eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Promote and Market Your Business
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Comycgyrl

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Promote and Market Your Business Reply with quote

ESN Ecrater Stores Network http://ecrater.ning.com/

We are a network of sellers from the e commerce site http://ecrater.com.

We focus on marketing, promoting, and supporting ecrater sellers and their stores. The marketing tools we use are not just for use at eCrater, anyone can use the tools we share on the ning site. There are many ways to market and promote A STORE, and we try to keep current with all the many alternatives out there for us to use.

ESN has about 300 members and continues to grow. Our active members contribute useful information daily. This is not a spam site or ad site so when you visit you will not be bombarded, but simply find good people running a business with other like minded business people. Our discussions center on what is or is not working for them, and keep each other going, trying to make a site that is all around a great place to shop, eCater is not just one store; it is many stores and for one to be successful we all have to be. It is to each *** member's benefit *** for us all to jump in and work together. We are Neighbors helping neighbors.

Stop by today and see what is going on in our neck of the woods!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
dccollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 03, 2010 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You've got PM. Thanks

Denny Crane
vintagevillage12

PostPosted: Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

signed up waiting on approval
thanks
VV
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Tue Nov 30, 2010 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I signed up once, looked around, that's about it. Then misplaced my password. I kept getting tons of emails, including one that said we had 2 weeks from last Friday to update our info on the site, so I figured out my password and tried to log in today and I can't because I've been BANNED.

I can't imagine a) what I would have done to deserve that (customarily isn't an email sent first to tell someone why you would BAN them?) and b) why I would still be getting all these emails from this site (like so-and-so added me as a friend)... each email says I have to click on a link to change my settings to stop getting the emails, but of course I can't because I'm BANNED.

Has anyone else been arbitrarily BANNED without any notification? And still getting emails?
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 4:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thecheapskirt - you need to contact them. They are a group of ecrater sellers that started their own forum
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Funny, but there is no way to contact them when you are banned. I was wondering if they did this to anyone else here.
EccentricThrifter

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 3:39 pm    Post subject: ESN Banning Reply with quote

Being a member of ESN is a privilege, not a right. 9 times out of 10 people lose their privilege as members of the eCrater Stores Network because they don't care enough to even show up. ESN is a working site, not a chat site or a store front. Marketing eCrater stores and supporting each other is of the utmost importance. The site only works because people keep it alive and viable. It is not a place for people to stop by, leave a bunch of links and RSS feeds and never show back up. If someone is removed it's usually for INACTIVITY! But additionally, spam will not be allowed, neither will advertising any venue other than eCrater.

As far as contacting Admin on there, even if all else failed you can always go to one of their stores and send a message that way. None of the Admins is incognito. Between info available thru their profile pages you can get to their blogs, Facebook, Twitter, the stores and other places. A simple search on Google would suffice to offer ways to contact anyone.

@ thecheapskirt - If you'd like to be reinstated contact me personally t eccentricthrifter@cox.net. I'll be glad to discuss it with you.
Comycgyrl

PostPosted: Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:03 pm    Post subject: Banning Reply with quote

I agree, you receive messages before banning or suspending, and actually we suspend first which gives you limited usage to the site for emailing. Inactivity is our biggest reason for suspending, and you have to be months in the inactivity before we do anything about it. Sorry you had a bad experience but when pointing fingers remember 1 points at me and 3 at you.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried being a member for a while but kept getting it confused with another similar eCRATER forum. I think I got banned from both of them.

Then I signed on to a FB group that I thought was just an eCRATER page and it turned out to be another forum where people just post their listings all of which go out to every member. I get about 20 emails a day from that. I would like to turn it off but can't find it again.
EccentricThrifter

PostPosted: Fri Aug 05, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Still There Reply with quote

Maggie, so far you are still a member at ESN. Stop by soon and look on the last page or members under the Members menu tab (the first that joined) http://ecrater.ning.com We'd love to see you around more Smile
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Sun Aug 14, 2011 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why on earth would I want to be reinstated to a site that treats its members like that?

I mean, really! LOL

I prefer to be active on sites that bring me in sales. But thanks.
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 4:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like we have said, ESN is made up of eCrater sellers that want to help each other by offering ideas on promoting, answering questions about the eCrater platform and offering tips on creating a great online store - all with the purpose of increasing sales for each of us. We are a friendly group of people promoting eCrater in a positive way. We care about each other. We are eCrater sellers like everyone here. No one at ESN is paid - all participation is voluntary.
You joined ESN and obviously didn't find anything of interest. You didn't even care enough to remember your password. You ignored e-mails sent to you from ESN, tons of e-mails according to you. If you had really been interested, you could have contacted someone at ESN to get help. It is really not that hard. You can view just about everything on ESN without signing in. Just by your posts here, it is obvious that you just weren't interested in being a part of ESN. So, you think it is the job of other eCrater sellers to generate sales for you? Your quote "I prefer to be active on sites that bring me in sales" I just don't understand how anyone would expect other sellers to "bring me in sales"
Our ESN group pays money to Ning for the use of their platform. The number of members and capacity usage determines the cost. The pro-members of ESN pay for all members to use it. There is no reason to let non-participating people remain members and use up space.
After months of trying to contact you, you were suspended on 11/30/10. Once you are suspended, no one would be able to send a friend request to you from ESN. You are not listed on the membership. I also don't see how you could be getting any e-mails from ESN. Again, you are not on the list of members. But if you do, you can always forward it to me. Just click on the "contact" under my name listed under admins. It is located on the right hand side of the ESN main page. It's OK if you don't want to belong to ESN. But to try and say you were mistreated by the eCrater sellers at ESN? I don't think anyone is buying that.
We at ESN wish all eCrater sellers success whether or not you belong to ESN. But I really don't appreciate the snide and sarcastic remarks made by you towards other hardworking and caring eCrater sellers.
tigercreekgifts

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ning charges per monthly usage so I could see why these ecrater ning forum owners would be picky about not wanting people to just advertise and leave, or drop a few links and hit the road. It costs money and takes alot of hard effort to keep a ning site running, even simple sites. I used to run social networks on ning all the time so I know how they work inside and out. Had one for 3 years with almost 1,000 members until they told me they realized how popular they were getting and told me my free site was no longer free. I had to pay up or be deleted.

However, I don't agree with frivolous banning. I got banned from a website a few months ago because my posts were too long. Yeah, too long (Over 2 paragraphs). How ignorant is that?
EccentricThrifter

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 5:42 am    Post subject: Fresh Start at Ecrater Stores Network Reply with quote

I want to share that I am the new eCrater Stores Network site owner @ http://ecrater.ning.com. We're listening to member opinions and suggestions, and improving every day. ESN is about making eCrater stores into buyer destinations. ESN gets good traffic and many visitors find their way to eCrater stores after visiting ESN. Should an issue arise there are no dismissals of our members without finding out what's going on first. CarolinaBlueLady and I are excited to have you stop by and see if ESN is right for you.

Last edited by EccentricThrifter on Tue May 22, 2012 6:37 am; edited 1 time in total
caljackscollectibles

PostPosted: Thu Mar 29, 2012 7:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am new to the site. A great site with very friendly and helpful people. Smile
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: