eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Hello
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
View previous topic :: View next topic  
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:15 am    Post subject: Hello Reply with quote

I am coming from Ebay, after my whopping 6th sale PayPal did the "pending" funds thing, I just can't accept that.

My user name there is "on_isle9", but Ecrater seems more fitting by the way I have always tried to create a happy customer in all the years of phone, and over the counter retail store, doing stereo repair.

I think i will stick with only prepaid, it's "my" reputation to build, not some merchant service.

I don't know if it's against the rules, but I now wish I could rename my store the same as my user name on ebay.
I really should have my store on hold, I just got too anxious to get away from the other place.So i need to do the shipping matrix in a hurry.

also what is the trick with the attributes, I have things in one item to sell that are all different brands at once.

I will stick with it, you have my real size picture and is very important to me and not pay for zoom or whatever.

thanks, hope you can all give me some pointers, i may add the google checkout, or my paypal account some day.

my store
http://a-better-way.ecrater.com/
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok, it looks like I need to put store on hold, and fill out the shipping matrix.

I have a general question, how much on average does it cost to ship from Michigan (or any US city, to go to Hawaii or Alaska.

Say items that are less than 13 ounces, and items that weigh 5 pounds, I do have some pretty heavy things I may sell, not too many but a few.

thanks,
going on hold for a little while.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Settled, I added a little to the cost, but offer free shipping.If I lose a little it is still worth it and makes things easier for everyone.No hidden fee for the customers.

Store is off of hold.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can not change your name yourself. You can pay a fee to have it done.

PLEASE read the FAQ section of this forum.
There you will find a topic on Changing your name.
and everything else you need to know.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 2:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to eCRATER.

Here are some suggestions:

Your home page message sounds bizarre. Remove it and put something about your inventory.

What is this deal about prepaid? Everything should be prepaid before shipping. If you accept PayPal or Google Checkout or money orders or personal checks, it is prepaid. If someone wants a part for their stereo equipment they do not want to wait for their check to reach you and clear at your bank before you mail. PayPal has a policy where they hold the money of new sellers for a while before releasing funds. Once the seller has proven their integrity, this goes away. Google automatically ships the money to your bank account.

If you want to change the name of your store, you can pay eCRATER admin to do it or you can close this store and open another with the name you prefer. You can't change your store name yourself. You can't open another store selling the same merchandise.

Since I don't know anything about parts, I don't know if your titles and descriptions are adequate or not. They seem brief and lacking to me.

You have free shipping listed now. Weigh your items packaged and then enter the weight on the listing page. If you are going to use USPS calculated they will calculate your shipping but you have to have the matrix filled out as well.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ok I got rid of some of the bizarreness, I moved it to terms.The pre-pay thing was was meant to be money order or cashiers check only, yes they are all pre-pay.
Also I just don't have it in me to be trusting paypal and all the baggage that comes with it for now, even if I don't sell anything.
I see no reason for the shipping matrix if all the shipping is only my concern.The price that is set is exactly the amount they send.
I basically just want other people to use these parts or other things I have unrelated to electronics, than set around unused.

really good suggestions.

OH !!! the only main thing holding me back, is I have things that just cannot apply to the use of attributes, is there no way to keep those from needing them.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
OH !!! the only main thing holding me back, is I have things that just cannot apply to the use of attributes, is there no way to keep those from needing them.

Since you don't offer electronic payments your products can not be feed to google shopping therefore attributes don't matter at all. Attributes are for google shopping only.
viewfinders

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your new home page is much better. However you have a different name in the banner and home page picture. This will be confusing to the buyers.

You had asked about shipping in your first post. You can use fixed shipping or free. That is your business.

I have been a Paypal user since before I was selling on line and Google checkout since their inception. I have never had a problem with either.

You really can't expect to sell successfully on line without at least one online payment service. eCRATER supports 2. I strongly recommend you use at least one of them.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes that pic i made for my ebay avatar, but I can rework things.both them and this paypal holding funds is getting quite weird on ebay, very weird, something is wrong.so i kinda want to see what happens and hopefully this weirdness will blow over.
just go read, people are leaving, long time sellers with much higher balances than me , but enough about that.

(this would be the perfect time for ecrater to do some kind of promo)

I am finding myself in google if i type in the part number and "ecrater", or it leads me to the category I am using.
I also need to absorb this ,google add, thing, and their, google checkout, all is good so far, I just need to dive in.

As for the online payment, I am not all that convinced people can trust, less, or more, than if they just do send out a cashiers check.
It would be good if i build my own reputation, I have nothing to hide or lie about.since this paypal holding money problem, it is almost in effect the same thing, they don't need any protection from an honest person, but yet need all those rules and bad sellers still cheat them while the merchants just make money.

Ok I will post a few more, i have high hopes, I will keep one or two things on the other place or some items that won't be above 5 bucks, see what happens.

I guess I am "introduced" thanks everyone !!!
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:

HUH? ecrater doesn't do any kind of promo. It's a free site. YOU do your own promo's.

You don't have to do google adsense. Google checkout is all you really need.

OF COURSE if you search your part number and ecrater you'll be found on google web site search. BUT you won't be found in google shopping.
And what shoppers search on google with the word ecrater? I can't imagine very many.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Mon Oct 03, 2011 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
Quote:

HUH? ecrater doesn't do any kind of promo. It's a free site. YOU do your own promo's.

You don't have to do google adsense. Google checkout is all you really need.

OF COURSE if you search your part number and ecrater you'll be found on google web site search. BUT you won't be found in google shopping.
And what shoppers search on google with the word ecrater? I can't imagine very many.

Holy schmoly, thats cool, google shopping thing, now that makes it worth the attributes, lol bonus I had no clue. dang.

I mean the people leaving ebay, Ecrater should do some thing to get more users at this time.

Well i am letting things settle, my ebay i have 5$ credit, everything is paid, no current fees, waiting for paypal to make a deposit.
Then i will checkout, google checkout.
Plus i need to do some reading, ,, very cool. !!!
MaggietheCatsMeows

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not sure you understand PayPal or eCRATER.

I have no absolute statistics but I would guess at least 75% of eCRATER sellers were once eBay sellers, some still are. There are currently 4,160,302 items listed on eCRATER. That's a lot of sellers. Compared to eBay we are small potatoes over here but people have been leaving eBay in droves for years although few did because of PayPal.

As far as PayPal not knowing you are an honest person, only time will tell if you are or not for them. You are a blip in a data bank; a few facts in a computer file. In the meantime they put protections on your account to protect them and the buyers in case you are a fraud. You and I both know eBay has a lot of fraudulent sellers. So does eCRATER. Both try to keep their sites safe for buyers, but crooks are getting smarter every day.

I would far rather a financial institution have protection measures in place that protects me and makes my buyers feel safe to enter their financial data online, than one that is in a race to see who can ship payments to the bank the fastest.

Remember that when you are reading all the forums and blogs where people are ranting about how horrible PayPal is, that a large number of them are crooks who got caught. You should believe very little of what you read online.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes I understand, if I bought something on-line would seem rather tedious if I sent cash, it would just be nice if people could be trusted in a perfect world.In all the years of helping customers on a, one to one, basis, it goes against my grain using all this bank card interaction all with the premise you will be cheated above the reason we do business in the first place. ya ya gullible, I know, I just very rarely very rare to create a T'd off customer.

But

I have a question, not sure where to look or which thread to ask, so I will just ask here.

Wondering about the hierarchy of things for searching.

When I go to the Google Store it finds my item placed as my front page item, right away, the others do not show up and have them listed with almost the exact same attributes.They are not placed as front page item.

Another thing is the meta tags, are they only for Ecrater in house search or do they go out to the web as well.?

Then the category, when I make a category does it force that to be filled in (I didn't try) and does it keep it out of non Ecrater searches.
I don't quite understand making ones own category if all we need are the stock categories.
theartsandlettersofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do you know the expression, If life hands you lemons, make lemonade?
The world is not a perfect place so you do the best you can.

About your personal categories.
They are for shoppers who have reached your store and want to look around. If you only have a few items listed, they aren't important as everything will show up on the one page. Once your inventory grows, the personal categories become important especially if you are selling a variety of items. If I am looking for a book I don't want to wade through pages of audio bits to find one. Think of them as going to a large department store. You check the store directory for the floor you want to go to. If however you are selling from a cart in the mall, you don't need them.

My advice for creating personal categories is to create them as you need them. If you currently don't have any coffee mugs listed but think you might have in the future, don't create a category for mugs until you are listing mugs.

As for Google, I can't explain Google and I've been here 5 plus years and still don't understand meta tags. Maybe someone else can help.
A-Better-Way

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2011 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No sales yet but I do have views, I expect things to go slow, BUT ! it is listed in search engines and can view most things now.(regular google search) I do have items that would need to be used for a more specific use as well.
I am going to upload more posts-items, the more people who join, the more Ecrater can get a better variety and the selections will be a really good place to find and buy rare items. !!!

I wish they had a bigger selection for attributes, things you could use that are hard to find any attribute for, and in more general terms "used" "new", I could get one, but adding a second one can be tough.

http://a-better-way.ecrater.com/

more things to post on MY, on_isle9 ,who did that song anyway, need to look.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Introduce Yourself
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: