eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

sold tag
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
yourbestdenimskirts

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 5:25 pm    Post subject: sold tag Reply with quote

i forgt the site to get pick out my sold tag for when I sell an item..help please...
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Jul 18, 2011 7:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sold items have to be marked sold and hidden. In your products file, click on the tab and mark it hide. Also uncheck the feature boxes if you have checked them.

Any item on eCRATER must be available for sale. That means you have to hide or delete them. I hide items for a couple of months and then delete them.

You can be suspended if you have sold items visable.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You have no need for a sold tag at all as you don't want sold items showing. If you think you will have the very same item in stock you can leave it hidden after it sells until you can replace it, but if it was a rare one of kind item, you should be able to delete the listing as soon as the customer leaves feedback or sooner if you like. Unless you have a system of some sort, leaving sold items hidden for to long can make you forget you have them, so they become dead space.
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 12:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used the sold tag, but it is better to have the Inventory Control. So you don't need to worry about buyers making a force sale.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
I used the sold tag, but it is better to have the Inventory Control. So you don't need to worry about buyers making a force sale.

your store can get suspended from the site for having items listed that are not for sale
elpereles

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The word "used" is in past mode. Please read carefully before activating false alarms. Rolling Eyes
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 5:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a category in my store called Zee end of zee line Sold. That puts it at the bottom of my list of categories. I mark all items sold, hide them and move them to the Zee end category.

If you go to my store and click on the Zee end category, it will show 0 items but in my admin, that category shows 12 items that have sold recently and I'm just waiting to make sure there is no problems before I delete them.
zickit

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 7:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

elpereles wrote:
The word "used" is in past mode. Please read carefully before activating false alarms. Rolling Eyes

chill ... I am just stating the facts so others do not thing they can use sold images and keep the product listed.
old-friends-media

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I have a category in my store called Zee end of zee line Sold. That puts it at the bottom of my list of categories. I mark all items sold, hide them and move them to the Zee end category.

If you go to my store and click on the Zee end category, it will show 0 items but in my admin, that category shows 12 items that have sold recently and I'm just waiting to make sure there is no problems before I delete them.

Wow! What a great idea. I was wondering what to do with my Sold listings. That sounds like a great way of managing them. Like you, I'm hesitant to delete them until the transaction can truly be called complete. (aka after the charge-back liability expiration date!) Thanks!
PegsBUTTONS

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
I mark all items sold, hide them and move them to the Zee end category.

after the buyer receives the item can they still go to your site and view the item again?? OR do you give them the zee category link?
[/quote]
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Jul 19, 2011 9:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I don't send the seller the link. If they have a problem they can email me and it is easy enough for me to send it to them. Actually can't they click on the link they get in the order confirmation they get from Google or eCRATER?
elpereles

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 12:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat nice idea a hidden drop area for sold items.

bigtallmensclothing, no problem. It was the way you wrote it.
yourbestdenimskirts

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 3:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks everyone...i was thinking that I had to have the sold sign and then hide the item...thanks for responding
FoxAndFish

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 5:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

yourbestdenimskirts wrote:
i was thinking that I had to have the sold sign and then hide the item

Tho you do have to hide the item, you don't have to have a sold sign. That said, I think it's a good idea to have one, b/c links to your items may be sprinkled over the net and still attract viewers into your store. If you delete the item, the link will read "No such product," which is a dead end...and if you don't delete it, the "Buy Now" button says "On Hold," whose meaning may not be clear to the viewer.

One of the items I still get a lot of views on, oddly, is a piece of vintage kitchenware that sold in Sept 2010, nearly a yr ago. The link must be on a blog or somewhere, and people are still clicking on it...so they are coming into my store, and I want to keep them there, even if the chance is slim they'll buy something else. So I always put a sold sign on the item before hiding it...and sometimes I put a little blurb in the text redirecting viewers to the store homepage URL. I don't delete an item until it stops getting views for a month.

As for where to find a premade sold sign, which was your original question...I don't know, sorry. There must be royalty-free art of sold signs somewhere on the net that you can find with a search and download. I made my own with PhotoShop.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Jul 20, 2011 2:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

FoxAndFish wrote:

That said, I think it's a good idea to have one, b/c links to your items may be sprinkled over the net and still attract viewers into your store. If you delete the item, the link will read "No such product," which is a dead end...and if you don't delete it, the "Buy Now" button says "On Hold," whose meaning may not be clear to the viewer.

That's a good point. Since the hidden-but-not-deleted items still show up in Google it'd be nice if (a) the word "SOLD" could automatically be overlaid on top of the first image, and (b) the "on hold" button said "not available" instead.

I like that the items can still be found but it does cause some confusion with customers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: