eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Posting a Feedback

View previous topic :: View next topic  
ElzAuctionHouse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 3:43 pm    Post subject: Posting a Feedback Reply with quote

How does one post a feed-back??? I had an order placed on 9/9/11 for 2 items -- same buyer, and the buyer was going to pay with PayPal. I have not seen payment as of yet. I sent the buyer an invoice for the items today, (thinking that that's what they were waiting for), 9/10/11 at 10:31am, it's now 5:28pm and I have heard nothing about receiving any payment. How long should I keep this item for this buyer??? I have the feeling that this transaction is NOT going to happen!!!

It WOULD be nice to receive a communication from the buyer as to when I could expect payment!! BUT, I have heard absolutely NOTHING!!! HOW can I handle this???? How can I leave a Seller's Feedback??? I have the feeling that these items are NOT going to be paid for!!!!

IF I received communication from the buyer stating that they were going on vacation for a week or two, fine, or, they only got paid on the 15th of the month, fine, BUT, NO WORD at all???????????? What do/can I do?????? As far as I can see, the item is still "active" and has NOT been taken out of my inventory!! Guess, if someone else decides to purchase it and pays for these items, then THEY are the one who will be getting them!!!
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It is rare that a potential buyer responds when they have changed their minds. It happens all the time and this is not eBay so there is no such thing as non-paying buyers here and you cannot leave feedback for them because buyers do not register with eCRATER.

Sometimes buyers lose their shopping carts or get interrupted so it is always good to send an invoice but don't hold the item more than a day or so unless you want to.

If you have inventory control enabled, items are not automatically removed unless there has been an instant payment so your item should still be for sale.
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 5:46 pm    Post subject: Re: Posting a Feedback Reply with quote

ElzAuctionHouse wrote:
How does one post a feed-back???

Sellers can't leave feedback for buyers.
Quote:
I had an order placed on 9/9/11 for 2 items -- same buyer, and the buyer was going to pay with PayPal. I have not seen payment as of yet. I sent the buyer an invoice for the items today, (thinking that that's what they were waiting for), 9/10/11 at 10:31am, it's now 5:28pm and I have heard nothing about receiving any payment. How long should I keep this item for this buyer???

How long do your terms give a buyer to pay? In the invoice or any other communication to them, how long did you tell them you would wait? It's up to you.
Quote:
I have the feeling that this transaction is NOT going to happen!!!

Sounds like you're right. It's just an abandoned cart, sounds to me anyhow. Any shopper (not a buyer if they don't pay) who doesn't pay immediately, I email and thank them and tell them I will hold their items for xx days before putting them back up for sale to other shoppers.
Quote:
As far as I can see, the item is still "active" and has NOT been taken out of my inventory!!

Inventory control only kicks in with immediate payment by PayPal or Google.

It happens to all of us and you just let it go and move on. I'd guess they just changed their mind.
ElzAuctionHouse

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 6:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

MaggietheCatsMeows wrote:
It is rare that a potential buyer responds when they have changed their minds. It happens all the time and this is not eBay so there is no such thing as non-paying buyers here and you cannot leave feedback for them because buyers do not register with eCRATER.

Sometimes buyers lose their shopping carts or get interrupted so it is always good to send an invoice but don't hold the item more than a day or so unless you want to.

If you have inventory control enabled, items are not automatically removed unless there has been an instant payment so your item should still be for sale.

Thank you -- I will delete their sale tomorrow!!
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
How does one post a feed-back??? I had an order placed on 9/9/11 for 2 items -- same buyer, and the buyer was going to pay with PayPal. I have not seen payment as of yet. I sent the buyer an invoice for the items today, (thinking that that's what they were waiting for), 9/10/11 at 10:31am, it's now 5:28pm and I have heard nothing about receiving any payment. How long should I keep this item for this buyer??? I have the feeling that this transaction is NOT going to happen!!!

It WOULD be nice to receive a communication from the buyer as to when I could expect payment!! BUT, I have heard absolutely NOTHING!!! HOW can I handle this???? How can I leave a Seller's Feedback??? I have the feeling that these items are NOT going to be paid for!!!!

IF I received communication from the buyer stating that they were going on vacation for a week or two, fine, or, they only got paid on the 15th of the month, fine, BUT, NO WORD at all???????????? What do/can I do?????? As far as I can see, the item is still "active" and has NOT been taken out of my inventory!! Guess, if someone else decides to purchase it and pays for these items, then THEY are the one who will be getting them!!!

This sounds like the stress of an ebay seller! We aren't ebay here and buyers don't get feedback, period. There is no non-paying buyer system. Once you get used to it and have your own system down you will find the stress of ebay just dissolving. Ebay made non-paying buyers into a big thing, but here where there are no FVF and so no need to get a refund of them it really isn't a problem, it is just a disappointment that the sale didn't go through.

You need to decide how many days you will give your people to pay if they don't pay immediately. I give my 'buyers' 4-6 hours before sending them an invoice that gives them the link to pay at, tells them how long I will hold the item, ask that if they have changed their mind to please let us know so we can let others buy the item, AND THEN invite them back anytime to shop at your store!!!!

The good life at ecrater! Very Happy Low stress selling!
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: