eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

Bulk listing and editing

Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
View previous topic :: View next topic  
capturingstarlight

PostPosted: Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:49 pm    Post subject: Bulk listing and editing Reply with quote

Hi, Is there an offline program that allows you to do multiple listings/products before placing on ecrater? Like ebay has turbolister?
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
wtcollectibles

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

There is a bulk lister - Admin > look down the left for Bulk Lister/Ebay Import. I haven't used it, but it appears to be a spreadsheet type of file that you create to upload. Based on the posts here in the forum, both the bulk lister and the Ebay importer are buggy and can cause headaches, especially if they are not done to the specific instructions. Be sure to read the Requirements and Help section.

A lot of sellers just create their descriptions in Notepad or Wordpad or something similar and save them and then paste them in. I use the Ebay tool InkFrog, which is similar to Turbolister, and I copy and paste from there as I move things from Ebay to Ecrater. I would think you could do the same from Turbolister, but I've never used it.

The conventional wisdom is to list things one at a time over days and weeks to keep your store active and "interesting" to the search engines. Using the copy feature for similar listings really reduces the time involved as opposed to starting from Create New Listing every time.

Whatever works best for you, best of luck in your business!! Very Happy
capturingstarlight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:20 pm    Post subject: thank you! Reply with quote

That information helps a lot - thank you!
capturingstarlight

PostPosted: Wed Oct 05, 2011 9:04 pm    Post subject: example of excel spreadsheet for bulk lister Reply with quote

Does anyone have an example of how they have set up their bulk lister in excel?

Also, how would someone do pictures in excel? for bulk listing?
SheilaDeesPostcards

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 4:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

In the section "More Options", click on "Bulk List/eBay Import" then "Requirements and help". Section II contains the headers you'll need for your spreadsheet and explains each item. Your photos will have to be located on the web (not on your own computer) and must be your own photos.
deliriumcomics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've been tinkering with a bulk listing app for a bit but the more I think about it the more I think it's silly.

True, the eCrater item entry UI is a bit cumbersome but then so would pretty much any other app. Data entry by nature is a tedious, monotonous task. In some cases it would be nice to have auto-fill or predictive typing but generally speaking I don't think you'll get any better results doing bulk uploads.

The only real upside I can see to having a bulk listing app is having you're own db with additional info in it that you aren't putting in eCrater that you can export from.

With that said... if you're wondering about Google Attributes and listing you can type in the attributes at the end of your description so you don't have to save the item then go back in.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    eCRATER.com Forum Index -> Selling on eCRATER.com
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: