eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Store advise and comments

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
crzyrob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:52 am    Post subject: Store advise and comments Reply with quote

Hi everyone I'm new to ecrater stores and was looking for some help.
I'm trying to list a featured item in store and can not do it. Also trying to figure out how to upload a photo on store front and can not. Any one with a suggestion that might help? Thanks all. Have a good day!
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 2:20 pm    Post subject: Re: Store advise and comments Reply with quote

crzyrob wrote:
I'm trying to list a featured item in store and can not do it.

Do you mean an item featured on the categories pages or the "Featured Item" on the storefront?

Quote:
Also trying to figure out how to upload a photo on store front and can not.

Be sure to check out the Solutions area of the forums. Here's the thread on Images which I think will answer the above question:

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2097
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
crzyrob

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:22 pm    Post subject: Which feature list Reply with quote

the feature item on the 1st page of store.Thanks for your quick response...You're really helpful again thanks
VINEWOOD

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:42 pm    Post subject: Re: Which feature list Reply with quote

crzyrob wrote:
the feature item on the 1st page of store.Thanks for your quick response...You're really helpful again thanks

hi

logo on the left will get your store banner or logo

products is where you list ~ catg is were you add your catg's and sub catg's plus u can add an image per the frist 5 catgs please check my www at the bottom of this post
happy easter regards
zickit

PostPosted: Sat Apr 07, 2007 11:50 pm    Post subject: Re: Which feature list Reply with quote

crzyrob wrote:
the feature item on the 1st page of store.

Those are called FEATURED CATEGORIES - if you are referring to the 5 categories you can have show up across the bottom of your store.
To get them there -
click on cateogories
select one of your you already have set up - click on the pencil icon to the right
UPLOAD an image
Select a Featured Position
UPDATE

The FEATURED ITEM is in the upper right corner of your home page.
When creating a listing there is a section that says something like Show as Featured item on the home page.
Check it.
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

& Best Wishes!

You will receive advice from people who like to help, use what works for you. Smile

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady…Proprietors: Purple Puppy Paws Products
buddyslighthouses

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Ecrater, crzyrob! And..by the way, you just made a sale!Smile
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Sun Apr 08, 2007 6:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

EXCELLENT job on your FAQs, etc.. Rob! Ooooooh, garden stuff, I'm so gonna be browsing!

I'd change your meta tags somewhat, you have them separated in your keywords by commas, but the meta title and description have them as run-on, no spaces or anything. A search engine will not be able to separate them.

Use your title meta tag to incorporate your main keywords. Take those keywords and craft a short 1-2 sentence description, and if you can vary the keywords a little, so much the better. One way to do that is make the keyword plural in the description (i.e.: birdhouse in the title, birdhouses or bird house in the description and/or keywords). Double exposure to search phrases that way.

FYI: Your candle category is listed as 'candel'

Love that homepage image, too!
ljstores

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome

Here is a great thread for advertising and promotion ideas.

http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2132

LJ
signoftimes

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 8:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome, and good luck!

\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_\_
SignOfTimes.ecrater.com
BuyUsedBooks.ecrater.com
_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/_/
2BOYSandTOYS

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 7:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rob - welcome to eCrater and best of sales! Very Happy Laughing
EverythingNice

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to Ecrater and good luck to you! If I may suggest some MINOR changes in your welcome announcement...

You have this...
A place where you can find just about anything inside and outside your dwelling. Check us out for great deals on many items in stock. If there is something special you would like to see ask we may be able to provide it for you. Thank You for looking and come back often new item added regulary.

Maybe change to this...
A place where you can find just about anything FOR inside and outside your dwelling. Check us out for great deals on many items in stock. If there is something special you would like to see, (needed a comma) just ask. It is possible that we may be able to provide it for you. Thank you for looking. New items are added REGULARLY, so come back often.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi and welcome,

Love the picture.

I would like to suggest you don't make your welcome message so vague. It makes you sound like a Sears catalogue or a Home Depot. From the 5 pics you have featured, I think you probably are focusing on decorative items. I only saw cookware and Pjs that weren't primarily for decoration. Are the decor items from a particular place or made by a particular company?

I'm not sure how many people actually see our home pages but for those who do, it's curb appeal. It's where you want your best pictures, and your best writing.

The statement that you might be able to get them anything they want should be eliminated. A jerk could make you jump through hoops over that line. If you want to emphasize customer service suggest prompt or combined shipping or special ordering.

One other suggestion: I don't think your jammies belong in the bed/bath category. I realize that is where they are meant to be worn but they are clothing. You have no limits as to number of categories.
MIZombie

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad you could join us!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
MI Zombie - Maker of Hand Dipped Incense - Do you remember handmade?

www.incense-stick.com
www.nicodemon.info
www.blog.dsquarednetworks.com
Periwinkles

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome

Joyce

http://MusicalNotes.ecrater.com/
http://periwinkles.ecrater.com/
http://oldtimevalues.ecrater.com/
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: