eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

16+ on matrix

View previous topic :: View next topic  
elisia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: 16+ on matrix Reply with quote

I thought I had our Matrix figured out when another dilemma arose.

So, in playing with the matrix and due to a UK buyer purchasing an item over one pound (I currently have my matrix set up with ounces, not pounds, the whole thing needs an overhaul soon for me), I thought I would use the 16+ column.

Not...it doesn't work the way I thought.

So, if I wanted to key in something for 20 ounces, for instance, or 1.4 lbs (and I realize . or fractions do not work), how would I add the 16+ in my listing? I have a dollar amount in the 16+ column, but don't know how to add the 16+ in my listing.

Oh, if only ecrater made the matrix simpler. It's the toughest part and should be the easiest. Confused
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 16+ column tells the matrix the amount to add to the dollar amount in the 16 column for every weight over 16.

If you are using pounds in your matrix, you have $10.00 for shipping in the 16 column and you put $0.50 in the 16+ column, then if an order weighted 19 pounds the customer would be charged $11.50. ($10.00 + 0.50 + 0.50 + 0.50)

You could use ozs or number of items purchased instead of pounds, but when you do you have to realize the matrix is going to add whatever you put in the weight field and match to a column with that number or next higher number if it's an odd number like 3 or 5.
elisia

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you...and makes total sense. Will go play with the matrix. Wink
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just looked at your store and you really do have a wide variety of sizes, shapes and weights. Maybe someone wiser than I can suggest a way for the matrix to work for you.

I have different stores, one for items shipped media mail, two that use the matrix based on number of items sold and one that uses the USPS calculated shipping based on shipped weight. Two stores ship internationlly and two don't. While I would rather have all items in one store, I've never been able to create a single shipping cost system I liked. I understand why the really big companies don't bother, they just charge a flat shipping cost based on the amount you spend. I've even looked at different shopping carts I could use if I had my own website and didn't find an answer I liked there either.
elpereles

PostPosted: Mon Jun 27, 2011 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eCrater site is nice. The only bad things in the site are "Weight" related. From the set up of the Matrix to the Checkout. Laughing
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: