eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google attribute
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ZanesPlace

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Google attribute Reply with quote

I really don't understand what an attribute is. I have the exclamation mark next to items and when I go to put in a description evidently I am doing it incorrectly. Can someone give me an example of an attribute for an item please...thank you.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brand: Nike
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The link below will take you to the Google Attribute FAQ thread which is very helpful. I think you should take some time to read it.

http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=5937

With regards to the red exclamation mark, it is an eCrater's flag to let you know that your listing does not have the Google unique identifier which is required by Google if you want your item to be listed on Google Shopping/Products. If you click on the G right next to !, you should see a message in red telling you which attribute you are missing.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Sun Jun 19, 2011 2:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

These red exclamation marks are not consistent. I'm still getting them in newly listed items in this store which has been exempted. There isn't a single item in the store that isn't used.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you are doing your attributes on your actual listing, is should look like this [!brand:Nike!]
mimiskidsclothes

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:49 am    Post subject: Google Attributes Reply with quote

Hello,
I am new here and have listed some items in my store. The Google attributes are showing up at the end of a listing, when I don't want them there, and then they disappear from the list. To redo the list, they wind up in the listing....ok what should I be doing??
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mimis, Could you give a link to an item where the attributes are showing? I've clicked on 7 different items in your store and none are showing attributes at the bottom. It must not be a widespread problem, or else I'm not reading your question right.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, I found one -
http://mimiskidsclothes.ecrater.com/p/11804810/nwt-baby-connection-infant-boys

The attribute is showing at the bottom because you have a space between the word color and the colon. The syntax is very picky and won't let extra spaces, etc., slide by!

Becky
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They have to look exactly like this [!brand:Nike!] only with your own info in the spots. No spaces, be sure the ! is there and the brackets and the : otherwise it will show up on your listing. If you do it correctly they won't show.

The easiest way I have found to do the attributes, especially with like types of things, is copy over the attributes and then substitute in the correct info, if say only the size or color is changing.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2011 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MoonwishesStore wrote:
The easiest way I have found to do the attributes, especially with like types of things, is copy over the attributes and then substitute in the correct info, if say only the size or color is changing.

So true! That's why I love to use the copy feature and create my new ads from old ones, just changing the necessary data and photos. I haven't "created a new listing" for years!
mimiskidsclothes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:36 am    Post subject: Those attributes.... Reply with quote

Thank you for the replies...I was seeing them on all the listings and couldnt figure out why. Not even knowing why you neeeed them, lol. So I thought I removed them all before posting here. Since then, I have gone back, and when I click on update and exit, I dont see them in the listing when I view it.... I hope I am making sense with this, but I will go back and update the listings for whatever reason is good to have them. Glad to be here, and waiting for the sales!! Smile Have a great day, everyone!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
for whatever reason is good to have them

Google sees them, so when someone is searching for things that you have in your attributes your listing, along with any one else that may have that attribute, should come up. Just another way to present keywords. Most of the things that you have listed in your attributes should also be part of your description. I'm always surprised at listings that don't have brands, part numbers, sizes, colors, etc.
mimiskidsclothes

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 10:33 pm    Post subject: Google Reply with quote

Thank you for your help!! Learning and glad to be here! Smile
PostalCards

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 10:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

If all the atributes I can think of for my items (postcards) are not supported by eCRATER do I just leave that section blank? Am I still likely to have my items picked up by Google? .
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 26, 2011 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can choose which attributes to list but you should have two of major three (which right now I can't quite remember). Then from the rest of the attributes that both google and ecrater support, choose what you think is most important. For instance unless it is important way that buyers look for your postcards, you might want to skip the 'made in' attribute. Choose the ones that are most likely to be used by buyers to search for the cards they want.

You can see the list of recommended attributes, etc. on the Google Attributes tab when listing by clicking on the tab and then the little question mark.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: