eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Google Feed Status - 100's not processed
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

View previous topic :: View next topic  
silktraveler

PostPosted: Sat Sep 10, 2011 11:21 pm    Post subject: Google Feed Status - 100's not processed Reply with quote

Between the Google Feed 9/6 and today I have about a net gain of 5 listings - several deleted, several added. However, today's Google Feed Status shows 144 lower inserted/processed count, and no error message. Actually, I haven't had an error message in many months, not since they first started the new feed attribute requirements.
Did a little search here but don't see this topic mentioned.
Any ideas? Some big change I've not read up on? For over 100 that were processed a couple days ago to not be processed now seems to me to indicate something within existing listings is newly not acceptable..
Thank you for any help.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 12:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This happened to me a week or so ago and the next feed was back to normal.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One odd observation this morning, I did a bit of major shifting around of items yesterday. Prior to yesterday, I thought my feed said 810 processed and inserted. Today, the feed says 769 processed and inserted. Looking at the counts for my top level categories (using Preview, the visible items), I see a total of 812 items. On the Admin side, I have 844 items (which includes a handful which are hidden for various reasons). None of the top level categories were changed yesterday, but certain sub-categories were rearranged. I know I added 1 item yesterday.

For the moment, I'm going to ignore it. There are no red '!' indicators on my listings. I suppose it's possible that the feed was in progress about the same time I was moving things around, so this could be that kind of glitch. Are there any error reports over at GB that might shed a clue, or is that something that only eCrater has access to ?
birdsongbooks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 7:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last feed (either Sept. 3 or 6, didn't pay too much attention) I had 821 items inserted. Yesterday's feed was 577. I searched a couple of items I know were showing in GPS last week, neither shows up today.

A site search on GPS shows 572 or 571 items, depending on what page of the search you're on. All the item pages I looked at are older items that were listed months ago, I didn't notice any newer ones, but I didn't check all 58 pages.

This doesn't appear to have anything to do with not processing the red ! items, since some of my products showing have the red !s.
birdsongbooks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hmm, another issue...I just looked for a pattern I added about a week or so ago (it does not show up in Google Products Search today).

I have the brand (Simplicity) and mpn (9302) listed in the Google attributes. This is a newer pattern, there is an old one with the same mpn. The old one is showing for another ecrater seller, but mine is gone. I wonder if the "duplicate" mpn is the problem with this one? If so, sewing pattern sellers are going to have problems.
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am a pattern seller so I tried Google's pattern search for a few of my pattern titles. Here was one title I tried:
Romper and Jumpsuit Sewing Pattern McCall's 4693 Size 5

It is strange but it did not show up under product search, but when I click WEB at the top space where the Google choices show up, my pattern showed up there, 1st in the listings!
So I tried several more patterns and they were coming up only on the WEB part of Google. Weird. It seems that there is something going on again.

Also, I have over 850 patterns listed and only 589 were processed.
Very weird.
birdsongbooks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lastade, I searched Simplicity 9302 in regular web search and what do you know? It comes right up, fourth on the page. I guess I won't complain about it not showing up in Google shopping! Laughing
lastade-designs

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree, I am not complaining either. I truly believe that most people look in regular web search and don't go to Google shopping, because they find what they are looking for in regular web search.
computerworks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Am I having the same problem here?

I've got 50-60 products and I cannot find nearly any of them in a Google Shopping search, yet they were all there 1-2 weeks ago.

My feed status says this:

Account status: Active
Feed's last updated: September 10, 2011 07:39:46
Feed's processing status: processed
Items processed: 7
Items inserted: 7

I added like 8 products just a few days ago. Is this feed right? Should it not process all my products??
birdsongbooks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Computerworks, it appears to be happening to a few people, but the upside is that products appear to have much better placement in regular web search since the glitch?
neweratradingpost

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:28 am    Post subject: Google Feed down 300 items Reply with quote

I went from having 518 items yesterday to 292 today. What's up, Google?
computerworks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 9:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

birdsongbooks wrote:
Computerworks, it appears to be happening to a few people, but the upside is that products appear to have much better placement in regular web search since the glitch?

Not in my case... this is completely hosed.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

As far as searching is concerned, I would use that very carefully. Google runs a number of datacenters, and I'm not convinced that all of them return the same results in the same order. If you qualify your search with the url for your store (e.g. site:cosmicray.ecrater.com) and you still don't see your items, then there may be a reason for concern. Also try searching by your store name alone (e.g. cosmicray), unless it happens to be a common word.
computerworks

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That works, along with for example, "scanfront 300 computerworks" in a standard web search, but if I switch to shopping with the same phrase (which should work), I get nothing, and that's where my sales come from...

And I'm not in any of the Google Shopping sandboxes (e.g. "product xyz available from 131 sellers") and I was 1-2 weeks ago.
cosmicray

PostPosted: Sun Sep 11, 2011 11:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

computerworks wrote:
That works, along with for example, "scanfront 300 computerworks" in a standard web search, but if I switch to shopping with the same phrase (which should work), I get nothing, and that's where my sales come from...

That is correct (I didn't have my head twisted in the right direction for GPS). For a GB/GPS search, try 'site:www.ecrater.com cosmicray' (changing my store qualifier to yours). That may, depending on the eccentricities of GPS, pick up more than you want, but it should find most of the entries you are looking for.

The reason for this is that GB/GPS entries, while being fed by store, are fed with marketplace URLs.

edit: BTW, once you do that, you can then pick your store from the list on the lower part of the left sidebar. That should filter out the false positives.

edit #2: When I did that, I get 'About 769 results (0.13 seconds)', which is the same as the number in the feed stats (769 inserted). So now I have to wade thru these and try to figure out what is missing.
Goto page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 1 of 4

Jump to: