eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

pics too small or too large?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
quakercraft

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 1:21 pm    Post subject: pics too small or too large? Reply with quote

Hi,

is there a way to make my pictures bigger? they look so small thats it hard to see.

Now, one of the thumbnails wont fit the picture. Is there a way to correct this?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I submit all my pictures at 500x500. I believe that 250x250 is the minimum, but I think that is a bit small. I have seen some sellers submitting very large images (like up around 1000x1200).
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:17 pm    Post subject: Re: pics too small or too large? Reply with quote

quakercraft wrote:
Hi,

is there a way to make my pictures bigger? they look so small thats it hard to see.

There's no photo editing once you upload the photos. You need to size them before you upload them. I think mine are mostly 600 on the longest side; that way, when the shopper clicks on them, they enlarge at least a little. Some people have larger ones for greater detail.

Quote:
Now, one of the thumbnails wont fit the picture. Is there a way to correct this?

Do you mean the cropped look that the thumbnails get? That's because the thumbnails are square. Once you are at the actual listing, the photo is fine and not cropped off. Some sellers work to create a square photo by adding white space on the sides, so you could try doing that. I just leave mine alone and don't worry about the thumbnails.
musicmom

PostPosted: Thu Jul 14, 2011 10:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I create the thumbnail with the space on both sides since most of my items are music which is not a square. Any good photo software should have the option to do this. I happen to use ArcSoft Photo Studio. I'm sure there are others if you are so inclined. I then also put up the original picture so that the buyer has a choice to view it without the space stuff.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: