eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Services for sale??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
htstore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 8:29 am    Post subject: Services for sale?? Reply with quote

The business I do offline I deal with graphics alot.

One thing in my business that I have one heck of hard time with is graphics or artwork. Lets say DECENT artwork! I have been handed business cards, napkins, drawings etc for artwork. In my industry that isn't artwork! Laughing Then you have some that have this awful looking bitmap graphic - save the file as an eps and assume its fine.

For years I have been converting my customer's napkin drawings Laughing to true vector artwork. I burn these on to a CD for them. I typically place formats that they can use like jpg's etc along with copies of their logos that they can use for printers. For example, I had a home inspection company once. He had an awesome design for his logo, and he wanted car magnets, shirts, etc made. He came to me for for those - along with items that related to my business. The first thing I did was make artwork for him. To this day he continues to use this for other things that I don't do for him. The fact he had true vector artwork for his logo, trademark, etc saved him tons of issues in the future. I also have a number of clients that I just email the artwork to them, and they burn their own CD's for future reference.

I'm not a graphic artist per se, but I have redrew artwork for people with this need. I have helped with some design elements as well. I think the one was most difficult was a car club with this INTENSE design! Once I did their artwork for them they have a much better time with their other printing needs.

People tell me that my prices for design are very reasonable.

Is that something you can offer on ecrater? I have a basic design service I use all the time here. Its a flat charge for a simple design.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 12:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I cannot follow what you are trying to say or sell. However; if you are toying with the idea of offering any types of grafic work you might want to cnontact http://wahm922.ecrater.com/ and others here who offer grafic or image types of products. Send a PM or wait here for a response. Smile

& Best Wishes!

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady…Proprietors: Purple Puppy Paws Products
htstore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 2:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes - that is what I do as well. I basically redraw logos so they are useable for the printing industry.

I have done design work - its just not my main product.

THank you! LOL I guess you can see that then!
wahm922

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you can sell your desing work here - I have for over a year now Wink

I wish I could "draw" but sadly I use other people's work that I purchase to use in my work.

I did just learn to slice an image and I made a really cool template for a customer. I made the graphic and then sliced it - I was pretty pround of myself on that one since I'm all self taught and learn as I go. It's a fun hobby.
htstore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well that is why I don't call myself a graphic artist! I didn't go to school for it, but learned it due to my industry. It was a MUST! I did most of the designs to engrave, but customers wanted it for other things as well. It was either I didn't learned it and paid something else to draw it - or draw it and keep the money myself! Laughing

Its not something I concentrate on, but I get asked all the time! I used to DREAD IT, but it got easier with time! Wink
kjscreations

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

doing candy bar wrappers.... I get emailed alot of logos copied from their website at a crumby 72 DPI & then I have to make "steak outta hamburger"... LOL
Drives me nuts! I use paint shop pro to draw alot of my designs. Some items are purchased.
If you want to see some of the wrapper drawings... I sell wrapper templates to other candy wrappers....
www.onesiewrappers.ecrater.com
I don't do alot of special custom work... I have to "be in the mood" Laughing

Shelly
htstore

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing Then you know what I'm talking about when I was handed a business card or NAPKIN....and told, "here is my artwork for our project!" Confused Your 72 DPI I'm sure was just as awesome quality! Wink

I got in the habit of saying, "NOPE! That isn't usable artwork!" If the company is big enough, and have had their graphics done at one time or another they will find you the proper file! Laughing Esplly when I tell them I will charge them a one time $35.00 (for simple designs) charge to redraw the dang thing! For smaller companies they GASP until I tell them they will run into the same thing in other avenues - like graphics for their cars, huge signs, etc if they don't do it RIGHT! I give them a burned CD if local with lots of file extensions, or just email some for them to store or burn themselves! Tell them they don't have to hear that speech again then! Laughing After that minor modications aren't that big of deal!

The ones I really giggle at is company's that had the artwork done all along, but when I pushed for that $35.00 project cost to redraw the suddenly found TRUE ARTWORK! LOL WOW camera ready and everything! Laughing
wahm922

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I do my logos at 72 because they are intended for web use - if wanting print quality I can do that but I chagre more.

I clearly state that in my listings Wink

I haven't had time to "play" lately and I'm starting to miss it. I have a bunch of template ideas I need to make happen but I honestly think the market for them off ebay just isn't there.
EverythingNice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like your work wahm922! I do mall, shop and store headers with mapped links. Lot of work but fun when I finally get them done. BTMC has one of my first malls. Here are samples on my feepay page...

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=custommalldesign
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BTMC has one of my first malls.

And I ABSOLUTELY love it! You can see it live and working at
www.BigNTallMensClothing.com
The top of the page is by EverythingNice
EverythingNice

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 4:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BigTallMensClothing wrote:
Quote:
BTMC has one of my first malls.

And I ABSOLUTELY love it! You can see it live and working at
www.BigNTallMensClothing.com
The top of the page is by EverythingNice

Ain't they just the berries....LOL! So glad it is working so well for you! Smile
htstore

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I haven't had time to "play" lately and I'm starting to miss it. I have a bunch of template ideas I need to make happen but I honestly think the market for them off ebay just isn't there.

Sounds like you have awesome talent! There are LOADS of people looking for templates besides for stores and such. I know you can find that niche..lol and we will wait and watch you make that first million! WOO HOO!

There are loads of companies out there for web design, but you know what? Almost NONE of them think outside the box! Service companies are always looking for that great new look!

YOU can do this! GO FOR IT!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: