eCRATER.com Forum Index

SearchSearch
ProfileProfile

bulk editor and google attributes

View previous topic :: View next topic  
BlueSkies

PostPosted: Thu Oct 06, 2011 1:55 pm    Post subject: bulk editor and google attributes Reply with quote

I need to add color as an attribute ... at least that's what it says ... not that it makes any sense since everything is multi-colored.

Can I use the Bulk Editor to add the attribute color value multi-colored to all my listing?
or will that bulk lister put it at the top oc my listings instead of at the bottom with the rest of them? and unseen, of course.
View seller's profile Send private message Visit seller's eCRATER store
zickit

PostPosted: Sun Oct 09, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

does anyone know?
deliriumcomics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:11 pm    Post subject: Re: bulk editor and google attributes Reply with quote

BlueSkies wrote:
I need to add color as an attribute ... at least that's what it says ... not that it makes any sense since everything is multi-colored.

Who says, eCrater? You don't have to add any attributes if you don't want to. Not having them could effect how, or if, you're listed in Google from what I gather

BlueSkies wrote:
Can I use the Bulk Editor to add the attribute color value multi-colored to all my listing?
or will that bulk lister put it at the top oc my listings instead of at the bottom with the rest of them? and unseen, of course.

I gather you mean the Global Editor in both cases and I doubt it. It says very specifically replace text not add text. If you end your descriptions with the same thing you could try replacing the very last few words with the same words and your attributes.

For example...

Your text always ends with "Thank you." or some such.

You could try replacing "Thank you." with "Thank you. [!attr:value!]" and etc.

Looking at your store briefly though I don't think that will work for you though. Presumably eCrater recognizes the [!attr:value!] syntax as code and doesn't show it but I'm not certain if it has to be at the bottom to be placed in Google attributes.

This makes for an interesting experiment...
deliriumcomics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bigtallmensclothing wrote:
does anyone know?

From my completely unscientific experiment I have discovered that it appears that you can in fact replace any part of the description with Google attributes and it will place them in the attributes section.

However...

It looks like it will continue to give you the "!", though that may be a caching issue that will work itself out. Also, it looks to leave it where ever you put it until you go in and update it manually. This could be a caching issue as well though

While doing this it occurred to me that being as eCrater is built on PHP/MySQL/Apache(?) it must have some sort of regex functionality which means that you could use the beginning of line regex code (I think its $) to put the attributes at the begining across the board. There is an end of line code as well but that will put it at the end of the first line so no real point there.

CAVEAT Don't do this unless you know what you are doing, are sure that eCrater uses and allows users to use regex and are prepared for the consequences of a botched update.
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Quote:
From my completely unscientific experiment I have discovered that it appears that you can in fact replace any part of the description with Google attributes and it will place them in the attributes section.

OH MY GOSH! I got to go try this ... it gave me an idea .. not 100% sure it's what you meant .. but I'll be back!
deliriumcomics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 7:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OH MY GOSH! I got to go try this ... it gave me an idea .. not 100% sure it's what you meant .. but I'll be back!

Any luck?
zickit

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 8:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's what I did ... and it worked!

all my items have the same brand name. so I put

replace description
[!brand:name here!]
with
[!brand:name here!] [!color:multi-colored!

and it worked!

I tried it with one category as a test first, Now for the rest!
deliriumcomics

PostPosted: Mon Oct 10, 2011 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

here's what I did ... and it worked!

all my items have the same brand name. so I put

replace description
[!brand:name here!]
with
[!brand:name here!] [!color:multi-colored!

and it worked!

I tried it with one category as a test first, Now for the rest!

Are you're items actually multi-colored or do they come in different colors? Google has something else for that, variants. Sadly, I don't think you can update them the same way.
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: