eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

hELP WITH ADVERTISING IN FREE DIRECTORY

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ChicLondonJewellery

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: hELP WITH ADVERTISING IN FREE DIRECTORY Reply with quote

I'D LIKE TO SUBMIT MY LINK IN A FREE CO.UK DIRECTORY AND I'VE THE CHOICE OF: REGULAR LINK OR REGULAR LINK WITH RECIPROCAL.
WHICH ONE DO I CHOOSE? ,WHAT'S LINK WITH RECIPROCAL? AND WHAT'S THE DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THEM? PLEASE.
MANY THANKS
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
homeandbodyessence

PostPosted: Fri Jul 08, 2011 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Choose the regular link; however, it usually takes weeks and lots of time inclusion is not guaranteed depending on the website's policy. Since you can't have html on eCrater, you don't want to choose "regular link with reciprocal" anyway. "Reciprocal" linking means "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" meaning you'll have to put that directory's URL/button/banner, etc... on your site back either before or after they list you and their link must be clickable which is not doable here.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sat Jul 09, 2011 3:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could you tell us the URL that this directory is on? Maybe it will help us to post our UK store on this link.
ChicLondonJewellery

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lastade-designs wrote:
Could you tell us the URL that this directory is on? Maybe it will help us to post our UK store on this link.

http://www.the-free-directory.co.uk/
http://info.vilesilencer.com/top
http://www.freecouk.co.uk/

I hope they help, I never use them, I'm going to submit my url for the first time.
ChicLondonJewellery

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2011 12:45 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

homeandbodyessence wrote:
Choose the regular link; however, it usually takes weeks and lots of time inclusion is not guaranteed depending on the website's policy. Since you can't have html on eCrater, you don't want to choose "regular link with reciprocal" anyway. "Reciprocal" linking means "I'll scratch your back if you scratch mine" meaning you'll have to put that directory's URL/button/banner, etc... on your site back either before or after they list you and their link must be clickable which is not doable here.

Thanks!!! I get it now, you've explained it perfectly. THANKS!!!!
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are these links mainly for UK sellers or U.S. sellers offering Paypal? I'll submit to them if I can, but there's been some confusion of late due to the fact GCO isn't offered on the UK site (unless you live in the UK). Don't want to create even more confusion, but the extra advertising is always welcome, if it's allowed.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 9:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
Are these links mainly for UK sellers or U.S. sellers offering Paypal? I'll submit to them if I can, but there's been some confusion of late due to the fact GCO isn't offered on the UK site (unless you live in the UK). Don't want to create even more confusion, but the extra advertising is always welcome, if it's allowed.

you can submit your US site that offers shipping there - can't you? The UK buyer can buyer from your US site and pay with a cc using GCO.
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 12, 2011 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking they were somehow tuned into the Uk ecrater site only, which doesn't seem to be the case. Assuming it's allowed by the submission engine (many of these overseas addresses don't publish unless you're there) sure I can send the U.S. site. Actually the most that will happen is you won't be included, so I guess it's worth a whirl. Thanks for the confirmation.
ChicLondonJewellery

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 6:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dccollectibles wrote:
I was thinking they were somehow tuned into the Uk ecrater site only, which doesn't seem to be the case. Assuming it's allowed by the submission engine (many of these overseas addresses don't publish unless you're there) sure I can send the U.S. site. Actually the most that will happen is you won't be included, so I guess it's worth a whirl. Thanks for the confirmation.

you right, it won't, sorry I thought that you were in the UK, it is only for website with .co.uk
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: