eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Log on time

View previous topic :: View next topic  
rainbowseeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:23 pm    Post subject: Log on time Reply with quote

Is there some reason why I am being timed out here? I have created a rather complex page of terms twice now and when I click update it takes me to another new log in page and my term page that I created is gone when I go back to look for my update. This is extremely frustrating....is it normal??? I realize I can go do this again on a notepad or something and cut and paste it if this is the case. It would certainly be nice if you would warn people of this feature though so they didn't have to redo stuff several times. It is of course my fault for being stupid and trying to do it directly, but I am having a frustrating time with you lack of information on this site.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
TheCookieLadyCafe

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yep! Crying or Very sad That is the bane of my existance here also! I do not understand why the site times out so quickly Exclamation Question

Best Wishes!

Josh, Jordy & The Cookie Lady…Proprietors: Purple Puppy Paws Products
rainbowseeker

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 1:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Sad THAT SHOULD BE LISTED SOMEWHERE IN THE SOLUTIONS SUGGESTING ANY PAGE YOU ARE CREATING THAT IS EXTENSIVE & TIME CONSUMING SHOULD BE DONE IN ANOTHER PROGRAM THAT YOU CAN CUT AND PASTE FROM. It would certainly save unnecessary frustration!!! And I would have several items listed by now if not for this....now I need to quit and it will take yet another session to get this store working. I am not a happy camper. Simple is great.....but no detailed information is just asking for frustrated users.
ljstores

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi rainbowseeker, sorry you have experienced this!!!!
I remember the first time it happened to me, it was my most expensive item and my longest listing and when I lost it, I wanted to kill someone...lol
Thing is, it happened to me once and I never let it happen again. Laughing
I do all my listings in an editor like wordpad or something and cut and paste.
Once you get into the habit the frustrations of today will be a distant memory!!!

LJ
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never noticed that the timeout is exceptionally short or anything but, yeah, it'll definitely time out eventually. I'm not sure what it is though -- 15 minutes?

When I'm working on an item description that's taking me longer than usual I'll occasionally hit the "submit" button (whatever it's called) just to make sure it doesn't time out. It won't take the listing because required fields aren't filled in so I can keep working on the description.
poopsheet

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 6:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

rainbowseeker wrote:
Simple is great.....but no detailed information is just asking for frustrated users.

What other questions do you have? Pretty much any question can be answered in these forums so please do ask.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: