eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Anyone else having problems with checkout?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
namesaketreasures

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 12:46 pm    Post subject: Anyone else having problems with checkout? Reply with quote

Someone placed an order earlier and wanted to use paypal but when I was sent the sale notice, it showed as the shipping was included in the item price and then included as shipping. I hope I'm making sense because I'm confused as to why it happened. I'm using another site to sell on as well and no problems with checkout there so it must be something with ecrater.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't seen this happen but you might use the contact form at www.ecrater.com and ask about it..
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 1:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have PayPal set up to add shipping to web orders???
If you do that might be the problem. Ecraters is adding it as you have it in your listings and then PayPal is adding it because you have it set to be added there also.

OR

If you manually did a PayPal invoices - it's miss leading, in my opinion - it ask for your total invoice BUT then when you do the invoice it ask per item then the shipping. I learned the total it ask for the first time should not include shipping as PayPal will add that too it. ALWAYS verify your total on your invoice you sent.
namesaketreasures

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not doing anything differently with my shipping here than I do somewhere else. It doesn't add it twice over there and I do have my shipping settings in my paypal account showing to add the shipping amount. If I have to do things differently here, I guess I'll have to use 2 different paypal accounts. I've never had this problem before with ecrater. I think I'm just going to put my ecrater store on hold until I can figure this mess out.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 18, 2006 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

namesaketreasures wrote:
If I have to do things differently here, I guess I'll have to use 2 different paypal accounts.

2 business paypal accounts are against the PayPal rules. They will ban you if you get caught.

You might call paypal and explain what is happening and that you have your PayPal account set that way for other sites and that won't work for you here.

BUT if it worked fine for you here before and you had it that way, I don't see why it's not working now.
namesaketreasures

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I think I finally figured out the problem. I had the shipping matrix filled out but I had flat rate checked instead of weight based. I e-mailed ecrater to see if they can change all my items to weight based but am still waiting to hear back from them. I started on some of them but it will take forever if I do it manually.
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Jul 19, 2006 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

namesaketreasures wrote:
Well, I think I finally figured out the problem. I had the shipping matrix filled out but I had flat rate checked instead of weight based. I e-mailed ecrater to see if they can change all my items to weight based but am still waiting to hear back from them. I started on some of them but it will take forever if I do it manually.

If that's it - then there is a bug in ecraters that needs to be worked on. BEcause you SHoULD be able to have the shipping by weight on some items and fixed rate on others. It SHOULD be applied by the box you check ed when creating the listing.
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My customer has also had problems trying to pay through Paypal. (Yes, BigTall, she intended on paying me. She's tried four times through ecrater to pay, which has shown up as four orders in my admin panel.)

I checked my selling preferences at PP and removed the "block unconfirmed addresses", so maybe that will solve the problem. She just signed up, so her account is probably still unverified. If that isn't the problem, then I have no clue what it could be.

Hm, I'm not sure if Paypal is worth all this trouble. *sigh*

Namaste,
Cheryl
namesaketreasures

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good news everyone!! I got everything straightened out and all I had to do was change to weigh based shipping instead of flat rate and now everything is perfect. Smile

Cheryl,

I'm sorry you're having a difficult time with paypal but believe me once you get the kinks worked out, it's so worth it IMHO. I have only ever had one order pay with a money order, all the rest used paypal. I'd hate to have missed all those orders by not accepting paypal.
zickit

PostPosted: Fri Jul 21, 2006 10:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

raspberrynights wrote:
My customer has also had problems trying to pay through Paypal. (Yes, BigTall, she intended on paying me. She's tried four times through ecrater to pay, which has shown up as four orders in my admin panel.)

I checked my selling preferences at PP and removed the "block unconfirmed addresses", so maybe that will solve the problem. She just signed up, so her account is probably still unverified. If that isn't the problem, then I have no clue what it could be.

Hm, I'm not sure if Paypal is worth all this trouble. *sigh*

Namaste,
Cheryl

Why not go directly to PayPal yourself and send her an invoice from there?
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 11:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi BigTall,

I've already tried the invoicing and it still didn't work. I feel like it's something simple that I'm overlooking, but you know how that goes...it's hard to see something right under your nose.

I've taken the PP option off until I can figure out what the problem is; may have to call or email them about it.

Namaste,
Cheryl
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Did you figure it out yet? I'm thinking it might be the unconfirmed address that is the problem. Keep us posted!
raspberrynights

PostPosted: Sun Jul 23, 2006 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think I've figured out the problem.

My customer has an AOL address and, from what I've been reading so far, the AOL browser doesn't work with PP if the browser security level is set too low. It'll show an error page. She'd need to reset the security level, or minimize the AOL browser and open up Explorer or Firefox, then log in to PP from that browser...which kind of defeats the purpose of the email links, don'cha think?

Namaste,
Cheryl
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: