eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Suspended for offering insurance?

View previous topic :: View next topic  
PowerBlaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:09 am    Post subject: Suspended for offering insurance? Reply with quote

I thing I was suspended for offering a means for customers to buy shipping insurance in increments of $100 to $1000. This made a category of 9 items with the same picture, a title and description describing the insurance level.

There must be a valid way to do this without getting suspended.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most sellers just add a little to the shipping charge to cover insurance and insure their packages themselves. Another seller just recently posted that s/he got so mad to hear that, so I hope I don't set her/him off again!

But as a buyer, I would not pay extra for insurance but I would darn sure expect my money back if the package didn't arrive or came smashed up. And I would probably get it back, from PayPal, whether you wanted me to or not. (And I assume Google would do the same, although I don't use it.) I think that is the reality in shipping today.

I'm older than many people here, I've been an "orderer" from way back, and I remember the order blanks with a separate line for insurance if you wanted to buy it. You just don't see that much any more, if at all; I think the mindset has completely changed.

To your immediate problem, it looks like you've removed that category, so go to www.ecrater.com , lower right Contact link, and tell them you think you have fixed the problem. If that was it, your store should be reactivated within a few days (it won't be instant).

Good luck!! Smile
Becky
PowerBlaster

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The eCrater contact email does not have a category
for store suspension issues. I assumes "OTHER"
to be correct. Might this category influence response?
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not really sure, but I guess Other is the only appropriate choice since it really isn't any of the others.
thelivesandlovesofmaggiethecat

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use Other to contact eCRATER.

Since there is no way for a buyer to voluntarily add insurance in an eCRATER checkout, you have to decide how much you are willing to be out of pocket should the product arrive broken or not arrive at all. If the cost of the item and shipping is more than you wish to lose then you need to build insurance into your shipping cost without the buyer having a say in the matter.
kjscreations

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Whether or not a buyer purchases insurance... YOU as the seller is LEGALLY bound to get that package to the customer & in 1 piece. Otherwise you must refund or replace. Internet sales laws fall under the same laws as mail order. I believe this is a FEDERAL law.
MoonwishesStore

PostPosted: Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Too many sellers don't think it is their responsibility to get the item to the buyer. Insure yourself whatever you feel your own wallet can't handle. Shipping insurance is fairly cheap depending on who you buy it from. I know with endicia it is only 80 cents for the first $100 for something shipped in the US. I'm sure not going to bug a buyer for that. For bigger purchases, I'm so happy to have the bigger purchase, I'm not about to quibble over a couple of dollars. Very Happy
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: