumb people. So if you have a book from 1955, pre-ISBN, but that book has been reprinted in 2002, they feel that it has an ISBN, although YOUR edition doesn't. Rolling Eyes
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: