eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Why I can not search out my postings?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
babiken

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 3:18 am    Post subject: Why I can not search out my postings? Reply with quote

I registered yesterday and posted some items. At the time, I could search out my postings. I also had some clicks right away.

But today I found when I search "mp4 player" which is contained in my postings, there is not any result coming out for my postings. I then listed two new one, still no luck.

Anybody knows why?
eCrater blocked me?
Can anyone help?

Thanks.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 4:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you selling items from a drop shipper? OR do you own the items?
Are you part of an affiliate program?

My suggestion is that you read the terms of selling on ecrater.com
http://www.ecrater.com/terms.php
poopsheet

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:55 am    Post subject: Re: Why I can not search out my postings? Reply with quote

babiken wrote:
But today I found when I search "mp4 player" which is contained in my postings, there is not any result coming out for my postings.

Do you mean searching from the main ecrater.com site or from within your own store?
babiken

PostPosted: Mon Apr 09, 2007 10:16 pm    Post subject: Thanks. Reply with quote

Thanks.

"3.4 All products from affiliate websites will not be posted to Froogle. They will not be included in searches in the main eCRATER marketplace and will appear at the bottom of the respective categories. Affiliate website is a website provided with products, images and texts from another company to sell their products. Dropshippers and distributors are considered as affiliate too."

I think this is my problem.

However I do store these products and they are ready to be shipped.
eleganzajewels

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, 2007 4:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Create your own google base feed, it's not all that hard. Use a spreadsheet program, whichever one is on your computer, and make sure and follow the "Rules" at Google.

The main thing is to make sure you have all the REQUIRED attributes:

Quote:
Attributes for all products
You are required to include these attributes for all of the items in your bulk upload file. If you do not have information for an attribute, you may substitute a different attribute instead, such as a specific item type attribute or an additional attribute.

brand
condition
description
expiration_date
id
image_link
link
price
product_type
title

You can browse here for more specific attributes, depending on what you sell:

http://base.google.com/base/products.html

Make sure you have the entire spreadsheet formatted to "general" "top" alignment and use the word wrap.

Add a couple of things to see if you get any error messages, save yourself the hassle of adding jillions of things and having the whole file kicked out.

I recommend using an FTP program to submit your file, it's SO much easier than using that darned Google submit button. Filezilla is free and very easy:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=21558

Once you have a proper feed crafted, submitted, and accepted, you can go ahead and add all your products. I resubmit mine every other day, keeps things up high in the search results.

More work, I know, but this way, you are submitting ONLY your things, and you are also adding backlinks to your ecrater store, always a good thing.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: