eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

OK, I JUST looked at all my texts and made a few VERY MINOR
Goto page 1, 2  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElzAuctionHouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:09 pm    Post subject: OK, I JUST looked at all my texts and made a few VERY MINOR Reply with quote

I have just made a VERY FEW (in fact, RIDICULOUS and non-essential) changes to the wording in my "Home", "About me" and "Terms and Conditions" thinking that I MAY have had an "inappropriate" word or punctuation in there that MAY have caused my store to be suspended!!! That is IF it IS ACTUALLY suspended -- I really don't know!!! I've NEVER received ANY NOTIFICATION that it was suspended -- WOULD have been NICE to have been INFORMED if my store IS suspended and WHY, so changes COULD be made!!!! Shocked Shocked Shocked Shocked

Is it because a LOT of my items are from the UK -- as in photos and THEY HAD to be researched from places IN the UK???? These are photos that have been in MY FAMILY for YEARS, they are of and FROM MY family!!! Sorry, but my paternal side of the family, including my father, ALL come from the UK!!! Is THAT what got my store suspended??????? Shocked Shocked Shocked

Is it because I am selling off MY PERSONAL collection of Occupied Germany items?????? Is it because I am selling off MY -- OK, my PARENT'S items from the 40's?????

PLEASE, PLEASE, PLEASE, will SOMEONE tell me 1- IS MY store SUSPENDED; 2- WHY, if it IS suspended; 3- HOW can I correct it!!!!!!
Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes you are suspended and no eCRATER doesn't send notices that you are suspended. In your other post I said that it is probably your shipping policy. I still believe that. Selling your family heirlooms and photos is not cause for suspension so it is probably nothing to do with your inventory.

If you plan to use primarily priority mail you can use USPS calculated and include insurance when you set up the shipping fees.
ElzAuctionHouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
Yes you are suspended and no eCRATER doesn't send notices that you are suspended. In your other post I said that it is probably your shipping policy. I still believe that. Selling your family heirlooms and photos is not cause for suspension so it is probably nothing to do with your inventory.

If you plan to use primarily priority mail you can use USPS calculated and include insurance when you set up the shipping fees.

What about the items that HAVE to be shipped in separate boxes???? PLUS the fact that the USPS not only goes by weight, but, also dimensions??? If a package weighs, for sake of argument, 4 pounds, BUT, is OVER their "normal" dimensions, the package HAS to be shipped at the 40, 40+ Pound rate, regardless of true weight (if inder 40 pounds). As I mentioned previously, I DO include insurance in my shipping cost. In the case of the item that has to be sent in two boxes, the insurance HAS to be on BOTH boxes, therefore the insurance costs for both boxes were added together, just as the cost of shipping for the 2 boxes were added together!!
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and (adding to what Maggie said) if you choose to use USPS Calculated you *must* put backup shipping numbers in the shipping matrix. Using USPS Calculated shipping, and leaving the shipping matrix blank, is a sure way to get random orders with a zero shipping cost. Most of the time USPS Calculated will send thru the correct number, but there are rare moments of high traffic, when eCrater has no choice but to use the numbers in the matrix.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElzAuctionHouse wrote:
What about the items that HAVE to be shipped in separate boxes???? PLUS the fact that the USPS not only goes by weight, but, also dimensions??? If a package weighs, for sake of argument, 4 pounds, BUT, is OVER their "normal" dimensions, the package HAS to be shipped at the 40, 40+ Pound rate, regardless of true weight (if inder 40 pounds). As I mentioned previously, I DO include insurance in my shipping cost. In the case of the item that has to be sent in two boxes, the insurance HAS to be on BOTH boxes, therefore the insurance costs for both boxes were added together, just as the cost of shipping for the 2 boxes were added together!!
Perhaps you should put a fixed shipping cost on the item, and not try to use calculated or the matrix. That number should be high enough to cover zone 8, but you can always charge the card for less if you are shipping to a closer zone (should you wish to do so).
ElzAuctionHouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:07 pm    Post subject: Cosmicray's response about shipping Reply with quote

To Cosmicray: THAT'S EXACTLY what I do!!! I have my proces at a FIXED price INCLUDING insurance to cover ALL 8 zones!!! IF THAT'S an OK thing -- WHY was my store suspended????

Can you think of any OTHER reason???? Is it the NAME??? IF SO, then HOW can I change it WITHOUT having to cancel THAT account and relist ALL 179 items?????????
cosmicray

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My best advice to you is contact the eCrater team and ask them what was the problem that caused the suspension. We here in the forum, are sellers like you. We can offer advice based on our experiences, but we do not know what the problem was (or possibly still is).

Contact eCrater. Use the contact link on the bottom of the very front page of the ecrater site (and not the contact on the front page of your store). Fill out the form and ask what was the problem, and what do you need to do to resolve it. That is the best approach at this point.
ElzAuctionHouse

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 6:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
My best advice to you is contact the eCrater team and ask them what was the problem that caused the suspension. We here in the forum, are sellers like you. We can offer advice based on our experiences, but we do not know what the problem was (or possibly still is).

Contact eCrater. Use the contact link on the bottom of the very front page of the ecrater site (and not the contact on the front page of your store). Fill out the form and ask what was the problem, and what do you need to do to resolve it. That is the best approach at this point.

I have an email address of questions@ecrater.com and that's where I sent my inquiry and have received no reply!! THAT'S when I turned to the "Community" for help and advice!!!
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElzAuctionHouse wrote:

I have an email address of questions@ecrater.com and that's where I sent my inquiry and have received no reply!! THAT'S when I turned to the "Community" for help and advice!!!

Try this link and follow the instructions and the drop down boxes -
http://www.ecrater.com/contact.php

Sorry I don't have any suggestions about your suspension. Good luck!
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElzAuctionHouse
Did you by chance have an item listed more then one time?
or
products with duplicate titles (not sure how you would know what sold if that's the case)
because that can be seen as duplicate listings of the same item.
or
did you have listings for items that are not for sale?

One thing I did notice in your featured items (since that's all I can see)
item titles like Photo #8 (1940's) ... doesn't really tell anyone what is for sale ... it don't say photograph or image or what it looks like.

OK, I'm done guessing

PostPosted: Wed Aug 03, 2011 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think you are stressing yourself about combined shipping. Items that can't safely or legally be combined would be books with clothing via media mail, very fragile china with a cast iron door stop.

Most people who combine will be buying multiple photos or more than one piece of jewelry or several linens. I think you could be here a very long time before you come across a buyer who orders a heavy book and a china tea pot in the same order and most buyers will know they can't combine such items safely.
ElzAuctionHouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
ElzAuctionHouse
Did you by chance have an item listed more then one time?
or
products with duplicate titles (not sure how you would know what sold if that's the case)
because that can be seen as duplicate listings of the same item.
or
did you have listings for items that are not for sale?

One thing I did notice in your featured items (since that's all I can see)
item titles like Photo #8 (1940's) ... doesn't really tell anyone what is for sale ... it don't say photograph or image or what it looks like.

OK, I'm done guessing

Seems that THAT was the problem, according to the ecrater email I just received -- my titles and descriptions!! Now I'm going to HAVE to figure out titles for each photo, but, I'm still going to have to have the photo # in the title, so, when an order comes in I'll know which photo was purchased!!
ElzAuctionHouse

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat wrote:
I think you are stressing yourself about combined shipping. Items that can't safely or legally be combined would be books with clothing via media mail, very fragile china with a cast iron door stop.

Most people who combine will be buying multiple photos or more than one piece of jewelry or several linens. I think you could be here a very long time before you come across a buyer who orders a heavy book and a china tea pot in the same order and most buyers will know they can't combine such items safely.

I know that I wouldn't be able to combine the fragile items with other items and yes, if someone purchased multiple photos or other non-breakable items, I would combine the shipping.

I wasn't stressing over the shipping, I was stressing over the fact that my store was suspended and never received any word about that, or, what the problem was!! I have sent another email to find out just which category or categories are the "culprit" so I can concentrate in righting that and not revamping ALL 178 items!!! I was also told that I had a duplicate item listed and that's also not allowed. The only thing I can think of is a family photo, but that ARE different!! One is in a folder and the other one isn't -- THAT'S why they were listed separately. Guess I'll just have to remove one and up the quantity on the other!!! Giving all these photos titles is going to be difficult as the titles are going to have to be vague. Such as British Sailor and then put (photo #?? - WWII - 1943). Hope descriptions like that will get me out of suspension. Hopefully the title "Dance Class" was OK. Time will tell!!! Maybe I'll do a couple, contact ecrater and see if that's what they want and if OK, continue with all the rest.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ElzAuctionHouse wrote:
I wasn't stressing over the shipping, I was stressing over the fact that my store was suspended and never received any word about that, or, what the problem was!! I have sent another email to find out just which category or categories are the "culprit" so I can concentrate in righting that and not revamping ALL 178 items!!! I was also told that I had a duplicate item listed and that's also not allowed. The only thing I can think of is a family photo, but that ARE different!! One is in a folder and the other one isn't -- THAT'S why they were listed separately. Guess I'll just have to remove one and up the quantity on the other!!! Giving all these photos titles is going to be difficult as the titles are going to have to be vague. Such as British Sailor and then put (photo #?? - WWII - 1943). Hope descriptions like that will get me out of suspension. Hopefully the title "Dance Class" was OK. Time will tell!!! Maybe I'll do a couple, contact ecrater and see if that's what they want and if OK, continue with all the rest.

Look at your titles first. We can't see them so you have to do it. Take your photos as an example.
If you start with a #, move the number to the end of the title.
A photo of a dance class might read like this:
1940s photo dance class 3 girls in tutus black and white original photo
(Remember I am talking about a photo I've never seen)

You have to state in the title that it is a photo, a figurine, etc and spend the rest of the title describing the item. I number all my listings with a code number at the end of each title that allows me to find the item quickly.

As for your two similar photos, one framed and one not, they would be allowed if you make the titles different. All you have to say is framed in one. If you mean those heavy paper photographer's folders you could add the name of the photographer etc.

The most important thing you can do for your store and healthy sales is have the best possible titles and most informative descriptions. Yes it takes time and thought initially but it pays off in the end.

eCRATER expects all sellers to acquaint themselves with the rules and regulations before opening a store. Surely an indepth look at how other sellers do things will help. They have a very small staff (how you pay nothing to sell here) so they do not send notices about anything.

If they announce a change they do it here on the forum. I have never ever gotten an email from eCRATER in the 5 years I've been here unless it was in response to an email I sent them.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was just reading your other topic along the same subject of shipping.

You are concerned with selling a dinnerware set that needs more than one box for shipping. Here is how you do it.
1. Weigh one box, get shipping rate including insurance for that box. Make a note of the weight, insurance, and shipping fee.
2. Weigh the other box, get shipping rate including insurance for that box.
3. Add the weights and shipping/insurance of box 2 to box 1. Enter the total weight and enter the shipping for the total.
4. Enter fixed price shipping.

BTW I agree with Moonwishes that you are being rude to a group of people who have no power but are merely trying to help you. I'm done.
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: