eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

How to OPT-OUT of eCrater.UK
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 11:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
BT your UK store is empty, but unless someone is searching for your store using the UK url, I don't think they are going to find you.

the text pages -- that are there on the UK site even though I have NOT opted-in
show up on the google UK search engine and will soon be in the other UK search engines that feed off googles.

So yes, they will find my store.

Quote:
Your repeat customers should have your US url

UK folks (at least those I know) first search in UK, Has nothing to do with if they have my URL or not.
I once did a survey and most of my customers are looking for a specific item and do not come to my store URL but use the search engines.

My text pages are keyword packed therefore it should if it doesn't already show up in UK search engines
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 5:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this something you have contacted the ecrater team about? I know you are busy, but you might want to add your UK 'site' to Google analytics and see how many hits your site actually gets to see if you have a valid concern. You should be able to compare it to your US site pages.

I'm glad they have added the UK site, but obviously has some 'bugs' . I've been happy with the extra sales even though I've been open to international sales since I started here, I don't think I ever had this many UK sales in the same amount of time so I think the UK site is an added value.
zickit

PostPosted: Thu Nov 25, 2010 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
you might want to add your UK 'site' to Google analytics and see how many hits your site actually gets to see if you have a valid concern

I don't mess with Google Analytics. Google gathers enough info about me and my businesses I don't want to give them more.

I personally have not contacted them for several reasons
#1 - I'm not sure I can expalin in words that will make sense to a non-seller.
#2 - someday I hope to be on ecrater uk
and I don't what to have to opt-out without the able to opt in later
EccentricThrifter

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 8:48 am    Post subject: Remove UK Store Reply with quote

Seems like if eCrater had a way to add the storefront to UK, then they ought to have a way to remove it too.

I totally agree with BT. This is not right. I tried it, but don't want the hassle of messing with UK prices, conversions, etc. If anyone wants anything from me they can visit my US store as in the past. But seeing an empty store - what's up with that?! No one will do any further research! Since it's actually the same storefront with a different address, you can't Delete the store without removing the US site as well.

I wish I'd never added it in the first place! Just a waste of time when I could have been listing here!
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Thu Dec 09, 2010 4:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The UK store hasn't made any sense to me from the start so I have done nothing with it. Instead I started a store on a site that automatically shows prices in the currency of the country from which you are signed in.
You list in US $ but buyer sees prices and shipping in their local currency.
It doesn't seem to be a huge problem for them. Lots of UK sellers there. Non US based stores are not treated like lepers who have to be kept separate from the general population.
aweebitofscotland

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:49 pm    Post subject: Shipping to U.K. showing FREE Reply with quote

Anyone else having this problem? I have my product designated with fixed shipping to U.S.A. , Canada , Hawaii, and Alaska but I can't get the U.K. included and no matter what I do, I can't get Ecrater to show anything other than FREE shipping when it's on the U.K. site.

At this point I have reset everything back to the way it was, there was just too much aggravation involved with this and it would be a real problem selling something and having to pay the shipping myself because of this.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you have your matrix filled in for the UK? Are you using calculated shipping? Your problem has something to do with how your shipping is set up not with the ecrater UK stores themselves.

Have you been selling internationally prior to this and did your shipping work out correctly? If so then you shouldn't do anything with your shipping other than leave it how it was.

It is very much worth taking the time to get set up correctly with the UK store depending on what you sell as it is a nice source of income, plus at times you get buyers from other countries that see the listings and buy from the UK store rather than track you down elsewhere. I had someone from Australia buy from my UK store today.
sher2x4-landing

PostPosted: Wed Feb 02, 2011 5:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cool I have tried all the things that AmericanEdge suggested AND I agree with BigTallMensClothing.

I want a switch to turn it OFF.

Way too much hassle for a back-link.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Thu Feb 03, 2011 8:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
Way too much hassle for a back-link.

Don't understand why you think of the UK site as a backlink, maybe I misunderstand you or your definition of a back link. Things are selling on the UK site. In January almost 25% of my sales came from my UK site. That is certainly worth the 'hassle' in most people's books.

I do understand that the biggest problem for some is the shipping costs and getting that figured out, but if you were open to international shipping previously, that shouldn't be a problem now.
dealmachine2011

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 6:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Is this still the best and/or only way to not sell in UK?
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 7:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dealmachine2011 wrote:
Is this still the best and/or only way to not sell in UK?

"The best way to not sell in the UK"....I can't even understand that statement, sorry. You have your UK store open, so I can't tell what you are trying to do. If you no longer want to ship to the UK, then remove the UK from your shipping zones, make sure there is no UK row in your matrix (if you use it), and follow the opt-out steps at the beginning of this thread, which will remove all your products from ecrater.co.uk. This will also prevent anyone in the UK from buying in your .com store, too.

Have you had difficulties with your UK store? Mine is working fine and I know that other sellers are not having trouble. I'm sure you didn't intend for your question to be cryptic but you might get better answers if you flesh it out a little. All the best!
Becky
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtcollectibles wrote:
This will also prevent anyone in the UK from buying in your .com store, too.

Is that really true ? I have never activated my UK store (for a variety of reasons). I do have the shipping matrix setup for US, UK, and a few other countries. I was under the impression that UK buyers (should they be able to find me, and are willing to pay in USD) can still place orders.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes they can place orders on your US site. However, if you don't want orders from the UK, then you have to not have that as a selling or amiling option. Just like I don't have Italy and a few other countries like Nigeria that I will sell to.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 11:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
wtcollectibles wrote:

Is that really true ? I have never activated my UK store (for a variety of reasons). I do have the shipping matrix setup for US, UK, and a few other countries. I was under the impression that UK buyers (should they be able to find me, and are willing to pay in USD) can still place orders.

The question was about the best way not to sell to the UK, which sounded like... well, he didn't want to sell to the UK period. I didn't really understand his question, so maybe I should have kept quiet!

But if he did what I said--opted out of the UK store, removed the UK from his shipping zones, and took out the UK row of the matrix--then UK buyers will not be able to buy from him from his .com store either, would they?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 12:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wtcollectibles wrote:
cosmicray wrote:
wtcollectibles wrote:

The question was about the best way not to sell to the UK, which sounded like... well, he didn't want to sell to the UK period. I didn't really understand his question, so maybe I should have kept quiet!

But if he did what I said--opted out of the UK store, removed the UK from his shipping zones, and took out the UK row of the matrix--then UK buyers will not be able to buy from him from his .com store either, would they?

OK, I guess I took it out of context. Sorry Embarassed
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4

Jump to: