eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

UK store auto turned back on ! Help!

View previous topic :: View next topic  
taste

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:25 pm    Post subject: UK store auto turned back on ! Help! Reply with quote

Hi

Sometimes back I opened up a few categories of my store to UK but subsequently, because of problems with the UK google feed, I decided to close it.

Today, to my surprise, it seems like all my categories have been turned on for UK. What is going on ? I just checked my Options and the "Enable GBP currency" is still not checked. So why is the UK store turned back on ? And how do I get rid of it ?

Please help. Thanks.

taste.ecrater.com
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is fascinating. I saw the announcement by eCrater. I wondered what effect that might have on me. Just checked my UK store (which was previously empty of items) and now I see a complete list of my inventory.

GBP prices and payment by PayPal. But my PayPal account is specifically set up for US only, so none of these will be able to make payment.

I think this happened because I had UK shipping enabled, for orders on my US store (and provided shipping costs there in USD).

*sigh*

I can't accept payments in GBP. So now what, do I need to disable UK shipping in my US store to make this go away ?
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 6:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
do I need to disable UK shipping in my US store to make this go away ?

So I disabled UK in the Shipping Zones. Now all my listings in the UK store show free shipping. I *hope* this corrects itself before someone tries to buy something.
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

cosmicray wrote:
This is fascinating. I saw the announcement by eCrater. I wondered what effect that might have on me. Just checked my UK store (which was previously empty of items) and now I see a complete list of my inventory.

GBP prices and payment by PayPal. But my PayPal account is specifically set up for US only, so none of these will be able to make payment.

I think this happened because I had UK shipping enabled, for orders on my US store (and provided shipping costs there in USD).

*sigh*

I can't accept payments in GBP. So now what, do I need to disable UK shipping in my US store to make this go away ?

As per the announcement by eCRATER:
http://community.ecrater.com/viewtopic.php?t=28803

"For all merchants who do not like this behavior there is "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies" option. By checking it off we will not auto convert the UK prices. You would rather have to use either the global editor or manually enter the GBP prices while adding/editing/copying products."

Please the the FAQ for instructions on removing the UK products.

em

Last edited by ecrater-moon on Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:15 pm; edited 1 time in total
cosmicray

PostPosted: Mon Sep 26, 2011 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ecrater-moon wrote:
cosmicray wrote:

*sigh*

As per the announcement by eCRATER:

"For all merchants who do not like this behavior there is "Do not auto convert prices in other currencies" option. By checking it off we will not auto convert the UK prices. You would rather have to use either the global editor or manually enter the GBP prices while adding/editing/copying products."

em

I read that, and I checked that. But I only checked that *after* I saw that products were being propagated unexpectedly to my UK store. That did not make the products in the UK store go away. Then I disabled UK shipping. That also did not make the products in the UK store go away (it only appears to make them show as Free Shipping).

What other methods can I use to get back to no products appearing in my UK store ?

edit: my second store, 'cosmicbricks.ecrater.com', does not show any products in the UK variant. That store has never had UK shipping enabled. That suggests that the reason I'm now in this situation is because my US store had UK shipping enabled in the Shipping Zones.
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm in the same boat. I have NEVER activated the UK store for any of my stores. My PayPal account will reject any payment not made in US Dollars.

I do not want my items shown in a UK store. HOWEVER, I do want the option of offering to ship to the UK from my US store.

A major change like this should be emailed to all sellers and not just announced on a board that many members never see!
carolinabluelady

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 6:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had also removed my products from the UK store. I kept getting US buyers buying through the UK store instead of the US store which was messing up my bookkeeping. Never did have any UK buyers for the UK store.
So, now the UK store is active with product again. And, I have a note to request an exemption from Google if I don't comply with the attribute requirement.

Quote:
For your UK store: Add Google Attributes for unique identifiers to all your items that have ones. eCRATER flagged these products with "!". You can click on the google icon to add the required attributes.

- or

File an exemption with Google to exclude your store from this requirement

I do have an exemption for the US store. My question is this - if an exemption is requested, will it cause Google to consider it a duplicate store and deny my request and boot me out of google search?
ecrater-moon
forum admin

PostPosted: Tue Sep 27, 2011 3:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

carolinabluelady wrote:
I had also removed my products from the UK store. I kept getting US buyers buying through the UK store instead of the US store which was messing up my bookkeeping. Never did have any UK buyers for the UK store.
So, now the UK store is active with product again. And, I have a note to request an exemption from Google if I don't comply with the attribute requirement.

Quote:
For your UK store: Add Google Attributes for unique identifiers to all your items that have ones. eCRATER flagged these products with "!". You can click on the google icon to add the required attributes.

- or

File an exemption with Google to exclude your store from this requirement

I do have an exemption for the US store. My question is this - if an exemption is requested, will it cause Google to consider it a duplicate store and deny my request and boot me out of google search?

Please the the FAQ for instructions for removing the products from the UK store.

The UK store is not a duplicate store because that store is submitted to Google Products UK. You can apply for and receive an exemption for both the UK and US store with no problems.

em
thecheapskirt

PostPosted: Thu Sep 29, 2011 3:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, imagine my surprise when I discovered I have a store in the UK, even though I didn't last week, and I never turned it on, and I don't ship to the UK. Rolling Eyes

Don't you think the default should be something that DOESN'T automatically change everyone's store to something other than how they set it up? Something that is an opt-in, rather than an opt-out?
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: