eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

SHIPPING MATRIX - By Ounces Pounds Whatever you need
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
dancingwithbooks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 25, 2007 7:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks fancy, yes I do mention it in my listings, but I never tried to use the matrix, so was hoping maybe there was a way...
later,
dancing
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
fullstop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 3:34 pm    Post subject: shipping problem Reply with quote

I am brand new here...I can't seem to find the shipping matrix!! Embarassed I seen it in the beginning of signing up..Now I can't get to it.. Helppppp! Crying or Very sad
poopsheet

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2007 5:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you go into your admin at http://FullStop.ecrater.com/admin you'll see it on the left under Shipping & Taxes.
orchids

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 8:41 am    Post subject: Still confused Reply with quote

Sorry, but I'm still confused Embarassed Embarassed

I havent yet gone live but don't understand the following:
1. do we have to use the shipping matrix?

2. in the listings, it calls for weight - I've been putting in zero - will this mess me up when I go live or when the customer checks out??.

As many of my items are dropshipped, I charge shipping based on a percentage of my retail value so I don't know the weight. I only ship to Mainland USA.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm really simplisting and new to ecommerce.
Thanks
crazyorchidlady
Laughing
ljstores

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 9:16 am    Post subject: Re: Still confused Reply with quote

crazyorchidlady wrote:
Sorry, but I'm still confused Embarassed Embarassed

I havent yet gone live but don't understand the following:
1. do we have to use the shipping matrix?

2. in the listings, it calls for weight - I've been putting in zero - will this mess me up when I go live or when the customer checks out??.

As many of my items are dropshipped, I charge shipping based on a percentage of my retail value so I don't know the weight. I only ship to Mainland USA.

Any help would be appreciated. I'm really simplisting and new to ecommerce.
Thanks
crazyorchidlady
Laughing

I don't use the matrix but there is a lot of information here that may answer your questions.
http://www.ecrater.com/community/viewtopic.php?t=2461
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 10:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
do we have to use the shipping matrix?

Not if you used Fixed rate shipping charges.

Quote:
in the listings, it calls for weight - I've been putting in zero - will this mess me up when I go live or when the customer checks out??.

Everything weights something. I didn't think it would even accept a zero as weight. If you ever change for fixed shipping rate to ship by weight you will definately be revising ever listing or be charging zero for shipping.

Quote:

This is not possible with the ecrater.com system.
You currently have shipping charges showing on your items - that is what the buyer will be charged.
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Wed Mar 21, 2007 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for this thread as it will come in handy for my next store. Very Happy
I hope that it remains up as a "Sticky" and does not become lost into the numbers.

This is the type of information which can be useful to many stores and to All Newbies. Thanks! Very Happy

TCL
moonlightpotionsandlotions

PostPosted: Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I know bad me but I havnt read all the responses.

BUT here is what I have thought of. I had read half of this at 4 last night and whent with the same formula then as I was re reading it a moment ago I thought of it this way if you have say .5 ounces or less keep it for the half ounce which is (right now acording to the USPS calculator) from my new home to my old one is .52 so put that amount under the 1 and classify that in your notes as the 1 and under. if you need to put it for say .5 put 1 in the wieght specification section then put 2 as the 2 ounces and 3 as the 4 and 6 as the 4 and so on and so forth. this may not make sense to many but meh. its my contribution. maybe it helps others...

I really am thankful to the person that thought of this first though. It helped me figure out my formula. ^_^

~Bows graciously~ I owe you a lot ^_^
kathrynsceramics

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 9:53 am    Post subject: shipping matrix Reply with quote

Hello Everyone, I am new here and I have been reading all the info I can find RE: shipping. I don't know how to set mine up. I sell ceramics, Most pieces packed weight are 3 to 4 pounds. Shipping cost for 3 lbs. to zone 1 is $5.60 zone 8 is $10.55. These examples are for the new postal rates.
I am lost on how to set up the matrix to cover the different zones and shipping rates.
I dreamt about this, it didn't do any good. I still don't know how to set it up. Thanks, Kathryn
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Personally, I avoid the MATRIX and first class mail. MY shipping choice is USPS priority flat rate for 2 reasons.

3 day delivery time
same $$ rate for the size box [max wgt 8lbs] or,
envelope [max wht=4lbs]

Example: for a box
3lbs to Chicago=$8.10
3lbs to California, San Fran =$8.10

There are tyvek envelopes, but, I don't think porcline shipps well in the envelope. The prices are going up next month so Crying or Very sad The benefits here, in my opinion, are, everyone pays the same cost for shipping and the tracking and e-mail conformation features are valuable, one other benefit you can schedule a pick up at your door. The postman/person will pick-up flat rate priority boxes at no cost. YET!
Best Wishes!

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady…Proprietors: Purple Puppy Paws Products
kathrynsceramics

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:16 am    Post subject: shipping matrix Reply with quote

Hi, thank you for responding to my question.
I ship USPS priority mail fragile. My items will not fit into the flat rate boxes. I use the 12x12x8" plus larger boxes.
Maybe I will be better off to pick the flat rate shipping price. Over charge for some zones and pay extra for some zones.
The matrix seems to be set up for countries that do not ship by zone like the United States does.
I am not meaning to complain, iIam trying to understand if there is away for me to use the matrix system.
Thanks Kathryn
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 11:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

From wha I understand of the MATRIX is thei; it is a spreadsheet that you can customize for your use...a guide and prompt for the shopping cart. This Sticky was one of the best examples for personalizing the Matrix. Take a deep breath and stand back...look at it again and I think you will find a way to make it work for you. Wink

A bientt!

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady…Proprietors: Purple Puppy Paws Products
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 12:58 pm    Post subject: Re: shipping matrix Reply with quote

kathrynsceramics wrote:
Maybe I will be better off to pick the flat rate shipping price. Over charge for some zones and pay extra for some zones.

I think this is what a lot of people do (myself included). And over time you can see what typical orders will be like and adjust the matrix here and there if needed..
moonlightpotionsandlotions

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Or you can take the hit for a while until you figure out what the standard is then fix it as you see fit. TIs what we are doing ^_^
avonforless

PostPosted: Fri May 11, 2007 4:31 pm    Post subject: shipping Reply with quote

I haven't tried to figure out the shipping yet but wouldn't it default to PayPal and Google shipping. Would you leave it blank then? Thanks.
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 23, 24, 25  Next
Page 3 of 25

Jump to: